Weather.....again - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Weather.....again

As you can tell by my post subjects, I'm limited to Escape and weather conversations. Since both impact most of us here, I feel they are worthy subjects. That said, what in world is going on with the weather? Alaska is getting 90 degree weather as is at least a 1/3 of the southern states are approaching 100 degree days? Stay inside until we can cool down and drink a lot of water. For those in California, inside doorways is also safe for the earthquake areas. Take care.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
As I sit on my deck this morning it’s a comfortable 58 deg F and we’re only 2 months away from the possible snow season . Going campting tomorrow with 4 of our grandkids .
Temps are supposed to be in the high 70’s - low 80’s so high enough to be dangerous .
Luckily the campgrounds / park has plenty of trees and a lake with a nice beach .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Got up this morning at 5:30 and took care of a few Escape tasks as we returned home from Longview in Ontario about 5 yesterday and just unloaded the food and clothes. There was no dew this morning so I mowed about 1/2 the yard by 8:00 AM. The Japanese Beetles are heavy and better have their fun this morning because when I get back from coffee I’m gonna kill them all but 6. ( Need Pall Bearers) for the few thousand dead ones. It was very pleasant this morning but going to get hotter in the next few days. Ordered 15 gallons of log oil for the house and it was on the porch when we got home. That’s the next project. Next camping trip will be to Teddy Roosevelt NP and up into the land of the Hidatsa. Be safe, drink water and eat bananas for potassium, gotta keep that spark jumping.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I really don't worry about the weather, especially for camping, as if I did I would go less. I just head out pretty much whatever it is and still have great fun making more wonderful memories.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
It is unseasonably cool today in northern Calif. Yesterday we didn't hit 80 and this morning is is 52!
Old 07-09-2019, 10:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
It is unseasonably cool today in northern Calif. Yesterday we didn't hit 80 and this morning is is 52!
Cool, you meant to say downright hot, right?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Our weather is unseasonal as well: The morning overcast & fog (we call it June gloom) always is gone on July 5; but not this year. And afternoon temperatures are now in the low 80's, instead of the 70's. Very strange.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
The central gulf coast is seasonably hot, with highs in the mid-90s for the most part. This is why I bought my travel trailer, but I decided to skip a long trip to the north this year. Last year I was in Wisconsin for part of the summer and it was nice indeed.

Twice over the past week or so the high temperature in nearby Pensacola has been over 100 degrees F. This is quite unusual, and the second time this happened the high was 95 at my house, which is several miles inland. So I question the accuracy of the Pensacola temperature readings.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It seems to be moving eastward now, approaching 100 and with high humidity, unbearable. Can not wait until the fall to enjoy camping again
Attached Thumbnails
98789209-5969-4ffc-add4-c0aaff60b33b-Heat_this_week.jpg  
Old 07-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #10

We are expecting a high of 88 deg today . They have declared a heat advisory and closed schools & businesses . They have also called in extra emergency personnel
They are opening the ice rink so people have a place to escape the heat .
Only about 7 weeks to the possible snow season and for me it can’t come soon enough
Human beings are not meant to live in such extreme temperatures where they are slowly but surely baked to death . Hell on earth ?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Depends on what one is accustomed to I guess. Here in South Texas(40 mi from Mexico) it will be 98 today. Heat index, never have figured that out, is supposed to be 109. Work on the farm goes on.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I just got home from a tour of New England. A week ago, I woke to 47 degrees in northern New Hampshire! Turned on my propane heater for the first time (in a very long while) and warmed the camper. I’m so glad to be traveling with a 19 foot Escape instead of a tent. Used the heat once, the air conditioner several times and still managed 9 out of 17 nights with no hookups - life is grand when traveling with an Escape Trailer!
Old 07-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We are expecting a high of 88 deg today . They have declared a heat advisory and closed schools & businesses . They have also called in extra emergency personnel
They are opening the ice rink so people have a place to escape the heat .
Only about 7 weeks to the possible snow season and for me it can’t come soon enough
Human beings are not meant to live in such extreme temperatures where they are slowly but surely baked to death . Hell on earth ?
It's all what you are used to.

88 deg in Houston is spring weather - we typically get over 100 deg temp highs in July / August. We are getting cooler weather this week due to the winds from the tropical storm that hit Louisana - 86 deg this morning with a high of 90! It feels great!

The reverse side is that temps below 60 deg feels like winter to us - my wife gets out the electric blanket and we bundle up with heavy clothing when we go out.

It's all what you are used to.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #14

I’ve read several articles / thesis on the affects of warm climates or temps above 72 deg F on human behavior . There seems to be a correlation between higher temperatures and social & political unrest and physical conflicts . I know for me , I am more quick to anger when the temps are uncomfortably warm . Extreme heat often leads to drought and crop failures making the problems even worse . A lot of the studies are part of the research on climate change and their affects on human society . I find it interesting others may not
Old 07-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #15

Trailer: 1998 Casita Spirit
It’s supposed to be 102 today, par for us in the summer, it’ll get hotter. You just work around it. Now where my daughter lives, near Palm Springs, it’s supposed to be 117 today. That’s pretty bad, even though it’s really dry. It will get up in the low 120’s some days. That’s crazy hot! I’ve gone hiking there at the end of September in the middle of the day when it’s 100 and it’s not bad at all. Part of it is the humidity and part of it is what you’re accustomed to.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #16

Above 25°C is hot to me and must be dealt with by consuming mojitos on a beach.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #17

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I’ve read several articles / thesis on the affects of warm climates or temps above 72 deg F on human behavior . There seems to be a correlation between higher temperatures and social & political unrest and physical conflicts . I know for me , I am more quick to anger when the temps are uncomfortably warm . Extreme heat often leads to drought and crop failures making the problems even worse . A lot of the studies are part of the research on climate change and their affects on human society . I find it interesting others may not
I read somewhere once that jail officials purposely kept the place as cool as possible to maintain better order.

I'm very tolerant of heat but my northern friends can have the cold. Not for me!
Old 07-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #18

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
My comfort zone is maybe 60-75. It's 84F/29C, I consider that on the hot side of things, any hotter then this and you'll find me indoors. Won't be long till the water ban starts.

Don't care to be out much below freezing either.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #19

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hot Days

We try to get our work done early in the day when it’s hot. I’m working on my utility trailer as I haven’t used in a while. In my younger days like many others I tolerated the heat better and worked in some very warm environments the hottest of which was a grey iron foundry pouring molten iron into sand mounds. It was 140F on those shakeout floors. . I developed some pretty unique dance moves when a marble sized piece of red hot sand would bounce into my open topped boot every once In a while. Beer consumption was off the charts after work. That $2.10 per hour was union wages and put me through college and the work made me appreciate a “park inspection afternoon” in later life on a hot July day in an air conditioned truck.
I’m afraid I couldn’t do her today though.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:35 AM   #20

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
95-100 here now, with humidity. Would normally escape north, but 17b not ready yet. Thank goodness for the AC, it allows me to paint, replace floor and do the other projects to get our trailer just the way we want it. Without AC the work would have to wait for cooler weather.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote