Why are you a regular on the forum? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2016, 06:48 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Heaven was the afternoon I spent drinking Dos Equis and watching people while wife and daughter shopped the tourist traps.
When I was in Cancun I found $1.00 dos Equis easily, but a Pepsi or Coke was $3-$4 each. Go figure....
Old 09-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #42
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
So, another scan of FGRV this morning (haven't read it in several weeks) confirmed once again the reasons why I don't visit often, and hang out here instead:

1- I don't own a Trillium and am looking for how to fix the jalousie windows.
2- I'm not angry and looking for a fight.
3- I'm not selling my old Casita.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 10:36 AM   #43

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
So, another scan of FGRV this morning (haven't read it in several weeks) confirmed once again the reasons why I don't visit often, and hang out here instead:

1- I don't own a Trillium and am looking for how to fix the jalousie windows.
2- I'm not angry and looking for a fight.
3- I'm not selling my old Casita.

I looked at FGRV last night and came to the same conclusion. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I read as much as I can everywhere. There's some absolutely amazing rebuilds going on right now on FiberglassRV. KC has mad skills and shares everything she's doing right down to tools. Did you see the rebuilt Cadet and now the owner was able to save that irreplaceable front window? Woowser. Okay, so I'll hopefully will never be in the position to need to do that kind of work, but I still find it interesting.

If push comes to shove, I'm actually spending more time on the Facebook groups. Tons and tons of destination photos... I live vicariously!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I read as much as I can everywhere. There's some absolutely amazing rebuilds going on right now on FiberglassRV. KC has mad skills and shares everything she's doing right down to tools. Did you see the rebuilt Cadet and now the owner was able to save that irreplaceable front window? Woowser. Okay, so I'll hopefully will never be in the position to need to do that kind of work, but I still find it interesting.

If push comes to shove, I'm actually spending more time on the Facebook groups. Tons and tons of destination photos... I live vicariously!
Like Donna, I follow a number of RV forums - 10 at last count, about half fiberglass related. Part of the reason is I'm a retired technical theatre teacher & still love to help solve problems. Another reason is for the amazing amount of knowledge passed on by contributors. Lastly, it gives me something to do while drinking my morning coffee!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #46

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
KC is also generally looking for a fight. I'm following who knows better how to fiberglass a floor. I got stomped by her for making a crack about makeup ( a joke which she ( I thought a he ) took offense to ).
Much of the tone on FGRV is aggressive.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #47

Trailer: 5.0
I'm a daily reader of the forum but don't contribute often because I feel I don't have much to say. I will quote Carl Perkins..." rave on children I'm with you!"
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
...hopefully will never be in the position to need to do that kind of work, but I still find it interesting.
I agree, many of the threads on FGRV are interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Part of the reason is I'm a retired technical theatre teacher & still love to help solve problems. Another reason is for the amazing amount of knowledge passed on by contributors.
Both good reasons Jon. And, you're one of the most helpful people here. It's much appreciated.

Quote:
I've noticed that too, and thus my comment was only partially in jest.

I've noticed an uptick in the drama here too. Life's too short to take offense at things where you have a choice not to.

Overall though, the Escape forum still has very little of the argument and drama found daily elsewhere. And, people helping people is the thing.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #49

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
That's been my experience there too. Someone asked about quality of Escapes vs Scamps. Since I have owned both, I explained my experiences, which have been nearly complete opposites.

Let's just say I have chosen not to repeat that mistake.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #50

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I guess I'm a new regular. I used to just read the classifieds!

Have to agree right now about FRV but it isn't always that way- except for certain topics. Definitely lots of info and great people. But also touchy people, which I think makes me more reluctant to post.

Why I read- I've been on FRV for about eight or nine years and have learned a lot about restoring trailers (and other topics), but now I'm ready to learn more about newer trailers. I don't know if I'll ever move up from a 15 but it will be good to know the ins and outs of larger Escapes if I do. I liked the Escape from the beginning but from reading posts here I'm getting more and more impressed by it.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #51
Site Team

I think it's a lot about the tone of voice when a person responds. For instance, I really like a bunch of the painted all-molded-towables. In some cases, that was about all that could be done to salvage a very old trailer. However, there is ONE color I absolutely despise when it comes to the color on these trailers. I won't tell you what that color is, but it's often commented by "oh look a Baby Airstream." Gag, gag, gag. So, rather that tell people how I feel, it's better to either say nothing... or be kind like... nice paint job, I'm sure you'll like it. (notice I didn't say I like it!) And if you do, that's okay too. Just not me, shudder.

I too have owned a Scamp and now an Escape. I'm never going to make people feel bad because they purchased a lesser quality trailer in the Scamp. Not everyone wants, or can afford an Escape.

Love the one you're with!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #52

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
I too have owned a Scamp and now an Escape. I'm never going to make people feel bad because they purchased a lesser quality trailer in the Scamp. Not everyone wants, or can afford, an Escape.

Donna, for the record, I was never trying to make anybody feel bad who already owned a Scamp. But in my opinion, people thinking about buying one or the other deserve to hear about experiences of those who have owned both.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #53
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Donna, for the record, I was never trying to make anybody feel bad who already owned a Scamp. But in my opinion, people thinking about buying one or the other deserve to hear about experiences of those who have owned both.
Oh I agree, and I wasn't pointing out you or really anyone else in particular. Besides, no one wants to cross Floyd! Poor Scamp owners. Have you been following Gordon's threads on all the problems he's had with his brand new one? Talk about a lemon.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:59 AM   #54

Quote:
Oh I agree, and I wasn't pointing out you or really anyone else in particular. Besides, no one wants to cross Floyd! Poor Scamp owners. Have you been following Gordon's threads on all the problems he's had with his brand new one? Talk about a lemon.
No, it would seem to close to home for me I'm sure. Some friends recently told me that they bought a Scamp - I was very glad to hear it was a used older one!

Old 09-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #55

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
I think it's a lot about the tone of voice when a person responds. For instance, I really like a bunch of the painted all-molded-towables. In some cases, that was about all that could be done to salvage a very old trailer. However, there is ONE color I absolutely despise when it comes to the color on these trailers. I won't tell you what that color is, but it's often commented by "oh look a Baby Airstream." Gag, gag, gag. So, rather that tell people how I feel, it's better to either say nothing... or be kind like... nice paint job, I'm sure you'll like it. (notice I didn't say I like it!) And if you do, that's okay too. Just not me, shudder.

I too have owned a Scamp and now an Escape. I'm never going to make people feel bad because they purchased a lesser quality trailer in the Scamp. Not everyone wants, or can afford an Escape.

Hi: Donna D... Here's a pic of how I got over the "Gag reflex" about the colour of our first FG. trailer. LTOYW!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
former Boler.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #56
Site Team

I know Alf and that's why I hesitated to mention it. Yours was an aluminum beer can, not a Baby Airstream. Maybe it's that reference that wigs me out. Shoot I drove a gray truck for 12 years and my house is gray, so it's NOT that
Old 09-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #57

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I kind of like the silver baby Airstream look though it isn't my first choice of color. Worst thing for me is camo.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #58

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nothing prettier than an AS that's been in a hailstorm...
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #59

Quote:
I know Alf and that's why I hesitated to mention it. Yours was an aluminum beer can, not a Baby Airstream. Maybe it's that reference that wigs me out. Shoot I drove a gray truck for 12 years and my house is gray, so it's NOT that
Hi: Donna D... Wait till you have "Grey hair" too!!!
Alf
Old 09-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Nothing prettier than an AS that's been in a hailstorm...
Hi: Greg A... AS. Short for Aluminium Skinned.
A thousand rivets towed in close formation. Alf