Why are you a regular on the forum? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Why are you a regular on the forum?

A recent power cord question had me wondering why I keep participating on the forum. Seems there's only a handful of folks that participate, answering questions and discussing issues for more then a couple months. I'm sure one of the admins here could give us hard numbers but it really doesn't matter. Suffice it to say there are not many with a thousand or more posts, most folks just read or come and go when the need arises.

Myself, I guess I keep reading cause it beats watching commercials on TV, and I'm not into video games. It's also nice being able to help someone once in a great while.

How about you?

Old 08-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
You are so right Bob, TV and commercials are pretty low on my list these days. I haven't been on as much as usual due to camping and limited data when travelling. But it does feel good to help when you can.
It's the same on the Toyota and GM forums I belong to, certain people are always there when a question need to be answered. Although since I don't have a Toyota any more I don't jump in to answer every question, just keep in touch with friends.
Cheers
Doug

PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

Trailer: April 2015, 21, towed by 2011 Tacoma
Well, I consider myself a regular "poacher" on this forum. For 2 plus years before I took possession of our 21 in April of 2015 and continuing to now, I almost daily read new posts and occasionally research topics and have just a few posts under my belt. It is an excellent tool for me for happy and knowledgeable camping.
Larry
Patrol35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

Trailer: Eureka Equinox 6 person tent. (with a broken zipper) 5.0 TA on order July 2017 delivery
I'm recently retired, burned out (temporarily) on politics (at least until mid September) and obsessed with this forum since I recently decided to buy a trailer. Of course, I had to research all the egg manufacturers and since I already have an F 150 I decided on a 5.0 TA. Now I am slowly trying to become a theoretical expert on every aspect of RV living with absolutely no experience of ever living in or towing one.
When I was about ten we got a Nimrod Camper Trailer and I remember several stops at Bennett Springs State Park in Missouri and a two week trip to Rocky Mountain National Park (I thought it was just Estes Park) then the camper just sat outside and got moldy. I attempted to look at it when I was in my mid twenties but it was so disgusting I didn't bother trying to set it up. So, I don't want a trailer which will ever get moldy, re. egg camper.
I ordered my trailer during the NHTSA crisis so I haven't communicated with Escape very much thinking that they had more pressing issues than answering questions from someone whose build list isn't due until April, 2017. So, I have poured over many years worth of forums on this and the FGRV site. Sometime I will taper off for a few months.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
I think there are lots and lots of members - and most are happy to add their 2 cents when needed. But if someone else has answered the question or issue and posting would just be essentially saying 'ditto' then they don't post. And many are deeply involved in the forum when they are either buying, selling or working on a problem or modification but just quietly read along when there is no pressing issue or anything useful to add...
That's what we do.
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm here because there's always something new to learn (life-long learner) and it's more fun than cleaning house or mowing the yard!

I do capture nuggets of info, like terrific camping spots folks have shared and I love to look at the pictures.

I remember how absolute, positively, totally thrilled I was once I ordered Ten Forward and the encouragement I received from the membership. I try to pay that forward.

But, as a moderator, I do spend time fixing stuff that's broken and rotate pictures! It's the job...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #7

Trailer: Former class c .. Deciding on 17B
A wealth of information is here ...all you have to do is ask!

I personally don't know any information on trailering or owning a Escape. I do know that if I have a "dumb" question so many forum members will answer it...politely. For that, I thank you for taking the time.
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
A recent power cord question had me wondering why I keep participating on the forum. Seems there's only a handful of folks that participate, answering questions and discussing issues for more then a couple months. I'm sure one of the admins here could give us hard numbers but it really doesn't matter. Suffice it to say there are not many with a thousand or more posts, most folks just read or come and go when the need arises.

Myself, I guess I keep reading cause it beats watching commercials on TV, and I'm not into video games. It's also nice being able to help someone once in a great while.

How about you?
Hi: padlin... I'm here cause sometimes I need a good laugh. Some times I feel the need to inject some humour into others day. It can be down right boring and the legalese can be a dread... but that's life!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I am so grateful for the posts of seasoned owners. Thanks for your contributions & kindness to newbies.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape
Palin that is the best question ever asked on this forum.

I like the mods. I hope someday to see radical alterations that pay no attenton to resale value.

Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote