Why are you a regular on the forum? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #1

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Why are you a regular on the forum?

A recent power cord question had me wondering why I keep participating on the forum. Seems there's only a handful of folks that participate, answering questions and discussing issues for more then a couple months. I'm sure one of the admins here could give us hard numbers but it really doesn't matter. Suffice it to say there are not many with a thousand or more posts, most folks just read or come and go when the need arises.

Myself, I guess I keep reading cause it beats watching commercials on TV, and I'm not into video games. It's also nice being able to help someone once in a great while.

How about you?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
You are so right Bob, TV and commercials are pretty low on my list these days. I haven't been on as much as usual due to camping and limited data when travelling. But it does feel good to help when you can.
It's the same on the Toyota and GM forums I belong to, certain people are always there when a question need to be answered. Although since I don't have a Toyota any more I don't jump in to answer every question, just keep in touch with friends.
Cheers
Doug
Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

Trailer: April 2015, 21 classic
Well, I consider myself a regular "poacher" on this forum. For 2 plus years before I took possession of our 21 in April of 2015 and continuing to now, I almost daily read new posts and occasionally research topics and have just a few posts under my belt. It is an excellent tool for me for happy and knowledgeable camping.
Larry
Patrol35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I'm recently retired, burned out (temporarily) on politics (at least until mid September) and obsessed with this forum since I recently decided to buy a trailer. Of course, I had to research all the egg manufacturers and since I already have an F 150 I decided on a 5.0 TA. Now I am slowly trying to become a theoretical expert on every aspect of RV living with absolutely no experience of ever living in or towing one.
When I was about ten we got a Nimrod Camper Trailer and I remember several stops at Bennett Springs State Park in Missouri and a two week trip to Rocky Mountain National Park (I thought it was just Estes Park) then the camper just sat outside and got moldy. I attempted to look at it when I was in my mid twenties but it was so disgusting I didn't bother trying to set it up. So, I don't want a trailer which will ever get moldy, re. egg camper.
I ordered my trailer during the NHTSA crisis so I haven't communicated with Escape very much thinking that they had more pressing issues than answering questions from someone whose build list isn't due until April, 2017. So, I have poured over many years worth of forums on this and the FGRV site. Sometime I will taper off for a few months.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #5

Trailer: none
I think there are lots and lots of members - and most are happy to add their 2 cents when needed. But if someone else has answered the question or issue and posting would just be essentially saying 'ditto' then they don't post. And many are deeply involved in the forum when they are either buying, selling or working on a problem or modification but just quietly read along when there is no pressing issue or anything useful to add...
That's what we do.
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm here because there's always something new to learn (life-long learner) and it's more fun than cleaning house or mowing the yard!

I do capture nuggets of info, like terrific camping spots folks have shared and I love to look at the pictures.

I remember how absolute, positively, totally thrilled I was once I ordered Ten Forward and the encouragement I received from the membership. I try to pay that forward.

But, as a moderator, I do spend time fixing stuff that's broken and rotate pictures! It's the job...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 2001 coachmen
A wealth of information is here ...all you have to do is ask!

I personally don't know any information on trailering or owning a Escape. I do know that if I have a "dumb" question so many forum members will answer it...politely. For that, I thank you for taking the time.
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
A recent power cord question had me wondering why I keep participating on the forum. Seems there's only a handful of folks that participate, answering questions and discussing issues for more then a couple months. I'm sure one of the admins here could give us hard numbers but it really doesn't matter. Suffice it to say there are not many with a thousand or more posts, most folks just read or come and go when the need arises.

Myself, I guess I keep reading cause it beats watching commercials on TV, and I'm not into video games. It's also nice being able to help someone once in a great while.

How about you?
Hi: padlin... I'm here cause sometimes I need a good laugh. Some times I feel the need to inject some humour into others day. It can be down right boring and the legalese can be a dread... but that's life!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 19'
I am so grateful for the posts of seasoned owners. Thanks for your contributions & kindness to newbies.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape
Palin that is the best question ever asked on this forum.

I like the mods. I hope someday to see radical alterations that pay no attenton to resale value.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I approach this forum similarly to my co-workers when I was employed. A group of people eager to share or learn and help others, "What' Sup"
Old 08-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I came to this forum so that I could go from a life long tent camper to an RV'er. It allowed my wife and I to start out with a successful 10 week maiden voyage. I enjoy helping others whenever I can. I scour the forum as nuggets of good information come buried in random threads. Also a health challenge for my wife has limited our use of the Escape leaving me to camp through others on this forum.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
I like the mods. I hope someday to see radical alterations that pay no attenton to resale value.
I like my trailer pretty much the way I picked it up. But love seeing what other do. Shoot, Ten Forward will probably end up being an Estate issue for my daughter. Resale the very last thing I think about...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Might sound strange to some but I consider this forum a bit of a sanctuary. My life and travel schedule is quite hectic and demanding. I don't get to camp near as much as I like. Reading and posting on the forum, reading about someone's new adventure, or even forgetting about work and dealing with some questions or issues about Escapes -- well, that's just fun to me. Call it therapy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
I'm a regular reader and sometimes poster.

The Forum is one of between 5-10 sites I click to - usually several times a day if we are around the house. I don't read every post. The Forum along with the Fiberglass forum are the only RV sites I read.

I find the Escape Forum entertaining, has lots of info and polite exchanges. I feel a debt to the Forum since we had never towed or traveled with an RV before purchasing our cute little 17b. The answers I got to all my newbie questions were extraordinarily helpful. So I try to bring my perspective, as a very non-technical, non-mechanical person to those like me who may be asking questions.

Getting info re: Trip planning, camp ground sites keep me coming back. Plus I enjoy Bagglo's sense of humour. And I think it is nice to be on a Forum comprising of Canadians and Americans (and at least one person from Europe whose name I forget). Conversations even if focussed on all things camping help to give me a broader perspective of those residing below the Canadian border than if all I got was from the media.

I also like Threads such as - share your worst trailer/towing mistake, what keeps you home from Escaping. Before I retired I remember avidly reading retirement threads.

Yesterday, I used the Forum to figure out how to clean the MAXX Fan.

That is why I frequent the Escape Forum

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
I spend about 90% of my time learning and the other half laughing
One day I hope to contribute more many Thanks to the many experienced, thoughtful, and helpful members here!!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm still here because the forum is populated by intelligent and reasonable people who want to help one another. Or, as my wife ( remember 'the old bag'?) likes to say, "talking to my invisible friends".
Old 08-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #18

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Wait, Maxx Fans have to be cleaned?? !!!! Where else could I learn something like this?

Seriously, the fine folks on this forum are so nice. Nobody is snotty or snooty or anything like that. We're just enthusiasts, some who are looking forward to bringing their Escape home and those who are loving the one they have.

I've read so horror stories about people who buy RV's that are in the shop for almost their whole warranty period. It's comforting to know that someone builds quality RV's for reasonable prices. The catch is I have to wait more than a year to get one. But after reading all the stuff in here I know it's worth the wait.

Meanwhile, I can figure out what I want on MY Escape. Who else does all there customization ETI allows?

So I'll be active in this forum for the 12-18 months and then my participation will likely decline. But I doubt I'll completely leave this community for quite some time.

Rich

Rich

1987 Bigfoot 5er (starter wheels)
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (dream wheels: Sept 2017)
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:26 PM   #19

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm still here because the forum is populated by intelligent and reasonable people who want to help one another. Or, as my wife ( remember 'the old bag'?) likes to say, "talking to my invisible friends".
Glenn, I know it was a sore subject, but I loved 'The Old Bag'. I literally laughed out loud each time I read it. From context, I knew exactly where it came from, and I miss it. My favorites involved the 'Litter Bag'. Salud'

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:28 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Just joined this forum about a month ago. We have been thinking of buying a camper for quite a while and went to a few dealers and looked around. The only trailers that really appealed to us were the fiberglass.

Last year we took a ride to Casita and checked out their campers. We came close to buying the 17' Spirit but had second thoughts mainly because of the carpeted walls and we decided it probably wouldn't be a good fit because of Donna's asthma issues. We also needed to get a tow vehicle.

Kept researching other FG trailers such as Scampi, Oliver, BigFoot and Escape. We ended up putting a deposit on the Escape 19 because we liked the floorplan and also because of some of the things we read on this forum about the ability to customize it as well as ETI's commitment to it's customers.

This is a great place for anyone toying with the idea of getting a fiberglass camper to learn, ask questions, get tips. We hope to be involved with the forum for a long time as there is so much to know, so many questions to ask; and one day we may be to share what we have learned with others who are curious about these little FG campers that we spend so much time talking about. So a big thank you to all who participate in this forum and take the time to answer our questions.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote