Windows 10 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Been on Windows 10 since the very first date of release and 8.1 prior to that. 8 was a bit kinky but systems ran better on it, 10 has been fantastic, but I'm a long-time IT contractor so I'm at a bit of an advantage. You have to know the initial settings that need to be done when you install it or you'll run into some issues, but they are an easy Google.
No issues with anything on 10 except for aging, but that's more my issue.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #22

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
Can't wait for windows 20 .......

Windows 10 is old now ...
Old 07-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #23

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
I downloaded Windows 10 after several compatibility problems with an online gift card I have. I can now get to the gift card but 10 hates every browser I use, Firefox, IE, Chrome and even Edge the browser that comes with it. Scripting errors everywhere (including on this forum). Freeze ups that require restarts and the most messed up thing is that it resets my proxy server to an old router/DSL that I don't even have anymore. Frustrating is the best that I can really say for it. Worse was having to replace a laptop and of course all you can get is 10.
you can still get laptops/desktops with Win7 Pro from business laptop/desktop providers like HP and Dell....same as with XP before, businesses are usually the last ones to adopt the latest Windoze OS...consumers who buy the consumer retail laptops have little or no choice...at least the WIN10 Pro/Enterprise version (not free) gives you some choices with regard to privacy and updates...for the free personal edition Win 10 users should read (and understand) the new license......
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I don't know why people are having issues with Chrome on Windows 10. Our home Windows/PC laptop came from the factory with Win8.0, became much nicer with Win8.1, and was upgraded to Win10 when I decided to let the offer go ahead. I normally use Chrome for all web browsing (other than access to Hotmail), with no issues of note - under any Windows version I've used. It clearly can work fine.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:22 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
[QUOTE=Jim Bennett;150445]
I have not had a single issue, other than getting used to a few things. To me it seems more intuitive to the way I work.

Since I got my first computer with Windows 3.1, and still had to do lots of stuff in DOS. I have heard lots of complaints as new versions are put out. I think the issue is more that one must learn a few new things, more than the new versions don't perform well. /QUOTE]

Unfortunately not all users are that lucky. As Greg points out, without some tech knowledge it's possible to have some issues.

I'm not resistant to change. Heck, my first computer was a Timex Sinclair TS 1000 that I put together myself. A whole 2 KB of RAM. Later had a research grant from Apple to develop a CAD program for the Apple 2E. Dual disk drives, no hard drive. So I've adopted and adapted to a lot of computer changes over the years. What I don't like is the way MS underhandedly slipped in Win 10 by using security updates as a trojan horse.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm proud of the restraint shown by the Mac users.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:34 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
You can download this simple program to prevent upgrading to Windows 10: https://www.grc.com/never10.htm . It uses the approved Microsoft method of turning off the Windows 10 update.

I'm very happy with Windows 10, however I don't agree with the methods Microsoft has used to push it on the Windows 7 and 8 users.
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote