A Dream loaded 17B! ASAP!! Esp if you're upsizing soon - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Artlady I hope you can find one soon. The problem is that anyone else, like us, now considering a move to another Escape is facing the same problem as you, of not being able to get one before 2017. Also, there other folks like us who bought our Escapes when the Canadian dollar was worth about the same as, or even sometimes more than, the US $, so selling would mean an even bigger hit based on current prices of new ones.

I wish we could fulfill your dream and sell you ours now, but we can't be without one for all of 2016. It is a beautiful 2010 17B with lots of options, waxed every year, stored inside all its life, in like new condition. Hopefully there is someone with another really nice one who has a new Escape coming in 2016 and is just waiting until closer to their delivery time to list it for sale.

Good Luck!!

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #12

Trailer: 19' Escape- 2016 -(NEW 2017 model)
I keep on learning so much from everyone's posts as well as replies. What a great bunch!

I appreciate this so much, as it helps me figure things out whilst on this crazy quest.

OK, so there ARE things I can do regarding after-market changes. In a few other posts, some owners had suggested such changes would be cost-prohibitive, or not possible. But now, I am aware of not only a product that would help to add insulation, but also a method in which to do so.

There were also other ideas I found when searching for winter camping, or plummeting temperatures...very helpful!
I was just leery of the effectiveness of doing these things, especially because of my unique requirements (health issues). Also, to do these and other changes to adapt the trailer to my needs may prove to be physically difficult for me. But I can figure out other ways to do this, of course.
Ok...again, a big thank-you to all who have posted and contacted me. .
Please keep your eyes and ears open for any trailers that pop up for sale...send along a PM! .

Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #13

Thoer, you made my day! I really appreciate the kind thought and post. If you find yourself in a position ready to sell sooner rather than later, please contact me. You are right up the road from me!
yes, I will just hope that someone changes their mind, or a new trailer pops up that accelerates the process for them...or me!
☺️
Old 10-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #14

Yes, Greg, all good questions...I had another thread somewhere asking about the evolution and timing of these changes. So, I was concentrating on specific model years that had thermal windows, extra insulation, etc. For me, it comes down to what can be effectively and efficiently done after-market, to fulfill my requirements. Still trying to figure that out!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:27 PM   #15

Ron in BC, all excellent reminders and suggestions! I didn't know about boater's tips to winterize windows. I'm sure that with a more diligent search, I could find other tips as well. But you made me aware of several things I can do to the trailer...thanks!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #16

Trailer: 2005 17ft Escape
Hello,
Our's isn't new... but like others have mentioned - it's hard to find a like new and loaded 17 unless you want to wait until 2017. Our 2005 17B is listed currently. Please see previous posts in the forum! Located 1 hour south of Seattle
Derek
dlsmith222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:43 AM   #17

Ok, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsmith222 View Post
Hello,
Our's isn't new... but like others have mentioned - it's hard to find a like new and loaded 17 unless you want to wait until 2017. Our 2005 17B is listed currently. Please see previous posts in the forum! Located 1 hour south of Seattle
Derek
Thanks, Dl... I just sent you a PM.

Tags
17b, newer, upsizing, wanted