A Dream loaded 17B! ASAP!! Esp if you're upsizing soon - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Exclamation A Dream loaded 17B! ASAP!! Esp if you're upsizing soon

Hi!
If you read my introduction posted today, you'll know why the urgency. I suddenly, and finally have the time to start living and enjoying life...but my "window" may be small due to overt health reasons, along with weakening further from muscular dystrophy.
So, I've researched like mad for a camper over the past week, and thought the Escape was the best buy (exchange rate) and BEST quality in the FG class!
The only initial problem, so I thought, was do I buy a 17 or 19".
However, the BIGGER problem is the build time! I can't wait until 2017 for my dream camper...
I may not be able to even go out and use it, judging from my declining health and history.

So, I'm hoping that I can catch someone out there who is just about to list their newer, gently-used 17 Escape for sale. I'm willing to drive cross-country if the deal is a great one.

I'm hoping to find a seller who bought a camper when the exchange rate was favorable, so it's reasonably priced, and lower than a new unit would cost today. Hopeful, I know... But "hope" has gotten me this far through quite a lot!
Also, one that is fully winterized (or still could be modified as such), and has a few of the more desirable options already installed. (I'm still looking at the build lists to figure that out).
If you are in this position, please contact me asap! I'd appreciate it very much!
Old 09-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #2

I did have this in my title, but I wanted to reiterate in the comment body that I'm looking for a 17B. Having an interior bathroom with shower is vital for me.
So, if you or anyone you know are even remotely thinking of selling soon, or over the next year, please pm me!
Thank you so much! Take care!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #3

Also, I may even consider a 19', if it's gently used...it seems from reading the forums, that most crossovers can handle a 19'. With the amount of traveling we will be doing once we retire, I figure I could use the extra space.
Any further thoughts about this from people with v6 crossovers or minivans who tow 19' Escapes? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I tow my 19' Escape with the GMC Acadia. No problems on the east coast mountains. In the high passes in the west, you will find yourself slowing down and babying the vehicle on the climbs. Also, I don't carry a lot in my trailer or the car. You have to think about where you will be towing.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:51 PM   #5

17'...or 19'?!

Thanks for the info! Yes, I realize that the car and trailer loads would need to be carefully considered. It's nice to hear of other's experiences, especially on the mountain roads, with this sized trailer. Happy travels!
Old 10-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #6

Hi folks! I am still on the hunt for a gently used 17 B. Escape trailer. There have been a few beauties out there, but unfortunately, they didn't have the insulation or thermal windows I really need.
So, if any of you are thinking about selling your trailer within the next few months, would you please send me an email through the forum? let's discuss the possibilities!
thank you so much!
Old 10-19-2015, 12:40 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
To clarify; by insulation do you mean the extra reflectix insulation on the lower trailer walls or the foam insulation under the trailer?

As I understand it, the extra insulation is basically just in the lockers etc. and could be mostly retrofitted without too much difficulty. It's value, in my opinion, isn't that great.

The under trailer foam can be done by many shops.

Double glazed windows are nice. After years of boating here in the cold winters of the Pacific Northwest with lots of condensation in the mornings, the double glazed windows in the Escape are a great improvement. However many boaters who live on their boats in the winter just use window shrink film to keep the moisture laden air from contacting the cold glass. It works quite well.

So, at some point, if you start to get in a time crunch and haven't found an Escape exactly to your specs. you might consider these alternatives.

Ron
Old 10-19-2015, 01:50 AM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ron is correct in that I added the extra reflectix under the benches all around in about 30 minutes and $25 on our 05 17. I don't think ETI offered the double pane windows till not too long ago, could be mistaken on that but don't recall that as an option till recently. Many of the older model 17's may not have had those available to even add when they were built.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Ron is correct in that I added the extra reflectix under the benches all around in about 30 minutes and $25 on our 05 17. I don't think ETI offered the double pane windows till not too long ago, could be mistaken on that but don't recall that as an option till recently. Many of the older model 17's may not have had those available to even add when they were built.
Mine was built in late 2008 or early 2009 and I was able to order thermal windows and extra insulation.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Interesting, wonder if they always offered the thermal Windows since the start? Anyone know when did they start the foam, heated tank pads, extra insulation, and thermal Windows?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Artlady I hope you can find one soon. The problem is that anyone else, like us, now considering a move to another Escape is facing the same problem as you, of not being able to get one before 2017. Also, there other folks like us who bought our Escapes when the Canadian dollar was worth about the same as, or even sometimes more than, the US $, so selling would mean an even bigger hit based on current prices of new ones.

I wish we could fulfill your dream and sell you ours now, but we can't be without one for all of 2016. It is a beautiful 2010 17B with lots of options, waxed every year, stored inside all its life, in like new condition. Hopefully there is someone with another really nice one who has a new Escape coming in 2016 and is just waiting until closer to their delivery time to list it for sale.

Good Luck!!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #12

I keep on learning so much from everyone's posts as well as replies. What a great bunch!

I appreciate this so much, as it helps me figure things out whilst on this crazy quest.

OK, so there ARE things I can do regarding after-market changes. In a few other posts, some owners had suggested such changes would be cost-prohibitive, or not possible. But now, I am aware of not only a product that would help to add insulation, but also a method in which to do so.

There were also other ideas I found when searching for winter camping, or plummeting temperatures...very helpful!
I was just leery of the effectiveness of doing these things, especially because of my unique requirements (health issues). Also, to do these and other changes to adapt the trailer to my needs may prove to be physically difficult for me. But I can figure out other ways to do this, of course.
Ok...again, a big thank-you to all who have posted and contacted me. .
Please keep your eyes and ears open for any trailers that pop up for sale...send along a PM! .
Old 10-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #13

Thoer, you made my day! I really appreciate the kind thought and post. If you find yourself in a position ready to sell sooner rather than later, please contact me. You are right up the road from me!
yes, I will just hope that someone changes their mind, or a new trailer pops up that accelerates the process for them...or me!
☺️
Old 10-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #14

Yes, Greg, all good questions...I had another thread somewhere asking about the evolution and timing of these changes. So, I was concentrating on specific model years that had thermal windows, extra insulation, etc. For me, it comes down to what can be effectively and efficiently done after-market, to fulfill my requirements. Still trying to figure that out!
Old 10-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #15

Ron in BC, all excellent reminders and suggestions! I didn't know about boater's tips to winterize windows. I'm sure that with a more diligent search, I could find other tips as well. But you made me aware of several things I can do to the trailer...thanks!
Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #16

Trailer: 2005 17ft Escape
Hello,
Our's isn't new... but like others have mentioned - it's hard to find a like new and loaded 17 unless you want to wait until 2017. Our 2005 17B is listed currently. Please see previous posts in the forum! Located 1 hour south of Seattle
Derek
Old 10-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #17

Ok, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsmith222 View Post
Hello,
Our's isn't new... but like others have mentioned - it's hard to find a like new and loaded 17 unless you want to wait until 2017. Our 2005 17B is listed currently. Please see previous posts in the forum! Located 1 hour south of Seattle
Derek
Thanks, Dl... I just sent you a PM.

Tags
17b, newer, upsizing, wanted