Do you have a 21' we can look at? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Casita SD 17'
Do you have a 21' we can look at?

We live in northern Cali near the coast. If you live near Sac, the Bay Area or Humboldt county and have a 21' Escape that you would like to show, we would be most appreciative.
I have contacted ETI with this request but they may not know anyone close.
We will be at Bullards Beach, Oregon for the July Casita rally also. If you are also attending and would not mind us taking a peak at your 21', sooo good.
Casita offers a finders fee to owners who show their trailers to prospective buyers, I don't know if Escape does the same but we would be willing to provide such a finders fee if we should buy an Escape either new or used.

Happy camping,

Mark & Cheryl & Nellie, the beagle.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 1998 Casita Spirit
I’m in the same boat, trying to find a newer 21’ without traveling too many hours, since we don’t have plans to order until next year. I’m just going to wait till Bullard’s Beach and see some then. Maybe we will run into each other there!
Old 05-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa M. View Post
I’m just going to wait till Bullard’s Beach and see some then. Maybe we will run into each other there!
Lisa, that would be great! Look for us in the Casita with Lake Tahoe on front.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
pre tour4.jpg  
Old 05-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We are in Healdsburg CA, just returned from our first trip in our 2019 Escape 21.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
LRL

Trailer: 2017-2013: 21C; Arriving 3/2024: Escape 23
We are in Arcata (Northern Humboldt) and would be happy to show you our 21 if you're passing our way when we're home.
Arcata, CA
Old 05-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlavine View Post
We are in Healdsburg CA, just returned from our first trip in our 2019 Escape 21.
Robert, great!!!!! see you Thurs. PM sent

Mark
Old 05-28-2019, 02:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRL View Post
We are in Arcata (Northern Humboldt) and would be happy to show you our 21 if you're passing our way when we're home.
Lee and Nancy. Thank you for your kind offer. We will be going thru on our way to Ballard Beach Egg Rally in July. Hope to be close to decision time by then.

Mark
Old 05-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkevenson View Post
Casita offers a finders fee to owners who show their trailers to prospective buyers, I don't know if Escape does the same but we would be willing to provide such a finders fee if we should buy an Escape either new or used.
In Canada, Escape has traditionally offered a CAD$200 finder's fee to owners who showed their trailer to someone who eventually bought one for themselves. The cheque from ETI arrives after the new buyer has paid for their unit in full.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchlight View Post
In Canada, Escape has traditionally offered a CAD$200 finder's fee to owners who showed their trailer to someone who eventually bought one for themselves. The cheque from ETI arrives after the new buyer has paid for their unit in full.
Brent and Cheryl, Casita does the same. I wonder if Escape requires that you purchased your trailer from the factory, or , if they will pay a second or 3rd owner the finders fee as well. Seems like a good practice since there are no dealers. I am glad, I do not like having to do business with a middle man , generally.

Just curious as to your post?

Mark
Old 05-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkevenson View Post
Brent and Cheryl, Casita does the same. I wonder if Escape requires that you purchased your trailer from the factory, or , if they will pay a second or 3rd owner the finders fee as well. Seems like a good practice since there are no dealers. I am glad, I do not like having to do business with a middle man , generally.

Just curious as to your post?

Mark
Mark, five years ago gbaglo stopped at our place on his way through town at our request and showed us his 17' Escape. A short time later, we travelled to Chilliwack and ordered ours.

Like you, we found a personal showing by an owner to be a more pleasant and useful process than the showroom and commissioned salesperson approach. And you gain a lot more knowledge by talking with an owner who has actually camped in their unit extensively, and knows which build list options are worthwhile, etc.

Regarding whether ETI pays a finder's fee to second and third owners of an Escape, you would have to ask the staff at the factory. They also used to keep a list of owners across North America, including your area, who had agreed to show their units to prospective buyers.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchlight View Post
Regarding whether ETI pays a finder's fee to second and third owners of an Escape

Why would they? You're not buying it from ETI.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Why would they? You're not buying it from ETI.
I took Mark's question to mean receiving the $200 fee from ETI for showing your second or third-hand Escape to a prospective buyer of a new one from the factory. Not sure of the answer. As so often happens, I'm probably out of my depth here.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
If that was the question, then Jim Norman is the champion of collecting referral fees.
A bit thick. Now, I think I understand the question. Person buying a new trailer from ETI would specify who showed them an Escape. If that person didn't buy from ETI then ETI would need name and address.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #14
ds

Trailer tours at Bandon

To clarify people coming to Bullard's Beach in Bandon, Oregon. We will have a few designated hours on Saturday only for trailer tours and it will be optional for trailer owners. Not everyone cares to spend hours showing their trailers so we advise that unless people are in their campsite with the door open or a open sign don't bother them. We are there to relax and have fun not be unpaid sales people for trailer manufactures. Most of the people that show their trailers have done modifications on them and are eager to share those so you may get invited to take a peek on other days. Also, Escape Industries has a referral program that a owner can choose to participate in or not. I understand from Escape Industries that they have trailers almost anywhere and the owners are signed up on the "show their trailer for a potential fee" program. They can help you locate an Escape owner in this program.

Deb
Old 05-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
The showing reward is $100 Canadian. I showed my purchased from ETI trailer.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:00 AM   #16

gbaglo, yes, I was asking about a finders fee for an Escape owner, who is not the original owner, and the new Escape being purchased new from ETI.

Deb, I too hope those interested in seeing other folks trailers be very respectful of campers desire for privacy. We have been to several rallies in our short career as TT campers and have found most owners very friendly and proud of their trailers. Most eager to "show them off".

Mark
Old 05-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #17

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
E21 in Klamath, CA

We have a 2019 E21. We will be visiting Klamath, CA beginning June 3, staying 3 nights. Happy to show our trailer if you would like to see a late model E21. Please email me at my GMail address if you would like to make arrangements to do so.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
The showing reward is $100 Canadian. I showed my purchased from ETI trailer.
I checked with ETI and they still pay CAD$200 to an owner who shows their trailer to an individual or couple who eventually buy a trailer, as long as the buyer mentions the ambassador/owner when they sign their contract.

The $100 figure probably pops up because, according to one of the Escape staff, sometimes the buyer will have viewed two trailers and wants the amount split between both owners.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #19

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 and a less than thrilled 2017 Tacoma dragging it around the countryside
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRL View Post

Lee & Nancy: I see you are towing your 21' with a v6 Tacoma. I'll be picking my 21' up September 20, towing it home (to NorCal) with a v6 Tacoma. I'd be very interested in your hitch config, Are you long bed/short bed, and most especially your experiences towing with your TV/Trailer combo!

Richard
Middletown, CA
Old 06-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you took the time to show your Escape to a prospective owner and they later purchased a new Escape from the factory and they mentioned they saw your Escape (regardless of model or year) then you will receive a referral fee of $200 canadian, about $140 US. If these same owners looked at more than one Escape, then that fee can be split in half. It is up to the prospective buyer. One time I was one of only a few owners on this side of the Mississippi and I have received numerous checks or had credited to my build sheets, if I was buying or thinking of buying. We call them bird dog fees in the lower 48.