Is your 17’B or 19’ Escape trailer needing a new home? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Shopping for Escape
Smile Is your 17’B or 19’ Escape trailer needing a new home?

My wife & I are looking to get back into the fiberglass community after selling our Boler in the spring.
We are interested in acquiring a 17’B – 19’ Escape 2010 to 2014 model years.
Located in Southern Ontario. Please forward details of your trailer that you would like to see go to a new home.
Thanks for viewing.
Ryan & Nicole, Team Morrison
Old 09-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Morrison View Post
My wife & I are looking to get back into the fiberglass community after selling our Boler in the spring.
We are interested in acquiring a 17’B – 19’ Escape, 2000 to 2006 model years.
Located in Southern Ontario. Please forward details of your trailer that you would like to see go to a new home.
Thanks for viewing.
Hi: Team_Morrison... Escape Ind. only started building trailers in 2003. They were all 17's and the first couple of years were ltd. production. That's what happens when you start from scratch. Our 5.0 fifth wheel was a 2007 and it was the first one east of the Rockies. There's one 17er across St Thomas and it's an early one #ing in the first 20 or 30 built.
ps. It was a pleasure to meet you in Niagara Falls. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 09-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Ryan and Nicole ,
Only advice I would have for you is to get flexibility built into your schedule, have some $ ready and waiting, check the Escape forum and fiberglass RV regularly and finally bump your message to the top when it dissapears as long as the forum allows this.
Dave
Old 09-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #4

Thanks Dave
We have found that patiences & $ in hand is required. Sometimes not always in that order.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Team_Morrison... Escape Ind. only started building trailers in 2003. They were all 17's and the first couple of years were ltd. production. That's what happens when you start from scratch. Our 5.0 fifth wheel was a 2007 and it was the first one east of the Rockies. There's one 17er across St Thomas and it's an early one #ing in the first 20 or 30 built.
ps. It was a pleasure to meet you in Niagara Falls. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Thanks Alf
Do you know if there is any way to see the 17' in St. Thomas?
Old 09-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
I suspect there a few folks like me, that are "trading up" but plan on hanging onto their current Escapes for a while. How soon to you want to take delivery?
Old 09-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I suspect there a few folks like me, that are "trading up" but plan on hanging onto their current Escapes for a while. How soon to you want to take delivery?
We are coming to the end of camping season in about a month here in Southern Ontario so at this point would like to have a unit for May 2017.
Your 2013 maybe above our budget with the Can/Us $ exchange, but could still be interested.
What is the eta on your new unit?
Old 09-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #8

Quote:
We are coming to the end of camping season in about a month here in Southern Ontario so at this point would like to have a unit for May 2017.
Your 2013 maybe above our budget with the Can/Us $ exchange, but could still be interested.
What is the eta on your new unit?
Not until 0ctober but it will be available for a new owner in June '17 (nobody will want it near the end of camping season ). Looks as if we both have time to ponder our options, huh? Best of luck to you in your search.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Rich,
My 17B I sold in the 2nd week of Aug last year in 24hrs.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Not until 0ctober but it will be available for a new owner in June '17 (nobody will want it near the end of camping season ). Looks as if we both have time to ponder our options, huh? Best of luck to you in your search.
Thanks Rich, we will keep on searching!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #11

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
We are interested in acquiring a 17’B – 19’ Escape 2010 to 2014 model years.
Thanks for viewing.
If you haven't seen a 17b, I have one in London, you could take a look before she goes away for the winter. We have one more trip planned before storage.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Rich,
My 17B I sold in the 2nd week of Aug last year in 24hrs.
That's encouraging to hear, Greg. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
If you haven't seen a 17b, I have one in London, you could take a look before she goes away for the winter. We have one more trip planned before storage.
Thanks Doug for the offer.
We attended the Escape Wine Event and were able to view the Escape line of trailers. So we will decline the offer to view see yours at this time.
We were successful by picking up a one owner 2010 KZ-Coyote 164CL unit, it's a laminated sandwich wall construction trailer (fiberglass panel, 1" styrofoam core, 1/8" plywood/wallpaper).
It's not an Escape but it's got us out camping again and the living room in the house gets new carpet.
This does not mean our search for an escape is over it just delay's it for a season or two.
Thanks again Doug, everyone else that has replyed and viewed.
Ryan & Nicole
Old 10-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Ryan and Nicole, I like your thinking. The main thing is to get out there and camp, and any trailer is a big step up in comfort and convenience from a tent.

In the meantime, the right Escape will come along.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:
I am interested in your 19 and a sale next spring would be ideal so I don't have to store it over the winter. I am currently shopping for a suitable tow vehicle (and daily driver for my wife). I would be interested in checking out out sometime in the next few months that is convenient for you. We are also considering new, but the waitlist is long and I am not sure how the old vs new 19s compare.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
I am interested in your 19 and a sale next spring would be ideal so I don't have to store it over the winter. I am currently shopping for a suitable tow vehicle (and daily driver for my wife). I would be interested in checking out out sometime in the next few months that is convenient for you. We are also considering new, but the waitlist is long and I am not sure how the old vs new 19s compare.
May I suggest a V8 for that 19'. I tow a 17b with my Tacoma and find it it to be a great combination for close camping excursions, but on the longer trips, I'm working the V6 harder than I think I should. I do plan on a bigger truck.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 PM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
May I suggest a V8 for that 19'. I tow a 17b with my Tacoma and find it it to be a great combination for close camping excursions, but on the longer trips, I'm working the V6 harder than I think I should. I do plan on a bigger truck.
Not so much the number of cylinders in the engine, but the power to weight ratio. My 2.7L V6 with twin turbos will tow anything Escape makes with ease, and thousands of lbs of towing capacity to spare.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk