Looking for a 13' Escape (or similar FGRV) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #1

Trailer: TBD
Looking for a 13' Escape (or similar FGRV)

The subject line pretty much says it. I have a great time camping with my wife and daughter and we'd do more of it with a small trailer than we do now with a tent. We're a one-vehicle family (Subaru Outback) and we are looking at the camper more as a "better tent" than a "smaller house", so a small trailer is what we want.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
What's the towing capacity . . .

. . . of your Outback?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #3

Specs for Outback are 2,700 lb towing, but 200 lb tongue wt. I'd rather be well on the south side of those numbers.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #4

Your Outback could handle an Escape 15

Just happen to have an Escape 15 for sale here in Bellingham. Used to tow it with a 2010 Subaru Forester (rated 2400 lbs - tongue weight 200 lbs).

If you're interested see the details at http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...-15b-2588.html
Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #5

Looks like a really nice trailer but I absolutely need to sleep three and would like to have at least a light-duty bunk for a 4th in case my daughter wants to bring a friend. That would require a 15A rather than a 15B, right?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Hi Mark,
Have you found www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com yet?
No small Escapes listed there, but there are several Bolers & Trilliums with bunk beds close to you.
Starting out with a nice older trailer would give you a chance to see exactly what you want when you order a new Escape down the line.
Welcome to the club.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark VK View Post
Looks like a really nice trailer but I absolutely need to sleep three and would like to have at least a light-duty bunk for a 4th in case my daughter wants to bring a friend. That would require a 15A rather than a 15B, right?
You're right, the Escape 15B has sleeping capacity for only two.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Hi Mark,
Have you found Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale yet?
No small Escapes listed there, but there are several Bolers & Trilliums with bunk beds close to you.
Starting out with a nice older trailer would give you a chance to see exactly what you want when you order a new Escape down the line.
Welcome to the club.
I have been looking there and on other sites. I'm waiting for my new passport, so that temporarily limits my range. I'm a little concerned about buying an older trailer and getting into major frame/floor/window problems that I'm not yet educated enough to recognize. Still, the relatively low cost of entry makes an older trailer a likely option for me.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 13' Escape Trailer
Hello. I am brand new member. We have a 13 foot escape. We were the 2nd off the production line back in 2008 when Escape Trailer Industries in Chilliwack, B.C. added the 13 foot model. It was custom ordered with rear fixed bed (sleeps 2) ... front dinette (sleep 1)... 3-way fridge ... light in each corner ... no stove/sink as we cook and clean outside ... no furnace ... receiver hitch on rear to add a bike carrier ... tinted windows ... 2 power receptacles inside if connected to power source ... regular (non power) roof vent ... no awning (we set up tarps) ... comes with deep cycle battery and 20 lb propane cylinder ... we had armourthane protective coating put on the front right up to the bottom of the window (truck box liner product) to protect against rocks/road debris. Unfortunately the trailer is near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Get in touch if interested.
Thanks, Dan.