Looking for a 15b - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2016, 01:11 AM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15b
Looking for a 15b

I live in Washington but am willing to travel to become an Escape owner. As an aside, does anyone have a composting toilet in their rig?

earthcg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:17 AM   #2

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Out of curiosity, how often, and where, do you dump a composting toilet?

Old 08-05-2016, 03:03 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15b
Generally, using the Nature's Head which is the one I am leaning toward, a single person can go from 3-4 or 5 weeks before needing to dump. The trick is that urine is diverted so that there is no smell because the other business has been turned in a drum with coconut coir. You dump the liquids much more often, of course. When time to dump you put it into a biodegradable bag and toss into a dumpster. Here is a great video. https://youtu.be/dYR6GPmDzVM I emailed Escape in BC and, while they don't install them, they will leave a solid platform with no plumbing which, because of the lack of a black tank, gives you more storage area.
earthcg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #4

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Thanks
Old 08-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthminch View Post
Generally, using the Nature's Head which is the one I am leaning toward, a single person can go from 3-4 or 5 weeks before needing to dump. The trick is that urine is diverted so that there is no smell because the other business has been turned in a drum with coconut coir. You dump the liquids much more often, of course. When time to dump you put it into a biodegradable bag and toss into a dumpster. Here is a great video. https://youtu.be/dYR6GPmDzVM
looks like more work (than a hose into a sewer drain) to me.

How much storage is gained?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthminch View Post
Generally, using the Nature's Head which is the one I am leaning toward, a single person can go from 3-4 or 5 weeks before needing to dump. The trick is that urine is diverted so that there is no smell because the other business has been turned in a drum with coconut coir. You dump the liquids much more often, of course. When time to dump you put it into a biodegradable bag and toss into a dumpster. Here is a great video. https://youtu.be/dYR6GPmDzVM I emailed Escape in BC and, while they don't install them, they will leave a solid platform with no plumbing which, because of the lack of a black tank, gives you more storage area.
The idea of dumping human waste into a dumpster (composted or not) does not sit well with me
Old 08-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Legal or not, I do not like the thought of it either. I have yet to see a sign on a dumpster inviting any kind of human waste as acceptable. I would expect that if this practice becomes more popular, rules will follow rules = costs which of course are passed onto you.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
It's been discussed several times before on this forum, as well as the possible issue of disposal.

I'm still of the opinion that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. The black tank system is tried and true and works fine for us.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
"KISS" principle. Composting is way too complicated;not to mention time comsuming IMHO.]
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Really, group.. come on.... the OP is looking at a 15' trailer which means 12 feet of cabin space, including the bathroom space.

What I'm concerned about is something that's an opinion other than a known fact: ".....gives you more storage area."

Ahhh NO. The smaller trailer had a marine toilet. The black water tank was directly UNDER the toilet. Exactly like my Scamp.

If you think you'd gain "storage" space, you need to look beyond the 15' trailer to a bigger ETI build. My 5er and the 21' have most of the black water tank storage, NOT directly under the toilet. I'm not certain about the 19' build.

While I think the "head" you want may work for you, there's other considerations to be made concerning the 15' trailer.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote