Looking for Escape 19 with reversed plan - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2017, 10:01 AM   #1

Trailer: shopper
Looking for Escape 19 with reversed plan

My favorite local camping sites have a rear view of the river, so I'm determined to have a rear dinette/front bed. If I were a patient women I'd order a new 19 with a reverse plan, but maybe someone out there (well, not too far - west of the Rockies) has one to sell or is planning to sell when their new Escape is delivered. I'm located in Central Oregon.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Well, if you really, really have your heart set on a reverse plan 19 you don't have to limit your looking to a 1st gen. 19.

The rear bed structure is just held together with screws. In about 15 minutes the whole structure can be removed. Some wires and a couple of pex hoses would have to be relocated but turning the bed area into a dinette is well within the skill set of a moderate DIY'er. There's a heck of a lot more choice available in standard layouts and the cost to convert isn't all that much depending on who does the work.

Just a thought.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0027_resize.JPG   IMGP0028_resize.JPG  
Old 03-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #3

Thank you so much - the photos are inspiring. I am in awe of the modifications posted on this website, but my own DIY skills are non-existent, and I apparently did not get the "completion gene" -- hence the fabric sitting around in my extra bedroom, as if proximity to the sewing machine were sufficient. Maybe I should focus on a 17B....
Old 03-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
One of the reasons I do like my 17B is we can have a table at whatever end of the trailer the best view is at..
In Washington State near Forks we had the view out of the front of the ocean in the two spots we were at---the rear was just other trailers and/or bush...
Easy enough to change for each location..

For years we had the rear bed permanently set up until a horrid raining weekend in Manning Park where e the river was behind us and we were looking out the front at the puddle sin the road...
I got up threw the foam topper in the car--we stuffed blankets underneath the seats and thought "why didn't we do this sooner??"

We now have the travasak and easy to throw on the bed---table gets put up every morning and the front one stays as a couch (unless needed for a view) so we always have a spot to lay down on for a nap in the day...

Mainly sleep separately one on each end (have a travasak thing made for front bed too--so remaking bed takes literally a minute) No more crawling over for the person getting up early (NOT ME!!!) LOL

Made me appreciate our smaller trailer and yeah I'd still like a bigger one (19 reverse layout) but it wouldn't fit in our yard and we already own this one..
Old 03-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer (June 2018)
Sounds like you have had the opportunity to explore a 19 footer but ours is available to visit in Bend any time.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:20 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurekagirl View Post
Thank you so much - the photos are inspiring. I am in awe of the modifications posted on this website, but my own DIY skills are non-existent, and I apparently did not get the "completion gene" -- hence the fabric sitting around in my extra bedroom, as if proximity to the sewing machine were sufficient. Maybe I should focus on a 17B....
Don't let that stop you. Find a local person that can do the work for you. It shouldn't be that costly, and it will give you what you want.

Finding a 19 footer is hard enough without needing a rare floorplan. A standard one just sold in Spokane.

Just realize making this switch means you will have a larger dinette and a smaller bed.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #7

Can't edit my reply above, you could also convert a 19 to a front and rear dinette. This allows you to maintain the queen size bed (in the rear).But this means making up the bed every night, a PITA.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Or you could just eat in bed

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rd_i=681147011
Old 03-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
Don't let that stop you. Find a local person that can do the work for you. It shouldn't be that costly, and it will give you what you want.
I agree. Considering that to remove the bed platform to the stage shown in my photos is less than 15 minutes work with a cordless drill. Heck, the flooring for the new dinette is already there.

Ron
Old 03-12-2017, 11:53 PM   #10

OK, you guys have convinced me. I'm next in line for that 19' in Spokane, but if that doesn't work I'll keep my eyes open for either a regular 19 or a 17B
Old 03-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #11

Just realize on a 19, the two dinettes/beds would be 44 inch and 60 inch deep, while on the 17, the two dinettes would be 30 inch and 52 inch. Depending on how many people you need to accommodate, it gets really snug.

Bathroom on the 17 is 37x25, bathroom on the 19 is 40x27. Egg bathrooms are tight.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
Bathroom on the 17 is 37x25, bathroom on the 19 is 40x27. Egg bathrooms are tight.
The 21' has the largest bathroom. It's actually spacious compared to the others: 48"l x 31"w x 72"h
Old 03-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #13

It's just me so I think I'd get lost in a 21...and I'd have to tow with my F350 long bed, which would make the rig too long for most of the riverside camping sites I love. And no, can't turn it in on one of those fancy, fuel efficient new short bed trucks you all use -- I need to be able to haul a ton of hay.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurekagirl View Post
It's just me so I think I'd get lost in a 21...and I'd have to tow with my F350 long bed, which would make the rig too long for most of the riverside camping sites I love. And no, can't turn it in on one of those fancy, fuel efficient new short bed trucks you all use -- I need to be able to haul a ton of hay.
We have the 19 and nice bath and the layout could be changed . Have been in forest campgrounds and like the bed window in rear and the view when we wake up . If weather permits will sit outside anyway to eat instead of dinette .Pat
Old 03-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We have the 19 and nice bath and the layout could be changed . Have been in forest campgrounds and like the bed window in rear and the view when we wake up . If weather permits will sit outside anyway to eat instead of dinette .Pat
We enjoy very similar to you Pat. We like the view at the bedroom end cause the only time we're usually in the trailer is bed time. Eat and cook outside and living room is under the awning. We only use the dinette when weather is inclement and then you don't have a view out of any window.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We enjoy very similar to you Pat. We like the view at the bedroom end cause the only time we're usually in the trailer is bed time. Eat and cook outside and living room is under the awning. We only use the dinette when weather is inclement and then you don't have a view out of any window.
All the same here Greg , actually how we camp Pat
Old 03-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
This is all so interesting. We are early risers, so we appreciate sitting in the 17's rear dinette in the early A.M. (we have a 17A, with the permanent queen bed in the front). We'll make coffee, and watch the sunrise, and if it's too cold for us outside, we'll have breakfast there as well.