Wanted Escape 13 in BC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #1

Trailer: none
Wanted Escape 13 in BC

Hello,
I live near Vancouver BC and would like to buy a 13foot Escape trailer. If you have one for sale or know of one I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks very much
Old 03-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Good luck, and I mean that sincerely... there were not many 13-foot Escapes made, and Escape owners tend to hang on to their trailers. But you never know unless you ask!

There is a web site which collects for-sale ads for all brands of moulded fiberglass trailers, and sorts the listing by brand: Fiberglass RV's For Sale. Their listing for Escape trailers in Canada current shows only a single Escape, and it's a fifth-wheel, but it's worth watching that site.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
As Brian said, Good Luck and that's what you'd need to find an Escape 13. I'd broaden the field a bit to include any 13' f.g. trailer. Even finding a good one of those requires luck also. Lots of junk around for not cheap prices. Several years ago we had to buy a Scamp 13 in Portland to find a decent one. Consider looking South also, it's no biggie to bring a trailer into Canada.

Ron
Old 03-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #4

Trailer: none
Thanks for the pointers...I have been looking around BC for the last few months for a 13ft fg trailer and have been finding that they usually sell within 24 hours. I'm beginning to think that they are sometimes being purchased even before the purchaser sees the trailer and maybe for more than the asking price. Am planning to drop notes in the mailboxes of 13' fg trailer owners in my community to see if anyone interested in selling. Glad to hear that it's not too difficult to bring trailers across the border. Any tips in that department? Thanks again
Old 03-29-2015, 11:28 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Obviously you want an Escape if possible, but if not possible then the closest thing would be one of the other Trillium-style trailers:
  • original Trillium 1300
  • Outback from Team Trillium Trailers of Calgary
  • Trillium 1300 from TrilliumRV (of various places as this operation has repeatedly failed)
  • Sidekick 1300 (actually the TrilliumRV operation, sold to GreatWest)
The shape is the same, although design and construction details are not up to Escape standards.

The original Trilliums are all three decades or more old (so condition is variable). Quality of any of the TrillumRV products is questionable, since it was never a stable operation and production moved around.

I'm not surprised by the supply-and-demand problem - small moulded fiberglass trailers are trendy in B.C., especially for hot rod and custom owners.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:57 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
Glad to hear that it's not too difficult to bring trailers across the border. Any tips in that department? Thanks again
No tips required. Unlike cars where some prior paperwork and waiting is required it's drive up to the border, declare the trailer, fill out the paperwork and go home with the trailer. Part of the fee covers the inspection at Canadian Tire for the compliance sticker and basic inspection.

We drove to Portland, bought the Scamp, drove back to the border then home in one day.

Ron