Wanted: Escape 15 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted

Old 10-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #21

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
why no 15 anymore? It seems that in this age many people are looking at doing more with less and the 15 really makes sense, heck even the 13! The popularity of Teardrops, A Frames, and SOB eggs seems to be growing. BTW- I saw Bob and Gaye's and Paul's from Pender Is. at the NOG. What a cool trailer size! Compared with the Casitas, Scamps and such, there's no comparison on build, size and practicality with the E-15. why discontinued?

steve (happy with my 19!)

flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #22

Trailer: Looking for the hard to find Escape 15
I totally agree. For us, the 15 is the prefect blend of form and function. I want a "quality made" small trailer hence my search for an Escape 15.

My wife and I toured the Scamp factory last year and the 13' model is still their best seller.

Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
I suspect they dropped the 15 because people were ordering the 17, 19, 21, 5.0.
Kinda like a dinner party. Are you going to invite the lactose intolerant, vegan who avoids gluten, and only drinks a herbal tea? Or, are you going to concentrate your efforts on those who enjoy food with flavour?

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I suspect they dropped the 15 because people were ordering the 17, 19, 21, 5.0.
There were a number of reasons, I'm sure. Part of it was that they sold far more of the larger models, and keeping a production line running for a model with fewer orders wasn't as efficient from a business perspective. Reace told me one thing that may have influenced the closing out of that model as well -- it's alot harder to build.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:31 PM   #25

Based on how fast 15s are sold and the number of people that want them, the demand has not been met.

I have also heard the "harder to build" comment, but it really doesn't make sense to me at least for the 15a - maybe the 15b. Just my opinion.

I still think they should bring back the 15.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:48 PM   #26

Trailer: Trailswest Campster, Escape 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
Thanks Mary F.

I have discussed the trailer with the seller. It's a beautiful trailer, but we really want water and the awning. We planned on adding them, but after factoring in those costs, it seems prudent to wait for a trailer with them already installed.

Thanks again.
Thanks to you... I got it, and I don't care about water and can wait on an awning. I hope you find yours, though. It's probably out there.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
Based on how fast 15s are sold and the number of people that want them, the demand has not been met.

I have also heard the "harder to build" comment, but it really doesn't make sense to me at least for the 15a - maybe the 15b. Just my opinion.

I still think they should bring back the 15.
The 17a is pretty close but I also like the smaller size. I'd probably have liked a 13, too. But when you compare- a 17a and a 15a are almost the same, except for a little bit more room, and probably it cost almost as much to build the 15, which was priced lower.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:21 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
...., and probably it cost almost as much to build the 15, which was priced lower.
That's exactly the problem: it is actually more difficult to build the 15 because you have the same features as a 17, but a smaller space, so tolerances are smaller, space to do the install itself is less, time to build can actually be more, while material cost is virtually the same. As a businessman, it certainly makes sense to concentrate on the 17 and larger.

When we selected our 17A, the 15 was still a choice, but we went with the additional space, and we're glad we did (but there's two of us). With our tow vehicle and the 17 attached, we can still fit in parking lots in two spaces. I even parallel parked the whole rig in Bellingham at the Trader Joe's, amazingly enough (older part of town, laid out when cars were a tad smaller!)
Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 PM   #29

I have looked at several 17s, but I keep coming back to the 15. For me personally, it's the prefect trailer. Having said that, I think all of you 15 owners need to upgrade to a shiny new 2017 model and sell me your 15.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
I even parallel parked the whole rig in Bellingham at the Trader Joe's, amazingly enough (older part of town, laid out when cars were a tad smaller!)
And before the Canadians took over the parking lot!

That's truly impressive... when I stopped by there with my Campster I ended up parking way down the block.