Wanted: Escape 15 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 08:46 PM   #21

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
why no 15 anymore? It seems that in this age many people are looking at doing more with less and the 15 really makes sense, heck even the 13! The popularity of Teardrops, A Frames, and SOB eggs seems to be growing. BTW- I saw Bob and Gaye's and Paul's from Pender Is. at the NOG. What a cool trailer size! Compared with the Casitas, Scamps and such, there's no comparison on build, size and practicality with the E-15. why discontinued?

steve (happy with my 19!)
Old 10-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
I totally agree. For us, the 15 is the prefect blend of form and function. I want a "quality made" small trailer hence my search for an Escape 15.

My wife and I toured the Scamp factory last year and the 13' model is still their best seller.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I suspect they dropped the 15 because people were ordering the 17, 19, 21, 5.0.
Kinda like a dinner party. Are you going to invite the lactose intolerant, vegan who avoids gluten, and only drinks a herbal tea? Or, are you going to concentrate your efforts on those who enjoy food with flavour?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I suspect they dropped the 15 because people were ordering the 17, 19, 21, 5.0.
There were a number of reasons, I'm sure. Part of it was that they sold far more of the larger models, and keeping a production line running for a model with fewer orders wasn't as efficient from a business perspective. Reace told me one thing that may have influenced the closing out of that model as well -- it's alot harder to build.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #25

Based on how fast 15s are sold and the number of people that want them, the demand has not been met.

I have also heard the "harder to build" comment, but it really doesn't make sense to me at least for the 15a - maybe the 15b. Just my opinion.

I still think they should bring back the 15.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #26

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
Thanks Mary F.

I have discussed the trailer with the seller. It's a beautiful trailer, but we really want water and the awning. We planned on adding them, but after factoring in those costs, it seems prudent to wait for a trailer with them already installed.

Thanks again.
Thanks to you... I got it, and I don't care about water and can wait on an awning. I hope you find yours, though. It's probably out there.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Based on how fast 15s are sold and the number of people that want them, the demand has not been met.

I have also heard the "harder to build" comment, but it really doesn't make sense to me at least for the 15a - maybe the 15b. Just my opinion.

I still think they should bring back the 15.
The 17a is pretty close but I also like the smaller size. I'd probably have liked a 13, too. But when you compare- a 17a and a 15a are almost the same, except for a little bit more room, and probably it cost almost as much to build the 15, which was priced lower.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:21 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
...., and probably it cost almost as much to build the 15, which was priced lower.
That's exactly the problem: it is actually more difficult to build the 15 because you have the same features as a 17, but a smaller space, so tolerances are smaller, space to do the install itself is less, time to build can actually be more, while material cost is virtually the same. As a businessman, it certainly makes sense to concentrate on the 17 and larger.

When we selected our 17A, the 15 was still a choice, but we went with the additional space, and we're glad we did (but there's two of us). With our tow vehicle and the 17 attached, we can still fit in parking lots in two spaces. I even parallel parked the whole rig in Bellingham at the Trader Joe's, amazingly enough (older part of town, laid out when cars were a tad smaller!)
Old 10-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #29

I have looked at several 17s, but I keep coming back to the 15. For me personally, it's the prefect trailer. Having said that, I think all of you 15 owners need to upgrade to a shiny new 2017 model and sell me your 15.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
I even parallel parked the whole rig in Bellingham at the Trader Joe's, amazingly enough (older part of town, laid out when cars were a tad smaller!)
And before the Canadians took over the parking lot!

That's truly impressive... when I stopped by there with my Campster I ended up parking way down the block.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:16 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
For me personally, it's the prefect trailer. Having said that, I think all of you 15 owners need to upgrade to a shiny new 2017 model and sell me your 15.
Not gonna happen!

And it is the perfect trailer.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 PM   #32

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Kinda like a dinner party. Are you going to invite the lactose intolerant, vegan who avoids gluten, and only drinks a herbal tea? Or, are you going to concentrate your efforts on those who enjoy food with flavour?
Oh trust me, those of us that can't have gluten (or have any other food restrictions) are well aware of this. Thanks for pointing this out, once again.

However, it's way better than getting sick all the time. Would you knowingly eat food that makes you sick? I think not.

And, there's plenty of food out there without gluten (and other items that folks have an intolerance or allergies to) that taste very good.

If you know someone is deadly allergic to peanuts (or seafood or something else) do you adjust your menu accordingly? Or do you not invite them because you're unable to have any sympathy for their situation?

Even though you had the "laugh" emoticon in your post, you're basically saying that the only people worth your while to eat with are those that will eat whatever you offer to them. So, you rate people on what they'll eat and not for anything else. How tolerant you are - not!

If you have any of the symptoms listed in the following article, you might want to give up gluten as well. It does make a difference in how one lives one's life. Being gluten intolerant is not a joke. Trust me, I would love to be able to eat gluten. I would love to not check out a menu with minute detail and have detailed discussions with the wait staff/cook/manager/whomever at the few restaurants I go to (and knowing I still run a huge risk of getting sick). I would love to, but I can't.

New study links protein in wheat to the inflammation of chronic health conditions

Would you dump all over someone that can't have peanuts? How is gluten any different? Or anything else that a person can't have as they'll either die from it or get sick?

Those of us with food restrictions are well used to offering to bring our own food to someone's house when we're invited over for dinner. We'd rather do that than think someone doesn't want us there due to not being able to eat their food (although we're already well aware of that situation).
Old 10-17-2016, 11:43 PM   #33

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Not gonna happen!

And it is the perfect trailer.
By the looks of it, your precious 15 only goes up in value.
Nice way of making money by just going camping .
I would hang on to it too!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:01 AM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Oh trust me
It's an analogy, not a debate.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:49 AM   #35

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
It's an analogy, not a debate.
It's a poor analogy, Glenn. And I pretty much agree with Laura. Lactose and gluten are evil proteins.

Back to the 15 debate!
Old 10-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post

Back to the 15 debate!
Yes....let's get back to the task of finding a gently used 15a for Pat.

Karen: bigger is better - that's the American way.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:12 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Yes....let's get back to the task of finding a gently used 15a for Pat.

Karen: bigger is better - that's the American way.
Pat, you know that new V6 in the Tacoma sounds really nice....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #38

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Oh trust me, those of us that can't have gluten (or have any other food restrictions) are well aware of this. Thanks for pointing this out, once again.

Google "desiccant wheat roundup" you will find articles pro and con for the use of roundup just before the harvest of wheat. You may not be gluten intolerant. We now use organic wheat without getting sick.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Pat, you know that new V6 in the Tacoma sounds really nice....
From reading the various Tacoma forums, the new 2016 & 2017 Tacomas are plagued with problems, Including the new 6 speed transmission. There are also reports of quality control issues. My neighbor brought home a new Tacoma a few weeks ago and the truck bed was put on kittywhomper. No thanks.... I will stick with my tried & true 2015.

Anyway I just purchased an ARE topper and new wheels for it. Nancy is complaining I buy more presents for the truck than for her. No way to respond to that!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
... Nancy is complaining I buy more presents for the truck than for her. No way to respond to that!
Well a nice spacious 17B would make a great present for her!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw