Wanted - Escape 19, in Florida - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #1

Trailer: In the market
Wanted - Escape 19, in Florida

Yes, way down south. Looking for a 19' Escape in the southeast. Will travel outside of the southeast for the right TT

Thanks,

Mike

subagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by subagon View Post
Yes, way down south. Looking for a 19' Escape in the southeast. Will travel outside of the southeast for the right TT

Thanks,

Mike
The "right TT" in my mind is the one you order with the options YOU want. Bite the bullet, order one, and make the marathon drive (in my case, 4 days and 3,200+ miles from the Tampa Bay Area to Bellingham). Then take delivery and enjoy a leisurely voyage/vacation camping on the return trip.

"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
A fairly new used one will probably cost almost, (if not more), than a new one. Right now the US - Canadian exchange rate is very favorable.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Right now the US - Canadian exchange rate is very favorable.
Case in point:

During the Bluebonnet Rally we had literally dozens of people tour our Escape 19 - mostly Casita owners or prospective owners. One mentioned that the Casita 17 SD was "so much cheaper" than my 19. So, I broke down the math: The 2015 Casita price sheet being distributed by the Casita rep showed a price of about 20K. The Escape 19 base price was about 25K. With the conversion rate factored in, that came to about 20.5K. You should have seen the look on that man's face when he realized that for about $500 or $600 more, he could have an Escape 19 instead of a Casita 17.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Case in point:

During the Bluebonnet Rally we had literally dozens of people tour our Escape 19 - mostly Casita owners or prospective owners. One mentioned that the Casita 17 SD was "so much cheaper" than my 19. So, I broke down the math: The 2015 Casita price sheet being distributed by the Casita rep showed a price of about 20K. The Escape 19 base price was about 25K. With the conversion rate factored in, that came to about 20.5K. You should have seen the look on that man's face when he realized that for about $500 or $600 more, he could have an Escape 19 instead of a Casita 17.
For a fair comparison, you also need to factor in the costs of any features that may be included in one but not the other.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
For a fair comparison, you also need to factor in the costs of any features that may be included in one but not the other.
Fair enough. Here's a first pass:

Standard Features on a Casita that don’t have an Escape 19 Equivalent:
Tongue Jack Wheel
Lug Wrench

Options on a Casita that have an Escape 19 equivalent, and are included standard on the Escape:
15” Tires and Wheels –D Range
High Lift Axle
25 Gallon Fresh Water Tank (Escape is 20)
Vinyl Flooring
Sink Cover
Fan for Refrigerator
Furnace 16000 BTU (Escape’s is 11000 BTU)
Awning (Escape's is larger and stronger)

Standard features on an Escape 19 that don’t have a Casita equivalent:
Bike Rack Ready
120 Volt Interior Outlets (5)
12 Volt/USB Interior Outlet
Counter Extension off sink
Power Range Hood with light
TWO exterior porch lights
LED Brake Lights
Front Rock Guards
8” Queen size custom coil mattress
Tandem Axle Torflex Suspension
Oak door package
Custom Wood Interior finish
Valances

Of course, in some cases it's comparing apples to oranges because of the design and layout differences, but generally speaking you're getting a ton of standard features with the Escape that are either options or not available on the Casita.

I'd say my comparison was fair - and then some.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
We were to both the Casita factory and the ETI factory. The only problem we ran into with choosing ETI was that the trailer grew by about four feet. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #8

My hope (dream?) is to find one locally in the next month or two. Failing that, the wife and I will decide what step(s) to take next. I'm sure we need to see an Escape before we put any money down and I'd hope it would be the 19. The floor plan of the 19 really fits our needs. I'm tall and that queen size bed sure looks nice. I would think about the 21' but don't like the smaller bed.

Mike
Tampa, FL
subagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by subagon View Post
My hope (dream?) is to find one locally in the next month or two. Failing that, the wife and I will decide what step(s) to take next. I'm sure we need to see an Escape before we put any money down and I'd hope it would be the 19. The floor plan of the 19 really fits our needs. I'm tall and that queen size bed sure looks nice. I would think about the 21' but don't like the smaller bed.

Mike
Tampa, FL
Well, the 21 bed is a bit narrower, but not shorter. The 21 is roomier too, especially the kitchen counter. We love our 19 and don't care for the bed's location in the 21, but look at both if you can before you decide. The 21 is very popular, and for good reason.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #10

Well we found a listing for a used class C Born Free last night with the floor plan we like. The wife and I had a long talk about it. Either we go with a class C now or wait until next year for an Escape. The asking price for the Born Free is around the same as a new Escape 19 with options. Having been looking for a while, I've become familiar with the asking prices of these RVs. One thing I've noticed is that the depreciation on a class C is much greater than any fiberglass TT I've seen. However, the Born Free does hold it's value better than most class C's. From listings I've been saving, I see that there will be a big drop in value on the Born Free I saw within 3 or 4 years from now and then it will more or less bottom out. So that's going to be a drop from the current asking price of $32K to around $20K from the data I have seen. From $20K the value keeps dropping, but at a much lower rate.

To end this long story, we've decided to go with the Escape The plan now is to try and see one and decide between the 19 and 21. This will be our first RV, so we're not 100% sure we're going to "love" it. In case we find out we've made the wrong decision, we won't have any trouble selling an Escape and it should hold it's value well.

I think we're going to be fine with our decision. We've been tent camper for over 35 years and we'd like a little more comfort now