Wanted: Escape 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2017, 04:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Wanted: Escape 21

Looking for an escape 21 within a days drive from Seattle. We missed out on a couple for sale earlier this year and are ready to buy. I am open to picking up later in the year if someone wants to use it for a bit longer as well. If we don't find one soon we will be placing an order for a new one to make sure it's done by next spring.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
Looking for an escape 21 within a days drive from Seattle. We missed out on a couple for sale earlier this year and are ready to buy. I am open to picking up later in the year if someone wants to use it for a bit longer as well. If we don't find one soon we will be placing an order for a new one to make sure it's done by next spring.
Yes, they are already filling up March slots for the 21 model. Good luck
Old 09-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21 - Nov 2017 "Harvey"
Wanted: Escape 21

I was in your same position about 6 months ago. My suggestion would be that if you really want to get a 21, you have to be willing to travel all of the US. The chances of a 21 coming for sale within 500 miles are "very small", considering that the chances of a 21 coming up for sale anywhere in the US or Canada is "small". And if one does come up for sale by chance, it will be spoken for within 10 hours. To have any chance, you have to be ready to act immediately, watch all the forums daily and be ready to travel any distance to get it. 21's for sale are that rare. I watched for months, now have placed my order.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Think the 21 model is only 4 years old. Not many out there compared to other brands.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 09-08-2017, 10:23 PM   #5

I am aware these are hard to come by but I figured I would post as the summer winds down to see if there is one out there for a better deal than ordering new.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21 - Nov 2017 "Harvey"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
I am aware these are hard to come by but I figured I would post as the summer winds down to see if there is one out there for a better deal than ordering new.
I was specifically responding to your desire for one "within a days drive of Seattle". My point is that you will have to be willing to go _anywhere_ to get one.

And now you are saying you wish it to be a "better deal".

If you really want an Escape 21 that is not new from the factory, you will have to:
1. monitor all forums (not just this forum) daily
2. act the moment you see one posted
3. send payment / deposit that same day
4. commit to paying full asking price before seeing it in person (photos only)
5. travel anywhere in US or Canada to pick it up

It seems to me that successful buyers of used Escape trailers are often "insiders" in that they already know the seller, have been to rallys, etc. So this reduces the chances even further.

Even with the above, you have a small chance to successfully get one, because there are other people out there doing all of the above. Escape 21's are not "hard to come by", they are flat out "rare". And seasons do not affect this rarity at all.

So, a "better deal" that is "within a days drive of Seattle" is limiting yourself.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
I would guess that with the loonie getting stronger, the price of used 21's are going to up as well.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #8

Trailer: Just ordered
We have a 2017 escape 21 for sale if you are still interested. If so, send me your phone number and/or email.
Cheers, John
Old 12-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #9

Trailer: None yet!
Hello- Are you still looking for one? I have a line on a 2016 with $8,000 of options located about 4 hours from where they are built in Canada. It's an older couple that are selling it because they can no longer camp. it appears to have everything but the 12v heat pads. I was going to purchase it but my main goal was to get a 17' as its just me.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #10

We have a new one on order, but may be interested if the options line up and the price is right.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #11

Trailer: None yet!
They want $33,000 CAD for it. You can text me at+12504621250 and I can send you the build sheet if your interested.