WANTED: Escape 21 or 19 with flipped floor plan - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #1

Trailer: Will get an Escape 19 some day
WANTED: Escape 21 or 19 with flipped floor plan

Looking for an Escape 19 with the flipped floor plan (dinette in back), or an Escape 21, with a factory installed air conditioner. If it's a 19 with a flipped floor plan, 2 dinettes instead of a permanent bed is fine and dandy.

*crossing fingers and hoping*
Old 06-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y is Me View Post
Looking for an Escape 19 with the flipped floor plan (dinette in back), or an Escape 21, with a factory installed air conditioner. If it's a 19 with a flipped floor plan, 2 dinettes instead of a permanent bed is fine and dandy.

*crossing fingers and hoping*
Best of luck in your search. I've studied the sold archives back to 2011 to gauge pricing and have never seen a flipped 19 come up for sale. I wonder how many Escape has even made?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
If you really, really wanted a flipped 19 layout it would be very easy for a person with minimum skills to do it themselves. The frame work is just held together with screws. Shown is a photo of the bed area when I was iinstalling my IKEA slatted bed base. As Rubicon says, flipped 19's seem to be fairly rare. You open up a much larger pool of available trailers by not limiting yourself to a ready made one.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0027_resize.JPG   IMGP0028_resize.JPG   IMGP0034_resize.JPG  
Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Yep, it'd be much easier to find a regular 19 and then just modify it yourself.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
much easier to just get a 21 almost all have a/c
Old 06-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #6

It looks like I may wind up with a standard 19 and will have to pay someone to do the conversion. I'm afraid I'm decrepit before my time and can no longer do all of the nifty tinkering I used to enjoy.

Also, I've been looking at used Bigfoot trailers and their 17.5 in the gaucho configuration would also fit the bill. I guess it's all going to depend on what crops up that's in good condition and not above my price range.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #7
Dee

Trailer: 2019 21'
I'm in the middle of planning my build. Can I ask why you are looking for the flipped plan? Interested.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y is Me View Post
It looks like I may wind up with a standard 19 and will have to pay someone to do the conversion. I'm afraid I'm decrepit before my time and can no longer do all of the nifty tinkering I used to enjoy.
I think that's there's a middle ground. The largest work item is getting the mattress out. After that, the plywood base comes out in manageable pieces.

After that the wood pieces are small and lightweight.

Rather than hire an RV person to do the whole conversion it might be much more economical to hire some "labor" for the items that you can't deal with.

The big plus is that the flooring already installed in that area.

Ron
Old 06-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I'm in the middle of planning my build. Can I ask why you are looking for the flipped plan? Interested.
Not the original poster but for me it would be because I want the full dinette in the back for the view out. The smaller bed up front wouldn't bother me as a solo.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
The smaller bed up front wouldn't bother me as a solo.
Same here. As a couple though, no way we'd give up the queen bed.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
The queen size bed is a waste of space for me and I'd rather have the open seating of the rear dinette.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I think that's there's a middle ground. The largest work item is getting the mattress out. After that, the plywood base comes out in manageable pieces.

After that the wood pieces are small and lightweight.

Rather than hire an RV person to do the whole conversion it might be much more economical to hire some "labor" for the items that you can't deal with.

The big plus is that the flooring already installed in that area.

Ron
Thanks for the info. I would absolutely be using a local handyperson to do any work that didn't require drilling into the fiberglass or relocating plumbing/electrical. Thankfully, it looks like it's more a matter of removal of unwanted wood and cobbling together benches using some plywood and what is already there framework wise.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I think we have what you are looking for,an Escape 19 with rear U shaped dinette (we don't use it as a dinette just a lounge ) the front dinette down is about the size of a full bed, if you are in the market still, we are in Anacortes for 2 weeks starting July 16th. Wasn't planning on selling until we got back to Utah, but seeing you are close you are welcome to look (it will be in camping mode)
The trailer is fully loaded,just about every option on the list including custom flooring and fabric. Lightly used. Always stored under cover. PM me if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape rear.jpg  
Old 07-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcdonaher View Post
I think we have what you are looking for,an Escape 19 with rear U shaped dinette (we don't use it as a dinette just a lounge ) the front dinette down is about the size of a full bed, if you are in the market still, we are in Anacortes for 2 weeks starting July 16th. Wasn't planning on selling until we got back to Utah, but seeing you are close you are welcome to look (it will be in camping mode)
The trailer is fully loaded,just about every option on the list including custom flooring and fabric. Lightly used. Always stored under cover. PM me if you are interested.
PMing now!

Okay, the site is not letting the pm go through. Can you please temporarily turn on private messaging so I can contact you off the main forum?
Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I'm sorry, I think there is a problem with my account because I changed emails, I may have fixed it.
You can try again or post your email here. I've sent an email to the admin.
Try a PM first it might work now
Barry
Old 07-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #16

I Need To Delete This Thread

I need to have one of the mods close this thread. I woke at 4 this morning to the sound of water running through the pipes and it wasn't the flapper valve in the toilet as I suspected, it was my water heater flooding the house. Needless to say, I won't be buying an Escape of any variety any time soon, since what I set aside for that purpose is going to be going to the plumber, if they ever call me back, and paying for any resulting damage otherwise.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #17

And that was exactly what I was looking for.