Wanted to Rent 15' or 17' Escape Trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
Wanted to Rent 15' or 17' Escape Trailer

We are planning a month long trip to Alaska this summer and are looking for a comfortable trailer to tow behind our Toyota SUV which has 5,000 lb tow capacity. No pets, non smoking couple in our 60s. We just bought our first new vehicle in many years so definitely don't plan on any rough road driving. If anyone can bear to part with their beloved Escape Trailer for the month of July, we would love to hear from you. Please message us or call/text cell #778-232-4598.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Potential lessor may want to check with their insurance agent, it could be an insurance issue re: coverage and liability? Just thinking out loud....
Old 05-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #3

We were concerned about that as well, but other people with travel trailers for rent have advised us that they have coverage through BCAA which can be extended to cover short term rental. We would definitely want to make sure this is in place to cover both us and the owner of the trailer, so will be checking it out further. We would also assume responsibility to cover any tires that need replacement during the trip, as long as they are in good shape to begin with.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #4

Thank you for the suggestion to check further into insurance for potentially renting a trailer as it has led me to do some more research. I discovered that our ICBC "Roadside Plus" extends our auto coverage to include rental of a vehicle, motor home or trailer, including $2 M liability, accident benefits, Underinsured Motorist Protection and collision damage to the trailer ($300 deductible). Good information for us. Thanks again.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You should always ask, if you don't the ask the answer is already NO.

I don't have a 15 or a 17, but I've never been to Alaska either. All I can tell you, is if my trailer was going... so would I.

I'm betting you'd have better luck finding a rental through a commercial travel trailer rental outfit than you will from a private party here on the Escape Forum.

Best of luck, truly. And if you go... please post pictures. Some of us live vicariously!
Old 05-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Based on typical trailer rental costs- you'd probably do better buying and reselling afterwards. But maybe you can find one to use one-way and deliver for someone?
Old 05-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #7

Hi, Donna & Bobbie,

Such nice people on this forum - we really appreciate the suggestions and fun comments! Thank you both for encouragement and ideas! Donna, you could always come with us if we find a trailer - we could start a caravan! We (sadly) knew that Escape trailers are precious to their owners and not many people would want to rent them, but thought it worth a try. We actually have looked at other options and have one 18' trailer lined up that could work but it's heavier, wider, and not nearly as cute as an Escape. Bobbie54 - we also thought about buying and re-selling but we just got a vehicle two days ago and now there doesn't appear to be any smaller than 19' for sale. But if anyone hears of one (with a bathroom for sale), please let us know!

Old 05-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
What is your new tow vehicle and it's specifications?
Old 05-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #9

It's a 2017 Toyota Highlander SUV. Tow capacity is 5,000 lbs. but as we're new to trailer camping we wanted to not max out the capacity, especially as we will need to carry a fair amount of fuel and water since services are not as readily available up north.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 17B "Tamago", 2019 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax Diesel
Lynn & Michael

I've sent you a text message.

Peter