$100K Truck - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #1

Trailer: none
$100K Truck

It was only a matter of time:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...ice-tag-report
Old 07-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Exclamation 100K truck

Gee..one of our neighbors must have paid nearly that for his Ford F250 Turbo Diesel "King Ranch" boat..er..truck last year. He bought it as a surprise gift for his wife last Christmas..so she could haul her horses and donkeys around "in style"..but..LOL he 4got that the thing is so tall that their uuuuuuuge 5th-wheel, horse hauling-camper trailer will not fit into the hitch in the bed.. so now they have 2 big diesel trucks..his ole standby 2010 Ford that they used for years hauling animals to shows, and the shiny new 2019 Ford King Ranch sitting there. Sheesh.
Glad we are not in that class! Our Frontier V6 has more than twice the huling-capacity rating that is needed for the new E21 we just ordered....aaahhhh.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:27 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Personally I think that a $100K pickup is ridiculous and is a really poor investment for the average person. Even the "lower end" pickups have become so expensive that owners don't even want to use them as trucks anymore. Guys in my hunting club used to take their trucks into the woods all the time. Now they sit at the club as nobody wants them beat up. They are probably rarely if ever put into 4WD. This is why I own a 2005 4Runner (and a utility trailer for when I have the need) and don't worry about something happening to it. To each their own I guess.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
While $100K is far more than anyone needs to pay for a pickup, people are free to buy what they want, and to use it as they want, regardless of price. It isn't necessary to pay a quarter million dollars for a sports car, either... but people do, and they choose whether to actually drive them or just display them in their driveway to impress their neighbors. When they do drive them, they can be pushed hard on a race track (in lapping sessions for street vehicles) or just idled around town.

I met a guy who had a few expensive cars, including a Range Rover... when they were about the most expensive SUV available. I asked him why anyone would want an expensive vehicle like this since no one would take it off-road, and he described the events in which he drove it, where they taped up the door openings, climbed in the window, and ran through deep mud - he said it worked great. Not my choice, but he enjoyed it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote