17 B Build Sheet - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #61

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
I've eliminated the range hood on my 17B build. One less hole in the trailer and one less thing to bang my head on.

As for the hatch.....does anyone have the dimensions of the storage space under the passenger side back dinette for a 17B?

I am thinking of having the hatch as I looked at that space when I toured the factory and envisioned my 2 burner outdoor Coleman stove being stored there along with any needed propane hookups, small collapsible table, outdoor dish washing tub, etc. Using it for things I commonly need outdoors. Now that I'm back I wish I'd measured it as I can't remember how big it really is.

I'll have the front storage also but will use that for chocks, electrical plug-in, and other things that will lay on the ground and get dirty.
Erin relayed that the hatch opening is 7.5" H X 16.5" W. Looks wide enough for a coleman stove. There is lots of room inside the hatch, believe Laura posted some pics in her pictorial of the new 17b.
Attached Images

Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Erin relayed that the hatch opening is 7.5" H X 16.5" W. Looks wide enough for a coleman stove. There is lots of room inside the hatch, believe Laura posted some pics in her pictorial of the new 17b.

Ah....I had forgotten about the 17B pics on the other link. The back dinette seat looks to be about four feet long by say 16 inches wide by say 14 inches deep. If the hatch is 7.5 inches high and 16.5 inches wide then I'm good. I could partition off part of the area for inside storage (dog food) and keep part open for my outside stuff. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
No Jim. Saving $$ & was in a new 21' with the new windows. They are tinted & it was quite dark in there.

Aren't the framed windows and framless windows tinted the same shade? I live in Seattle and it's gray enough here half the year. Don't need it dark in my trailer also.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #64

Thank you all so much for your comments. Have submitted build sheet!!!!
Old 10-27-2016, 11:18 PM   #65

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
From Tammy: "The final payment is due within 30 days of the completion date". I also read that to mean that 30 days or pickup, whichever comes first.

Regarding the outside hatch, I'm also getting the permanent bed, so I think I'll find the hatch useful.

The jury is still out on the range hood after reading everyone's comments!!

Julie, congrats on getting the build sheet finally done! I'm jealous!!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #66

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
From Tammy: "The final payment is due within 30 days of the completion date". I also read that to mean that 30 days or pickup, whichever comes first.

Regarding the outside hatch, I'm also getting the permanent bed, so I think I'll find the hatch useful.

The jury is still out on the range hood after reading everyone's comments!!

Julie, congrats on getting the build sheet finally done! I'm jealous!!
blhvet, I know some have sighted poor performance, but if you stand outside our vent when in use, it creates a powerful stream of air. I wouldn't be without it. Leaving it open when in camp, also creates a rainproof vent for condensation.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #67

As an aside, asked Escape if & how much a cabinet door would be to access that storage space from inside & was told it is squarish rather than rectangular & would be $85.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #68

Thanks for the input, Steve. I suppose if it doesn't stick out and if it could be useful, AND you don't get a credit for not having it put in, there's no real point to taking it out.

I'm eagerly awaiting a response to Advenus question about the window tinting
Brenda
Old 10-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Thanks for the input, Steve. I suppose if it doesn't stick out and if it could be useful, AND you don't get a credit for not having it put in, there's no real point to taking it out.

I'm eagerly awaiting a response to Advenus question about the window tinting
Brenda

Hi Brenda,
I inquired to Escape yesterday and today they said there is no difference in the window tint between the framed and frameless windows. So it all comes down to preference and cost.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:18 PM   #70

Awesome! Seemed strange that they'd make them darker. Thanks for the update!
Old 10-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #71

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
The windows darker probably has to do with the fact that the frameless ones have total screen covering, while the sliders only have the windows covered half with the rear one not at all.
This is probably why people think it's darker, while it's actually the screen only.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:58 AM   #72

That makes sense, Marry.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:30 PM   #73

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Paging gbaglo....a couple of questions. Do you know the name of your formica? And that hatch on front is cool--did you do it, or ETI? I am having a dinette in front in my 17A and that would be great for chairs, etc. as long as it didn't increase my tongue weight too much. I could have it on one or both sides. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #74

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have the standard Formica, flooring and upholstery. No idea what it's called because I didn't consider alternatives.
The front hatch was installed by ETI. Mine is covered by the vinyl rock guard which is required to prevent water infiltration when driving. I've found the hatch is too small for practical use. You have to pull stuff out to get at stuff behind. I just access the area under the bench from inside. It's easier and I can see what I'm looking for.
I can't have a hatch on the passenger side because the awning arm attaches there. Driver side hatch on a 17B would have to be quite small.
You should discuss with ETI. I think a hatch either side would be an asset on a 17A.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #75

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thank you. I think your formica is different from the current one they are using--I'll continue my search for something a bit lighter.

The new awning doesn't have lower attachments, so I think I can do hatches on both sides in front. That sounds like a good idea.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #76

After living with “pearl” for about a year here are my thoughts. Outside storage access & front storage box indispensable as 4 person dinette in bed position all the time. Range vent put in d/t mistake by eti but was offered a rebuild without Choose to keep it. Haven’t used & bumped head several times. Too much trouble to remember to open/close vent. No sink in br good choice. Still undecided about not upgrading to 4 cf reefer. Don’t know how living w narrower aisle would have been. Love solar, detachable cord & ems. In all very happy with my 17b. Like auto awning as well. Haven’t used outside shower yet but sure enjoy inside one!