17 Build-one year later - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
17 Build-one year later

Oct. 30, 2016 - A whole year later: Since there have been posts recently regarding options, and we've had our 17 for over a year, we thought it good to re-post our original build sheet choices, with our comments and reflections based on camping trips ranging from sea level to 9,000 ft. elev. We'll throw in some photos as well.
Build sheet choices and rationale are in black;
new comments are in red italics.

The 17A choices and why:
--17: We wanted sleeping space for four grown people. It must fit in the driveway: we didn’t want it stored in a rental yard. The 19 would just fit if I were to trim the house roof fascia flush with the front wall, but that is not an option. Towing can be with a 3500 LB. tug rating (2000 lb. dry + 900 lb. stuff max.). We love the fact that the trailer is always here, for maintenance, modifications, security, and that extra bedroom for a couple of friends who have visited during the holidays. We're at about 2600-2800 lbs. towing, which is perfect for our Honda Pilot. 13-14 mpg.; up to 18 mpg on I-5 through mid-California.
--A or B: Our use is camping, as opposed to “living” in the trailer. We made the transition from ground camping to tent camping to tent trailer camping. So, the porta-potty is entirely sufficient. We won’t have grey and black tanks to contend with and maintain, nor the need to transport the trailer to the dump station for emptying. We can just carry (or transport with the tow vehicle only) the porta-potty base tank to a dump station or toilet, including at home. The grey water is a 5 gallon ex-paint bucket, with lid and hose connection. Everything is as expected. The portapotty sits on a wood base made from a former kitchen cutting board, with furniture glides underneath. That makes it very easy to slide out from its home in the under-bed cabinet. (No, there are no smells!)
We have the permanent front bed, and when there are only the two of us, we can leave the dinette set up. We (and my back) love the 8 inch queen mattress. It is sooo comfortable. We added carpet on the floor of the large space below the bed, so it's not so cold on cold nights, and to protect the camp chairs and bulky items that get stored there.
--Options:
-3 Burner stove – NO; Rotate the stove 90° for more counter space - YES. We gained about 6 inches of counter between the sink and stove, and in a 17, that is a lot. There is also 3 inches clear behind the stove cover when closed, for small items like spices, etc.
-Stainless steel stove, stove cover, hood – YES – Durability and appearance. YES!
-Stainless steel sink and chrome faucet – YES – Durability and appearance. YES!
-Std. 3.0 cu.ft. frig. - supplemented with ice chest. YES! That's how we roll!
-Added interior 12V outlets – NO – I can add later as needed. We need to add a 12V & USB somewhere near the dining table.
-Added exterior access hatch: Driver side front: for access under the permanent bed. We haven't used it yet. So far, we access everything through the twin cabinet doors at the end of the bed.
-Added LED brake lights – YES – For safety, because we will have the bike rack option.YES! It is important (and fun) to light-up-red the entire car behind you when you hit the brakes. You just Know that they see you.
-Added window at kitchen – YES: We use this all the time, especially during rain or cold weather, to provide make-up air for what exhausts through the MaxxFan vent, even when the fan is off. We also like the additional light coming in. We have it open whenever we cook, because we have the hood fan on. Steam, etc. from the stove doesn't build up in the trailer, then.
-By the way, we like the hood/fan, and it does not get in your way in a 17, because it's next to a bulkhead, the other side of which is either a wardrobe closet (A model) or a bathroom (B model).
-MaxxFan options – NO – These can be easily added if a need is determined later. To clarify, we have the one that is standard, and are completely satisfied. It has a semi-opaque white adjustable opening cover that lets some diffused light in. The fan controls are at the ceiling panel of the unit. They control speed, air flow direction (in or out), and it has a thermostatic control to automatically cycle on at a temperature you set.

-A/C – YES – we live in So.Cal. and have been known to camp where it is over 90-100°, and even white trailers absorb solar energy and get much hotter than the surroundings. + Digital Thermostat. YES! The added Digital thermostat on the bulkhead by the permanent bed is very convenient, especially at 5 in the morning when you want just a little more heat before getting up to make coffee: just tap the button. Also, when doing trailer mods on a hot Saturday, it's nice to work in an air conditioned environment.
-Aluminum rims – YES – Looks and maintenance. YES
-Bike rack ready – YES – We have bikes. YES
-Brake controller – NO – We have one.

-Larger battery and SOLAR – YES: Group 29: Rear frame on the 17 changes with the larger batteries. so it's difficult to add later. The battery case is 4 inches longer, so they offset the spare tire stand. Solar is 150W Samlex; controller is on the face of an overhead cabinet. We dry camp a lot in the mountains, and have never had a power problem.
-Dual propane – YES – more cost effective (and safer) to have ETI install, rather than leave as an option if we need it later. And, we get the nice cover. YES, works fine.
-Equalizer hitch – Not allowed on a Honda Pilot, per the mfr.. The 17 tows very, very well, with no sway. The 12 foot distance from coupler to axle goes a long way toward achieving this.
--We found that we couldn't just load all our heavy outdoor stuff in the front storage, or we quickly exceeded 375 lbs. on the tongue. Electrical-related supplies and tools are now under the dinette bench next to the converter/panel. Other occasionally used things (jack, shovel, ...) are under the other dinette bench. Main tool box rides in the tow, behind the drivers seat on the floor. Somehow, I can never get that box weight below about 30 lbs.
-Added exterior 12V outlet next to the exterior 120V.– YES: We use it a lot, for radio, air compressor, musical instrument practice amp, keyboard, etc.
-Exterior propane quick connect – NO –We carry an extra propane tank that we usually set under a camping table or picnic table, to feed the camp stove, or grill.
-High lift axle – NO – Not required
-2-way hot water tank –No, we found out from ETI that this is really two purchases (at least for A models), that has to include the hot water tank itself, which is part of the exterior shower option. We don't miss it. We heat water on the stove or outside camp stove as needed for washing, cooking, etc.
-Exterior shower – NO – Cost greatly outweighs desirability. We don't miss it
-Hitch wheel – YES – Wife says I am to save my back at all costs, so she does not out-live me. We've never used it. We don't even take it along anymore.
-Inverter – NO – We have an existing 300W portable inverter that is sufficient for our electronic devices. We make coffee with a French press or a percolator. If we have a need later we can acquire a larger one. We don't miss the permanent one,; our portable works fine.
-LED captains reading lamps – YES – Nice feature, that is cost-effective to have ETI install. We love these. We have them at each of the four corners of the trailer, and use them for reading, etc. either pointed out, or pointed at the wall for indirect lighting.
-Microwave – YES – The Dometic model is designed for RV use, so there are no warranty questions regarding its location/use. Cost is comparable to other small comsumer M/W’s. We use it when we have 120VAC. I'm thinking of taking it out for some trips, for more storage, because we dry camp a lot. FYI: ETI provided an RCA model RMW712.
-Portable toilet and cabinet – NO - We have a porta-potty, so we are getting the cabinet w/door only. Works as planned. No Grey/Black tanks, no mess, no faultly probes. YEAH!
-Propane tanks filled – YES – Convenience: ETI’s fill charge is similar to other locations.
-Removable power cord – NO – This is not cost-effective. What I did is buy a separate 50 ft. 30-TT 10 ga. extension (at a great price), so I can just use it, or use the built-in one, or both.
-Shelves – NO – We installed our own adjustable track and shelves in the wardrobe. They work great.
-Storage box – YES – Keeps all the wet, yucky, and oily/greasy things out of the trailer. It is a very effective rock guard. Works as advertised. This is a must.
-Screen room – NO – I hate bugs. But I refuse to be in a bug prison. Don't need one, have only seen one on one other trailer, in the last year of camping.
-Surge protector – YES – It is excellent protection from the vagaries of shore power. ETI’s charge is the same as mfr’s list price. Yes! works as advertised; great safety device.
-TV and stereo prewires/etc. – NO We don't miss it – we use our laptop and/or phone connections.
Weather: I have a Uniden radio scanner that I use to get weather service information.

-Thermal windows and extra insulation – YES – Necessary for hot or cold weather. Yes! works as advertised
-Spray foam under trailer – YES – same as above Yes! works as advertised. But, ETI only sprayed full -thickness on the back half of the trailer. The front portion is about ½ inch thick, so I added some carpet on the floor under the bed for insulation. Check the foam during your inspection prior to accepting your trailer. (Looks like I'll have to copy Ron's mod with rigid insulation.)
-Heat pads – NO – If it’s that cold, we’re rolling away. We only have the fresh water tank. No need for them.
-Custom Formica – YES – Wife factor: she’s the artist, I’m only the engineer.YES – Wife factor
-Custom fabric – YES – Wife factor...

Other items:
-Separate switch at door for interior O/H light. YES-very convenient.
-We do not have an indoor switch for the exterior driver side light. We only use that one when we're on that side hooking up or unhooking power and water, so the switch on the light housing is perfect.
For security, I've added an interior switch that turns on the running lights ( red tail & red & yellow markers) in case we want to light up the outside.

-We had ETI install an additional interior handle at the door. Must have! We both now use it, especially exiting the trailer.
-Prewire O/H cabinets for 12V DC. YES, we have plans for possible uses, and the power is now already there.
-We get the leftover counter laminate and fabric, for matching, patching, etc. Be sure to request it.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #2

17A options photos

17A model porta-potty provisions and grey water connections:
The portapotty is on a converted kitchen cutting board, with furniture glides underneath.
The under sink photo shows the entire drain plumbing, running to the hose connection on the exterior, then to the bucket. We use a screen, so no food scraps go down the drain.
Attached Thumbnails
e17- 10-30-16 023.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 003.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 001.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #3

Electrical options

Options: Captains reading lamps, exterior 12VDC,
Standard MaxxFann

Click image for larger version

Name:	e17- 10-30-16 009.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	19670

Name:	e17- 10-30-16 010.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	19671

Name:	e17- 10-30-16 011.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	19672

Name:	e17- 10-30-16 012.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	19673
Old 10-29-2016, 06:05 PM   #4

More options

Shelves added in wardrobe: On each side is some 5mm Lauan plywood, with metal shelf standards bolted with flathead bolts from the back. The shelves provide a press-fit on each side of the wardrobe, so nothing moves, but nothing is actually bolted to the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
e17- 10-30-16 005.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 007.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 008.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #5

Other comments: The 5 hook Umbra was cut into two, and mounted, one on each side, of the doors. Very handy, and matches the existing wood finish.
The kitchen shot shows the rotated 2-burner stove, and shows that the hood doesn't interfere with movement and use of the trailer (in the 17 model), and shows the location of the most-excellent awning window (under the blind).
And, the yet-to-be-used jack wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
e17- 10-30-16 013.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 014.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 015.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 024.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #6

Battery locations

On the left is the standard location of the Group 27 battery (about 12 inches wide). The Group 29 is in the larger case on the right, and you can see the extra horizontal member to support the off-set spare tire.
I've also included a shot of the end of the 2"x4"x1/8" wall steel tube main frame. It stops behind the axle, with a 2x3" member welded to it, that is the raised rear frame portion to the bumper.
(The 3" surrounds the water tank, and causes the raised floor at the dinette).
Edit: (Oh, yeah: the chain is fastened to my garage. If anyone wants the trailer bad enough, they have to tow my garage away as well!)
Attached Thumbnails
e17- 10-30-16 017.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 018.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 020.jpg   e17- 10-30-16 021.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 11:24 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Options: Captains reading lamps, exterior 12VDC,
Standard MaxxFann

Attachment 19670

Attachment 19671

Attachment 19672

Attachment 19673
I am enjoying the photos. Thank you. I am curious as to what the exterior 12v outlet could be used for.
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:30 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
A fan first comes to mind.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdunca44 View Post
I am enjoying the photos. Thank you. I am curious as to what the exterior 12v outlet could be used for.
We're glad you found the photos of value.
We have used the 12V outlet for an air compressor to inflate mattresses and watercraft, and for a small 120 V.ac inverter, to run a practice amp. for a guitar and bass, and a home-built power supply for a synth. keyboard.
It can be used for 12V TVs as well, or to plug in a USB adapter.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:41 PM   #10

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
  • fan (as mentioned)
  • air compressor for tires
  • inflator for pool toys, etc
  • lighting
  • powering mobile electronics (phones, tablets, portable speakers, TVs...)
There are probably others.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
That said, I run my 12V extension cord out the door or out a window.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:00 AM   #12

Trailer: None yet...Dreaming of an Escape!
Thank you, Don and Teresa for the tour of your trailer! Sounds like other than the hitch wheel, you both were right on target with your needs. Thank you for showing how you drain your sink directly into the closed bucket. I have always wondered how that is done.... The slide out for the porta potty is great! Are you able to use it in place, or does it need to be slid off the slide first? Thanks again!
Old 10-30-2016, 06:51 AM   #13

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
I am curious as to what the exterior 12v outlet could be used for.
Recharging portable 120vac items via a small inverter, and like others a fan.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:07 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winelover View Post
Thank you, Don and Teresa for the tour of your trailer! Sounds like other than the hitch wheel, you both were right on target with your needs. Thank you for showing how you drain your sink directly into the closed bucket. I have always wondered how that is done.... The slide out for the porta potty is great! Are you able to use it in place, or does it need to be slid off the slide first? Thanks again!
Denise,
That portapotty stays where it is on the base. We have, I think, 8 nylon/metal furniture glides under it, so it's fully supported when in use. There is a vertical wood lip (the former bullnose(rounded) front of the cutting board) that acts as a handle to slide the whole assembly out of its cabinet. We had sent the dimensions of the portapotty to ETI, to make sure that the cabinet door and space under the bed was the right size for it. As usual, ETI did it perfectly.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #15

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I love the rolling toilet idea. I don't know if it will work for me but I am going to check it out. (I thought of that in my Campster but never did it.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 17a - now sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Oct. 30, 2016 - A whole year later: Since there have been posts recently regarding options, and we've had our 17 for over a year, we thought it good to re-post our original build sheet choices, with our comments and reflections based on camping trips ranging from sea level to 9,000 ft. elev. We'll throw in some photos as well.
Build sheet choices and rationale are in black;
new comments are in red italics.

The 17A choices and why:
--17: We wanted sleeping space for four grown people. It must fit in the driveway: we didn’t want it stored in a rental yard. The 19 would just fit if I were to trim the house roof fascia flush with the front wall, but that is not an option. Towing can be with a 3500 LB. tug rating (2000 lb. dry + 900 lb. stuff max.). We love the fact that the trailer is always here, for maintenance, modifications, security, and that extra bedroom for a couple of friends who have visited during the holidays. We're at about 2600-2800 lbs. towing, which is perfect for our Honda Pilot. 13-14 mpg.; up to 18 mpg on I-5 through mid-California.
--A or B: Our use is camping, as opposed to “living” in the trailer. We made the transition from ground camping to tent camping to tent trailer camping. So, the porta-potty is entirely sufficient. We won’t have grey and black tanks to contend with and maintain, nor the need to transport the trailer to the dump station for emptying. We can just carry (or transport with the tow vehicle only) the porta-potty base tank to a dump station or toilet, including at home. The grey water is a 5 gallon ex-paint bucket, with lid and hose connection. Everything is as expected. The portapotty sits on a wood base made from a former kitchen cutting board, with furniture glides underneath. That makes it very easy to slide out from its home in the under-bed cabinet. (No, there are no smells!)
We have the permanent front bed, and when there are only the two of us, we can leave the dinette set up. We (and my back) love the 8 inch queen mattress. It is sooo comfortable. We added carpet on the floor of the large space below the bed, so it's not so cold on cold nights, and to protect the camp chairs and bulky items that get stored there.
--Options:
-3 Burner stove – NO; Rotate the stove 90° for more counter space - YES. We gained about 6 inches of counter between the sink and stove, and in a 17, that is a lot. There is also 3 inches clear behind the stove cover when closed, for small items like spices, etc.
-Stainless steel stove, stove cover, hood – YES – Durability and appearance. YES!
-Stainless steel sink and chrome faucet – YES – Durability and appearance. YES!
-Std. 3.0 cu.ft. frig. - supplemented with ice chest. YES! That's how we roll!
-Added interior 12V outlets – NO – I can add later as needed. We need to add a 12V & USB somewhere near the dining table.
-Added exterior access hatch: Driver side front: for access under the permanent bed. We haven't used it yet. So far, we access everything through the twin cabinet doors at the end of the bed.
-Added LED brake lights – YES – For safety, because we will have the bike rack option.YES! It is important (and fun) to light-up-red the entire car behind you when you hit the brakes. You just Know that they see you.
-Added window at kitchen – YES: We use this all the time, especially during rain or cold weather, to provide make-up air for what exhausts through the MaxxFan vent, even when the fan is off. We also like the additional light coming in. We have it open whenever we cook, because we have the hood fan on. Steam, etc. from the stove doesn't build up in the trailer, then.
-By the way, we like the hood/fan, and it does not get in your way in a 17, because it's next to a bulkhead, the other side of which is either a wardrobe closet (A model) or a bathroom (B model).
-MaxxFan options – NO – These can be easily added if a need is determined later. To clarify, we have the one that is standard, and are completely satisfied. It has a semi-opaque white adjustable opening cover that lets some diffused light in. The fan controls are at the ceiling panel of the unit. They control speed, air flow direction (in or out), and it has a thermostatic control to automatically cycle on at a temperature you set.

-A/C – YES – we live in So.Cal. and have been known to camp where it is over 90-100°, and even white trailers absorb solar energy and get much hotter than the surroundings. + Digital Thermostat. YES! The added Digital thermostat on the bulkhead by the permanent bed is very convenient, especially at 5 in the morning when you want just a little more heat before getting up to make coffee: just tap the button. Also, when doing trailer mods on a hot Saturday, it's nice to work in an air conditioned environment.
-Aluminum rims – YES – Looks and maintenance. YES
-Bike rack ready – YES – We have bikes. YES
-Brake controller – NO – We have one.

-Larger battery and SOLAR – YES: Group 29: Rear frame on the 17 changes with the larger batteries. so it's difficult to add later. The battery case is 4 inches longer, so they offset the spare tire stand. Solar is 150W Samlex; controller is on the face of an overhead cabinet. We dry camp a lot in the mountains, and have never had a power problem.
-Dual propane – YES – more cost effective (and safer) to have ETI install, rather than leave as an option if we need it later. And, we get the nice cover. YES, works fine.
-Equalizer hitch – Not allowed on a Honda Pilot, per the mfr.. The 17 tows very, very well, with no sway. The 12 foot distance from coupler to axle goes a long way toward achieving this.
--We found that we couldn't just load all our heavy outdoor stuff in the front storage, or we quickly exceeded 375 lbs. on the tongue. Electrical-related supplies and tools are now under the dinette bench next to the converter/panel. Other occasionally used things (jack, shovel, ...) are under the other dinette bench. Main tool box rides in the tow, behind the drivers seat on the floor. Somehow, I can never get that box weight below about 30 lbs.
-Added exterior 12V outlet next to the exterior 120V.– YES: We use it a lot, for radio, air compressor, musical instrument practice amp, keyboard, etc.
-Exterior propane quick connect – NO –We carry an extra propane tank that we usually set under a camping table or picnic table, to feed the camp stove, or grill.
-High lift axle – NO – Not required
-2-way hot water tank –No, we found out from ETI that this is really two purchases (at least for A models), that has to include the hot water tank itself, which is part of the exterior shower option. We don't miss it. We heat water on the stove or outside camp stove as needed for washing, cooking, etc.
-Exterior shower – NO – Cost greatly outweighs desirability. We don't miss it
-Hitch wheel – YES – Wife says I am to save my back at all costs, so she does not out-live me. We've never used it. We don't even take it along anymore.
-Inverter – NO – We have an existing 300W portable inverter that is sufficient for our electronic devices. We make coffee with a French press or a percolator. If we have a need later we can acquire a larger one. We don't miss the permanent one,; our portable works fine.
-LED captains reading lamps – YES – Nice feature, that is cost-effective to have ETI install. We love these. We have them at each of the four corners of the trailer, and use them for reading, etc. either pointed out, or pointed at the wall for indirect lighting.
-Microwave – YES – The Dometic model is designed for RV use, so there are no warranty questions regarding its location/use. Cost is comparable to other small comsumer M/W’s. We use it when we have 120VAC. I'm thinking of taking it out for some trips, for more storage, because we dry camp a lot. FYI: ETI provided an RCA model RMW712.
-Portable toilet and cabinet – NO - We have a porta-potty, so we are getting the cabinet w/door only. Works as planned. No Grey/Black tanks, no mess, no faultly probes. YEAH!
-Propane tanks filled – YES – Convenience: ETI’s fill charge is similar to other locations.
-Removable power cord – NO – This is not cost-effective. What I did is buy a separate 50 ft. 30-TT 10 ga. extension (at a great price), so I can just use it, or use the built-in one, or both.
-Shelves – NO – We installed our own adjustable track and shelves in the wardrobe. They work great.
-Storage box – YES – Keeps all the wet, yucky, and oily/greasy things out of the trailer. It is a very effective rock guard. Works as advertised. This is a must.
-Screen room – NO – I hate bugs. But I refuse to be in a bug prison. Don't need one, have only seen one on one other trailer, in the last year of camping.
-Surge protector – YES – It is excellent protection from the vagaries of shore power. ETI’s charge is the same as mfr’s list price. Yes! works as advertised; great safety device.
-TV and stereo prewires/etc. – NO We don't miss it – we use our laptop and/or phone connections.
Weather: I have a Uniden radio scanner that I use to get weather service information.

-Thermal windows and extra insulation – YES – Necessary for hot or cold weather. Yes! works as advertised
-Spray foam under trailer – YES – same as above Yes! works as advertised. But, ETI only sprayed full -thickness on the back half of the trailer. The front portion is about ½ inch thick, so I added some carpet on the floor under the bed for insulation. Check the foam during your inspection prior to accepting your trailer. (Looks like I'll have to copy Ron's mod with rigid insulation.)
-Heat pads – NO – If it’s that cold, we’re rolling away. We only have the fresh water tank. No need for them.
-Custom Formica – YES – Wife factor: she’s the artist, I’m only the engineer.YES – Wife factor
-Custom fabric – YES – Wife factor...

Other items:
-Separate switch at door for interior O/H light. YES-very convenient.
-We do not have an indoor switch for the exterior driver side light. We only use that one when we're on that side hooking up or unhooking power and water, so the switch on the light housing is perfect.
For security, I've added an interior switch that turns on the running lights ( red tail & red & yellow markers) in case we want to light up the outside.

-We had ETI install an additional interior handle at the door. Must have! We both now use it, especially exiting the trailer.
-Prewire O/H cabinets for 12V DC. YES, we have plans for possible uses, and the power is now already there.
-We get the leftover counter laminate and fabric, for matching, patching, etc. Be sure to request it.
Thank you so much for such a helpful and informative and honest post - much appreciated. Reassuring common sense. (17a owners: unite!)
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
Thank you so much for such a helpful and informative and honest post - much appreciated. Reassuring common sense. (17a owners: unite!)
Thanks, Roberta. We're glad to help!
Welcome to the A-List.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:26 AM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Casita STD
Thank you for that excellent commentary.

I'm wondering how you determined the foam was 1/2" vs 1" thick? (Is there a way to measure the thickness along the trailer?)

A 17A may be in our future!
freetodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Quote:
We use ours for our 12volt cooler.
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetodream View Post
Thank you for that excellent commentary.

I'm wondering how you determined the foam was 1/2" vs 1" thick? (Is there a way to measure the thickness along the trailer?)

A 17A may be in our future!
Mark,
The foam is soft, so I pushed with a finger in a few places. Then, to measure, I took a short, thin metal rule and stuck it up through the foam in a few places. You could do a similar thing with a short screwdriver or even a small nail. Just make some pencil or pen marks every 1/4" on it.