17b options - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
The first night I had Egbert home, I made a screwdriver and went out to sit inside to celebrate. I set the drink down on the drop-down table which was not fully locked and the whole drink spilled all over the cushion. You never saw anyone run so fast as I did to get that cushion into the bathtub and rinsed. The liquid mostly beaded up and it all came out fine but I'm glad I didn't have white or nearly-white upholstery. And I'm glad it wasn't a bloody Mary or red wine.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We thought we would do custom flooring until we looked at a lot of samples.ETI's local supplier was very nice and patient with our many questions. We thought we wanted a uniform pattern like we had in our 17 instead of the faux tile look. Reality is most people throw down rugs anyways. Also from the US it would have cost a LOT to send. No regrets.Would put the money into the installed solar panel from ETI. I think its splitting hairs in time & money to do it later...but I could be wrong.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #43

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
solarwholsaler.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRchickie View Post
We have white sink & stove, and have no desire for stainless instead. We don't really "do dishes" when camping, and I can't imagine putting one of our cast iron pans in the sink, so that's not a concern. Stove wise, I periodically scrub off the coffee stains that our perk leaves (just like at home) and really don't care otherwise.

We didn't even have the solar pre-wired, but we do have the dual 6V batteries. In the end, we bought a panel & controller from solarwholesaler.ca and ran wiring on the outside of the shell to the batteries, and up into the storage compartment accessed through the outside hatch, where we put the charge controller. No holes in the roof, more charging for the money, and the size & shape of the new panel suited the top of the trailer really well - unlike our old panels that we were originally going to install.
Sounds like a better alternative than the prewire. Can I trouble you for the model of solar panels and controller you got? Also would be curious about how you mounted it maybe I can take a drive out and see it once it warms up in Calgary.
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #44

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
We thought we would do custom flooring until we looked at a lot of samples.ETI's local supplier was very nice and patient with our many questions. We thought we wanted a uniform pattern like we had in our 17 instead of the faux tile look. Reality is most people throw down rugs anyways. Also from the US it would have cost a LOT to send. No regrets.Would put the money into the installed solar panel from ETI. I think its splitting hairs in time & money to do it later...but I could be wrong.
I decide on the technical options and my design consultant chooses the decorating options and it seems to work well that way.
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #45

Trailer: Escape 17B, April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
Sounds like a better alternative than the prewire. Can I trouble you for the model of solar panels and controller you got? Also would be curious about how you mounted it maybe I can take a drive out and see it once it warms up in Calgary.
We can see wires affixed to the outside of the trailer, but it doesn't trouble us. So far, we're quite happy with what we've done, we only finally got the solar system operational in the early fall. The panel is attached to the roof with VHB tape.

You're always welcome to see the trailer. It is stored for the winter in a driveway in Bowness, and you have seen where it spends the summer unless we have it out camping!

I'm not sure exactly which panel it was, something like this kit, maybe:
http://www.solarwholesaler.ca/shop/120-watt-12v-rv-boat-solar-kit-starting-at-316-89/
Their prices are excellent, and they give good service in store.
KLRchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:18 AM   #46

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post

We did take a long hard look at the heat pads because we like camping in the shoulder seasons and expect night temperatures to be in the 20's (F). But that said, since the 12v heat pads draw 100 watts each, they are essentially 110v items running directly off the 110v to 12v converter. With no 110v they would essentially be useless. But, on the other hand, I noticed some hot and cold water lines running under the trailer that I wanted to protect so I purchased some 12v heat tape that consumes 5 watts per foot (needed 5 feet for 25 watts) and Escape will install it for a fee. That should pull about 20 amp-hours out of the battery overnight, which is not an unreasonable amount to replace with solar.

--
Alan
I'm getting ready to purchase and am eager to know. Did ETI install the heat tape for you at no cost, and did it work for you in freezing weather as expected? I'm not eager to camp in freezing weather but expect that I'll nevertheless encounter more than I expect of it in the coming years. The $1000 cost feels steep now, but if the heat tape doesn't do the job....

Thanks!
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:20 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
I'm getting ready to purchase and am eager to know. Did ETI install the heat tape for you at no cost, and did it work for you in freezing weather as expected? I'm not eager to camp in freezing weather but expect that I'll nevertheless encounter more than I expect of it in the coming years. The $1000 cost feels steep now, but if the heat tape doesn't do the job....

Thanks!
The heat pads use an extraordinate amount of 12v power and can only be used with hookups, which means you have electric for heat as well as you can use your furnace without worries. With the foam spray and heat on inside, we have camped in single digits comfortably.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #48

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
17 0ptions

Our paperwork for our July last year delivery does not list external refrigeration fan, but I did opt for the internal battery powered fan. We have the 4' fridge and I know it does have the external because I can hear it when the temp is over 100 degrees.
Azjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #49

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
No freezing even in the single digits, SpaHarley! That's comforting to know! Hopefully, the insulation work as well when the temps head up toward 100!

Azjack, I suppose I'll spring for both refrigerator fans, as it can get awfully hot down here in Texas!

Thanks!
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote