17B with Gaucho Option - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 17B, April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie beers View Post
I would expect the bathroom height in the 17b to be too small for you.
The highest point of the ceiling in a 17 is a wee bit under 6'2", the height of my husband. He finds this no problem, as he's often not standing in the trailer, and when he is he is likely to be looking down at something, effectively reducing his full height by just a smidge. The padded headliner used by Escape is also convenient, as head-on-ceiling contact is not painful (unlike head-on-cabinet-corners contact ).

The bathroom ceiling is several inches shorter, so a tall man had best be willing to sit to do whatever he needs to in there. (The bathroom doorway can be another head bonker )

KLRchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Thanks for the responses. I need to get my feet inside a 17B to know for sure. I left a message for Tammy this afternoon to find an owner nearby.

Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #13

Our 17B with a gaucho bunk works fine for the four of us but I am 5'10" and my kids (12&14) are on the small side. I sleep on the lower bunk but that would be too small for you. I think a 17B would not be as good a match for someone your size.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Jeff, (Oregonian), I was a single mother once-upon-a-time. When my kidlet and I would go camping (tween), her first words... will there be a pool, second words... will there be "boys"?

Plan on a tent outside the door, close (so you'll feel comfortable with the situation). Trust me, you will all be happier...

I honestly think screen rooms for travel trailers weren't invented so much for bugs as they were for parents with young teenagers... they want their space and we want their stinky feet outside!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
Our 17B with a gaucho bunk works fine for the four of us but I am 5'10" and my kids (12&14) are on the small side. I sleep on the lower bunk but that would be too small for you. I think a 17B would not be as good a match for someone your size.
Hey Thane, thanks for the first hand experience with kids and the Gaucho bunks. I was thinking my little guys on the bunks and wife and I on the larger bed, curious why the lower bunk for you? Jeff
Old 12-16-2014, 12:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Jeff, (Oregonian), I was a single mother once-upon-a-time. When my kidlet and I would go camping (tween), her first words... will there be a pool, second words... will there be "boys"?

Plan on a tent outside the door, close (so you'll feel comfortable with the situation). Trust me, you will all be happier...

I honestly think screen rooms for travel trailers weren't invented so much for bugs as they were for parents with young teenagers... they want their space and we want their stinky feet outside!
Hey Donna, weather permitting our kiddos usually prefer outside also, so a screen room would be nice!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
This is the screen room that is optional.
On my 17B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg awning and screen room.jpg (323.7 KB, 11 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #18

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
I'm 6'-1" and I was first sold on a Casita without seeing it in person. After seeing one first hand I was dissapointed with the headroom, had none! I think they are very nice trailers, but just don't offer the room my family needs. We are a family of three, but want a bunk/cot option to at times include a guest.

A week after seeing the Casita, we located an Escape19 here in NJ via the factory. The three of us, along with the owner stood in the trailer and didn't feel packed in. The headroom was to my liking and the permanent bed screamed nap time We haven't seen a 21, but bet it just kicks it up a notch on interior space and storage. Another selling point for us was the large refrigerator option. My only wish is if the production schedule could be slightly speeded up. Demand seems huge, and good things come to those who wait.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 17B
We have a 17B with guacho bunks and two young kids. We find the kids want to spend as much time as possible outside and we usually only eat inside in the morning so the trailer is the right size for us. Frankly there is no escape trailer that is big enough inside to accommodate two young kids for real play time.

We also went the 17B route to fit into more campsites and make it easier to navigate in the mountains.

Being 6'3" might be an issue in any trailer so it is best to see one in person.

Are you in eastern oregon? If so we might be closest to you.
smilycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #20

More good food for thought. Smilycook I'm in Central Oregon, a six hour drive from you. Thanks for the offer of viewing your trailer, but we should be able to find one in Portland, Eugene or Salem which are closer. I've been watching the exchange rate and it's looking like a good time to buy a new 19!