19' Bed Options - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
19' Bed Options

I am considering doing a mattress cover/RV superbag concept for our upcoming new 19' to aide with bed making. Our previous trailer was a walk-around so traditional sheets/comforter worked fine.

For the "decorative" mattress cover, what are people buying? Would a queen futon cover work ok as long as it allowed a 8"+ mattress thickness?
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
We had ETI cover the mattress with the same material as the cushions, then we use a Travelsack with integrated sheets, and we carry spare sheets. It has a Winter Side and a Summer Side.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
We had ETI cover the mattress with the same material as the cushions, then we use a Travelsack with integrated sheets, and we carry spare sheets. It has a Winter Side and a Summer Side.
Did they put vinyl on the bottom and sides? If so then you would not have to worry about condensation issues.....
Old 08-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Vinyl is on the bottom, but not the sides. There's a little separation between the walls and sides, so have not had a problem.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post

We did the same. It works very well. ETI returned the unused fabric and my wife made a 3ft by 3ft square of the same material to lay on top of the mattress cover. Since it matches it looks great and keeps the mattress cover from getting dirty. When we roll out the bedding it goes over both covers.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
My trailer is already in the build process, so having them make me a matching cover isn't a realistic option ... plus I'd rather get something contrasting. I'll look at futon covers. For those people who are using these "RV superbag" things, it seems to me that you wouldn't want one larger than enclosed area for the bed which I assume is about 60x80, otherwise you're dealing with excess material on the sides ...like for a king size. do I have that right?
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
We just zip together two sleeping bags, one is a 3lb. and the other is a 5lb. Depending on temperature, either 3 or 5 lb. is on top.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
In the 19', we put a sheet on the bed with a blanket over it and everything is great. I am a hot sleeper so I usually end up on top of the covers anyway. My wife sleeps great on the factory mattress, but I still find it a little hard for my taste and usually sleep poorly for the first 2 to 3 nights in the trailer, after which I am so tired that I sleep much better. I am still considering the possibility of adding a thin memory foam pad on top of my side of the mattress to enhance my sleeping experience.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote