19 or 21??? - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #161

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
From the Sherline Towing Guide:

For maximum accuracy, use a gauge that will put your expected final measurement in about the middle of the gauge's range. (For example: for tongue weights of about 1000 lb. use a gauge that reads to 2000 lb.) The reason for this is that pressure gauges of this type are accurate to within about 2% in the middle ranges, but accuracy decreases at extreme low or high readings. To provide a gauge a few percent more accurate would increase the cost by 10 times or more. The supplied gauge was chosen as the most cost effective solution to providing a result that is sufficiently accurate for trailer weighing purposes. (The Sherline scale is not intended to be used for trade; i.e., items priced by weight.)
Old 01-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #162

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
From the Sherline Towing Guide:

... pressure gauges of this type are accurate to within about 2% in the middle ranges, but accuracy decreases at extreme low or high readings.
(The Sherline scale is not intended to be used for trade; i.e., items priced by weight.)
Yes, that's the gauge accuracy, and a confirmation that it is not accurate enough for trade. The accuracy of the whole scale is also affected by the accuracy of the cylinder bore and the drag of the cylinder seal - the whole system is definitely not as good as the gauge itself, although it's still fine for our purposes.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #163

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
With a loaded weight on a 21' of 4200 lbs., a tongue weight is needed of between 420 and 630 lbs. The Sherline easily has enough precision for that. We use a little higher than 10% such as 11 or 12% which takes care of any minor inaccuracy for our purposes. With a range of over 200 lbs. acceptable, hard to not make it.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #164

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
One more thing that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread: to me, the Escape 19 is a nicer-looking trailer from the outside than the 21, and I'm speaking as an owner of a 21. The 19 just seems to be proportioned better. Don't get me wrong-- I'm very happy with my trailer, but to me it's not as pretty as the 19. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.

But then, none of Escape's other trailers holds a candle to the 5.0 TA. Now that thing is beautiful. And no, I don't want one.

Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #165

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Mike, there are free cookies with the purchase of a 5.0TA.

Honest.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #166

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
One more thing that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread: to me, the Escape 19 is a nicer-looking trailer from the outside than the 21, and I'm speaking as an owner of a 21. The 19 just seems to be proportioned better. Don't get me wrong-- I'm very happy with my trailer, but to me it's not as pretty as the 19. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.

But then, none of Escape's other trailers holds a candle to the 5.0 TA. Now that thing is beautiful. And no, I don't want one.

As an owner of a 17B I can clearly be totally unbiased when I contend that 17s are by FAR the most beautiful Escapes.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #167

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Not only cookies, Mike but another free calendar next year.

Only thing that is more beautiful than our 19 is our 19 hooked to our Nissan Frontier heading out to
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #168

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
While I can agree with Mike, Eric, and Greg that the 19s and the 17s are the most beautiful and the most beautifully proportioned, the 13s and the 15s are by far the cutest.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #169

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
And the winner is

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
As an owner of a 17B I can clearly be totally unbiased when I contend that 17s are by FAR the most beautiful Escapes.
And now the final tally, the winner of the Miss Trailer Universe is Miss 21, nope, it's it's Miss 17, wait a minute I misread my card it's Miss TA (keep your thoughts pure) oh I'm so sorry I've finally got it now, the winner is
Miss 19. Yay and the crowd goes
Wild.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #170

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
And now the final tally, the winner of the Miss Trailer Universe is Miss 21, nope, it's it's Miss 17, wait a minute I misread my card it's Miss TA (keep your thoughts pure) oh I'm so sorry I've finally got it now, the winner is
Wild.
Dave
Dave,
Did you change your name to Steve?
Old 01-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #171

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Wild.
Dave
I demand a recount!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #172

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Yup changing my name and he gets my checking account and I get his.
Spam and scale came inside along with the pop. Beer stayed in the garage
where it's 24 degrees F. Defrosting the freezer today, just put the contents in a few boxes and set outside. Archiving photos my mom had, found one where my Dad stayed with a Belgian family over New Years 1945. They were temporarily stymied by heavy fog and snow during the Battle of the Ardennes. ( battle of the bulge as it was called at the time.) He had a glass of something strong in one hand and the bottle in the other. He was 3rd armored Spearhead. 32nd armored regiment. The third armored was the first outfit to fire shells on German soil since Napoleon.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:28 PM   #173

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
While I can agree with Mike, Eric, and Greg that the 19s and the 17s are the most beautiful and the most beautifully proportioned, the 13s and the 15s are by far the cutest.
That is the truth ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:31 PM   #174

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Wild.
Dave
Yay !Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote