5.0TA Build Sheet – Due Sunday - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2015, 09:56 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstick63 View Post
Do most folks install a 2nd TV in a 5.0TA and if so,where? I was hoping that we would be able to watch the TV that is in the normal 5.0TA position while we are seated in the dinette area.

Also, what size TV would be best?

Thanks...
I'm mounting a 19" in the dinette (passenger side) w/ DVD player and a 24" in the loft (permanently mounted on the wardrobe wall... reinforced) and another DVD player mainly because I wear glasses... and don't want to wear glasses while in bed watching a movie. I don't at home, why should I when out camping! YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Thanks! Now, what is the better option, the Jack Antenna, a different antenna mounted on a pole, or a Tailgater Portable Antenna with a pay as you go DISH subscription? I am assuming that none would work in most National Parks or off-grid situations, but I really don't know that I understand the technology or the advantages of one over the other.
Drumstick63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Drumstick, I'm not a fan of Dish, but satellite TV will work most anywhere in North America as long as you have a reasonably unobstructed aim upward and to the south. Being in the middle of nowhere doesn't matter. The satellite is in space. I like free so we went with the jack antenna instead and will just use OTA. No signal? That means we don't watch -- and do something more worthwhile.

As for the Oxygenics shower head, it can be used hand held or in the holder - just like the stock showerhead. The advantage is that it oxygenates and forces the water through a small aperture which has the effect of "pressurizing" the water. It does NOT increase water flow -- you have the flow you have as a function of your water pump. What it does do fairly well is make it FEEL like a higher pressure shower, similar to home.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Drumstick, I'm not a fan of Dish, but satellite TV will work most anywhere in North America
Not sure about that. Anywhere in the USA, but I think not Canada. I'm going on posts I vaguely remember. A different company would have the license for the satellite transmission in Canada. Just like I don't get Netflix US at home. I get Netflix Canada ( different content ), unless I do a work around ( a US IPS address ). And, Netflix is starting to police that.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #25

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
A hitch lock for a fifth-wheel is just anything that stays on the pin so it can't be coupled into a hitch, and can't be removed without the key. I suspect that anything that can't be readily pryed or sawn off is workable... and so of the previously linked choices the War-Lok looks much better than the Curt. Mine (for a non-Escape fifth-wheel, but the pins are all the same) is the most common design found in RV stores around here; it's nothing special, but closer to the design of the War-Lok. The MasterLock ML387 looks like a solid product, but I don't know anything about it beyond what I see in the online listing.

In addition to legal issues with towing a second trailer behind the Escape (which I understand have already been considered), there is the question of whether or not this towing with the "bike rack" receiver is endorsed by ETI. An attached trailer is very different from a bike rack. I suggest directly asking Reace about this specific plan.

I consider the E-Z Lube feature to be useless, but it is likely a standard feature now and thus a non-issue, and both cheap and harmless even if it is paid for. I'm not questioning the usefulness of this feature for boat trailers, but a travel trailer is not normally driven into water to submerge the hubs. A Google search for "E-Z Lube" in this forum should yield a few previous discussions of this topic for anyone interested.

Since an HDMI cable is required to carry video signals between equipment from this decade, I would certainly include one in any video equipment installation.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Not sure about that. Anywhere in the USA, but I think not Canada. I'm going on posts I vaguely remember. A different company would have the license for the satellite transmission in Canada. Just like I don't get Netflix US at home. I get Netflix Canada ( different content ), unless I do a work around ( a US IPS address ). And, Netflix is starting to police that.
Yeah, my comment wasn't specifically about Dish being available everywhere, but Satellite TV as a technology.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:36 PM   #27

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Satellite TV will work anywhere you can reasonably drive in North America, but (in addition to issues with coverage area for the chosen provider) the further north you go the closer to horizontal the dish will need to be able to see clear sky. At least it doesn't matter how remote your area... as long as you have power for the receiver (most are AC-powered).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:36 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Thanks again. Are there any 12V TV\DVD Units available that will allow the use of Bluetooth to run speakers?
Drumstick63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I got a plug in blue tooth transmitter with rca plug that works with my 12v tv and blue tooth speaker sitting next to me. Got it at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-...th+transmitter
Old 01-27-2015, 08:18 AM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Something like Jim posted, or pretty much any bluetooth transmitter/transceiver will work. Just have to use the appropriate connector from your TV stereo output, to the 3.5 mm jack that most of these devices use.

For both the stereo in my trailer (non-bluetooth), the portable jobsite stereo I usually bring for outside, and even my stereo at home I have used a bluetooth receiver on both of them, giving me the freedom to choose the music of the moment from the 7,000 songs on my phone. We love this, and often pass the phone around to other people to allow them to choose a song or two. While bigger than some bluetooth speakers, I have this jobsite radio (and any stereo with a aux jack will work), works great, and buying the receiver is a darn sight cheaper than buying a new bluetooth speaker for now.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #31

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
I had a second TV outlet installed in the dinette on the drivers side. Have yet to buy a TV, am looking at a 19" or 22".
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #32

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Jon, I see you mentioned you now have a wired backup camera and are happy with it. Can you please give me details as I need to order one pretty quick here and get it to ETI for installation. Thanks.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I just posted the camera information here. The exact model I ordered is no longer available - I have a 5" monitor, but the 7" monitor, 2 camera system is still made.