5.O TA ORDERED now what - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #1

Trailer: ESCAPE 5.0TA in Sept 2014
5.O TA ORDERED now what

I used to camp and have dreamed of returning to my wanderlust ways.Now at retirement age(ish)have committed to a 5.0TA ,very excited.What do I need as options?I have never owned an RV but know it will all be good.SUGGESTIONS….need them.Thank you for any input all you experienced RV FOLKS.
WHATARIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17B
Congrats on your new purchase
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Now what?!? Now the fun begins...

You'll want to spend a lot of time reading past threads on these forums. Lots of great information on available options.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the club! Well, I've owned a bumper pull all molded towable for about 12 years, but moving on to an Escape 5th wheel double-axle (learning curve). Let the fun(er) times begin!

When is your P/U date?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Congratulations! From the day I reserved a date for my 15 back in October 2012 until almost the day I picked it up in May 2013, I read just about every posting on this forum having to do with options. There are differing opinions on just about every one so it really boils down to your camping lifestyle. You'll need to consider that very carefully before making any decisions.

Enjoy the ride!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #6

Trailer: 2012 15A
The great thing about the Escape lineup is that you could be perfectly happy with one right off the shelf. They come so well equipped.

The options can help to make some things that much better and gives you the opportnity to put your personal stamp on what you want the final product to look like. That was an important factor in us choosing The Escape.
Camping with full hook up sites to those with minimal services.
No matter what you chose, you will no doubt be happy with the end results.

As noted in previous posts it all depends on just what kind of camping you are planning to do. And like most people on this site those plans often change as you get more familiar with the things you like to do when you venture off into the great wilds of the USA and Canada. And of course the things you like to do obviously change as you age. There comes a point when the mountains are just too steep to hike up so sitting by the camp fire may become more important.

We love to ride bikes and take our mountain bikes with us wherever we go. Therefore the bike receiver was an important option to us and an easy one to decide on. More and better components on our bikes have helped to make it easier to ride as the years pile on. The same could be true with an RV?

Just keep in mind that some options can be added at a later date with minimal work required. Others are best done at the time of the initial build. And you can always have some optins roughed in for the future like cable ready, or pre-wired for solar or air condition without installing all the equipment.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:34 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATARIDE View Post
I used to camp and have dreamed of returning to my wanderlust ways.Now at retirement age(ish)have committed to a 5.0TA ,very excited.What do I need as options?I have never owned an RV but know it will all be good.SUGGESTIONS….need them.Thank you for any input all you experienced RV FOLKS.
Hi: WHATARIDE... Now what? DREAM...dream,dream,dream!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Ft. Myers Beach Florida for now
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:43 AM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome
Look over your build sheet and put together a list of questions. I've done the same and am waiting for Escape to complete the 1st TA before sending the list to Kim. Much of my list is customization's that are not included on the build sheet, like a U dinette, double sink, etc... Some are just general build questions like how big of a black tank can I get, or how are they raising the trailer for full size trucks (subframe vs riser blocks). Just hanging out here you'll pick up on many modifications that are not standard and may or may not sound like something you want, hence the list, which seems to fluctuate as I add and cross things out.
You've got plenty of time so there is no rush in figuring out what you want.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Welcome and congratulations! Another Escape coming to North Carolina! My 19 is complete and waiting for pickup. I would suggest that you keep a pad handy when reading this forum. I've spent too much time trying to find something that I remembered reading about. Enjoy the fun times creating your one of a kind Escape!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Welcome and congratulations! Another Escape coming to North Carolina! My 19 is complete and waiting for pickup. I would suggest that you keep a pad handy when reading this forum. I've spent too much time trying to find something that I remembered reading about. Enjoy the fun times creating your one of a kind Escape!
Oh Boy, Search... sometimes a nightmare!

My suggestion is to use a tab on your build sheet. Copy the URL from the forum (or other place on the WWW), and put a meaningful topic title in column A, link to thread/topic in column B. Let the computer do the work!
Attached Thumbnails
BuildSheet.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Congrats on your upcoming purchase, and welcome to the site. Exciting times ahead for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATARIDE View Post
What do I need as options?I have never owned an RV but know it will all be good.SUGGESTIONS….need them.
To start with, I would start reading back through a lot of what has been posted. There is now a ton of good ideas and opinions out there. You will soon come to realize that for every trailer owner, there is a different set of specific needs. Some go for as simple as possible, some like all the bells and whistles, and many other trains of thought in the middle. It comes down to how you want to camp, and what you need to do it.

Just remember, it is more about getting out camping to enjoy all it has to offer, than how you are outfit to do it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Here's an old link that would be good to start with...

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ions-1752.html
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #13

Trailer: ESCAPE 5.0TA in Sept 2014
LOL pad idea ….SOOO true.Thanks
WHATARIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #14

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Many people have listed their build sheets in the forums and they include all the options. I made a list of everything people ordered then went through the forums to see the pros and cons for each item on the list. That helped a lot. Of course, just when you think you're finished, someone comes up with another great idea ....
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote