8-10 year old Escape repairs? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
8-10 year old Escape repairs?

Considering purchase of older Escape and curious about parts and repairs. If the trailer is well out of warranty what kind of support can we expect from ETI?

I presume any equipment (heater, refrigerator, etc.) problems would need to be handled through the manufacturer. It looks like ETI uses fairly standard, common appliances so parts should be available. Actual repairs can probably be done at the local RV dealer (ugh).

For fiberglass repairs it would probably be off to the boatyard. Running gear should be available nearly anywhere, with most mechanics able to perform the repair.

From reading the forum it looks like a lot of owners handle their own repairs/modifications, and take great pleasure in doing so.

Is there anything unique to Escape trailers that could pose a problem? Am I missing anything?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Mike an Escape trailer uses the same stoves, furnace etc. used by other manufacturers so parts should be available from your nearest RV parts dept. Axle assembly’s are by Dexter so parts are not a problem.
Maintenance is the usual, grease bearings, adjust brakes do chalking and so on.
Electrical and plumbing parts are either available at the RV parts or hardware store.
As far as support from ETI let them know what trailer you have bought or are looking at with serial number and they will let you know about any recalls, the one that stands out is a frame reinforcement recall, I believe they will still send out the parts but better to check with them if in fact it hasn’t already been done.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Everything tends to wear out in time. Never had any appliance issues with our 2007 5.0. But two years ago since we were out on the coast had Escape replace a few things. New water pump and plastic parts that were worn two vents and the power cord pass through.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
...Maintenance is the usual, grease bearings, adjust brakes do chalking and so on....
"Do chalking"? What's that? Trying to figure out where chalk comes into play....
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
"caulking" would fit.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
It looks like a trailer I am considering has not had the frame recall done. How critical is it to get it done right away? I understand Rease will supply the parts still, but not pay for the correction. How involved is it, and what would be a ball park cost?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
It looks like a trailer I am considering has not had the frame recall done. How critical is it to get it done right away? I understand Rease will supply the parts still, but not pay for the correction. How involved is it, and what would be a ball park cost?

I would send Reace an email, ETI was paying for the repair to be welded in previously.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
"Do chalking"? What's that? Trying to figure out where chalk comes into play....

Don’t you just love autocorrect.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Don’t you just love autocorrect.

Autoerrect.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I had my 17 done in October, 2015 at a local metal works - $36.72 including tax.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
I wouldn't panic, but I would immediately inspect for cracks, and I would get the fix done without excessive delay even if there are no cracks.

These are safety-related recalls (although not registered with the national government agencies as is normal practice), and I would expect Escape to continue to pay for both the parts and the work (within a limit) indefinitely. The first frame recall is still listed on the Escape Warranty web page, with a link to a detailed document, but strangely not the second recall which is specific to only the 19' model with 3" frame (detailed description starts at post #25 of that discussion).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote