90 Degree Entry Door - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I did not say a different door, the door is the same but it now has a stop attached at the bottom, remove this stop and it will open like the conventional door, except now you need a conventional holder we all have , the white plastic hold back on the body and door exterior. Escape still has those holder available.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #42

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17’ SD, Escape 21 on order
If it helps the beer entry towards the refrigerator on a hot summer day, than it is worth it.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #43

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I did not say a different door, the door is the same but it now has a stop attached at the bottom, remove this stop and it will open like the conventional door, except now you need a conventional holder we all have , the white plastic hold back on the body and door exterior. Escape still has those holder available.
Maybe I am beating a dead horse, but I truly disliked the door when I saw it, then loved it after using it for 5 weeks. I like best that I can reach out to open and close it without getting out of the trailer. I also like that it doesn't cover the window. It never blew closed in even the biggest of winds. So, I suggest if you haven't actually tried it yet - you might be surprised.
Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Yes, I agree that sometimes change is good, I'll have at least 2 weeks use with it at 90 degrees before getting home and then I'll decide.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #45

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
If it helps the beer entry towards the refrigerator on a hot summer day, than it is worth it.
Yes, the 90 degree door is much easier to carry a full case of beer into and out of the camper. You just open the door latch and the door opens automatically for you, so you have less chance of dropping your precious cargo. Being the door only opens 90 degrees, if you've had too much to drink, the door won't get away from you, banging into the camper, you won't fall off the step trying to grab and close a 180 degree door with latch, and when you lose your footing going out, it will help guide you to the ground.

Like Tam2004, we also have five weeks with the door and really appreciate the fact it doesn't open 180 degrees. It opens automatically, is right there, next to your step, easy to grab to close, has yet to be in the way, don't have to use those damn outside clips to keep the door open, and at least once helped guide me to the ground (we're wine drinkers).

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Technique

Let me direct you to an imbibing technique that is far less dangerous than going in and out of a camper with stairs. An adequate supply of beverages is stockpiled outside of the camper. Comfortable chair located and set up. Imbibing proceeds until a condition called stupor is reached. Deep relaxation sometimes called sleep, other times called passing out ensues. When the coma ends the subject wakes up, looks around and wobbles off for an at grade restroom. Steps are to be avoided at all cost and caution. Promises made like “ i will be in shortly, I will bring your chair back to you, I will watch your cooler” are null and void when this technique is used.
Iowa Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 87A745C5-4E33-4D07-86B5-D221905118C1.jpg (351.0 KB, 7 views)