A Little Different U-Shape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
matzam29, Picture the standard dinette. Remove the tabletop and pedestals. Now picture a board 12" deep and cut to the width necessary to span across the back, from bench lip to bench lip. Cover this board with foam and fabric, and you have created a 'Lounge' that can be converted back to a standard dinette. The factory installed U-Shaped dinette has a permanent rear bench and the tabletop has been shortened to make room for the permanent rear bench.
Also, in a 21 and 5.0TA the batteries are placed under the rear bench of the factory installed U-Shaped dinette. In the modified U-Shape described above, the batteries remain under the curb side dinette bench. Hope this helps
Thanks for your explanation. Just getting ideas whether I should go with a permanent U-shape lounge or filler board. Personally, I'm liking the permanent U-shape....it looks more cozy and the bench seat is bigger.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzam29 View Post
Thanks for your explanation. Just getting ideas whether I should go with a permanent U-shape lounge or filler board. Personally, I'm liking the permanent U-shape....it looks more cozy and the bench seat is bigger.
With the 19 you would have very little foot room left with the bench. At least with the board you have the flexibility to remove it and still comfortably seat 4. Though maybe this is not a consideration for you.

For us it is imperative that we can comfortably sit 4, as a card game on a miserable night happens. Our table in the 19 got used for that, much more than for eating.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:03 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
With the 19 you would have very little foot room left with the bench. At least with the board you have the flexibility to remove it and still comfortably seat 4. Though maybe this is not a consideration for you.

For us it is imperative that we can comfortably sit 4, as a card game on a miserable night happens. Our table in the 19 got used for that, much more than for eating.
"Never count your money while you're sitt'n at the table, they'll be time enough for count'n............"

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

Forgot to mention that this U-shape lounge area will be at the rear of the trailer. The front will be a permanent bed.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzam29 View Post
Forgot to mention that this U-shape lounge area will be at the rear of the trailer. The front will be a permanent bed.
Okay then, that is a whole different story. It is so much bigger there than in the 21 or 5.0TA. I would do the bench without reservation.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We love the U-Dinette in our 19 at the front. The back location would be even better for it.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:27 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
"Never count your money while you're sitt'n at the table, they'll be time enough for count'n............"
Hi: Steve Clark... As I always say "Never hatchet your Counts, before they chicken"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #28
Art

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I've seen several different measurements,but can someone just tell me how long the table is in the standard and the u dinette.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I've seen several different measurements,but can someone just tell me how long the table is in the standard and the u dinette.
Hi Art, I don't know about the standard table, but the factory installed U-Shaped Dinette for the 21 has a tabletop measurement of 29 1/4" deep X 35 1/2" wide. The front corners have about a 6" cut at a 45* angle to ease entry into the side benches.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #30

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA (sold) '13 Tundra DC 4.6 tow
Resurrecting an old thread -
We just added an 18" deep filler board and cushion to our option sheet that ETI will provide prior to our pickup this spring. I also ordered the Springfield pedestal.
We're thinking about cutting the standard table down to ~ 18" deep to create more of a lounge area similar to what drpaddle has done with Toto. We already have the flip up counter extensions on both sides of the dinette, so there should be plenty of space for small plates and beverages.
Great ideas here!
Chuck
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:09 AM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Maybe think about keeping standard table and having a small table also made. That would not cost much and you might even have to pay extra to have the standard cut down. Also mock up an 18" table and see what you think. We didn't like it and made a 23" instead.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Maybe think about keeping standard table and having a small table also made. That would not cost much and you might even have to pay extra to have the standard cut down. Also mock up an 18" table and see what you think. We didn't like it and made a 23" instead.
That's a great idea - thank you.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
I decided to go with this 24" round table. Provides a bit more flexibility for the U dinette in the 19........I hope

[ATTACH]20445[/AT
Attached Thumbnails
Breton round table.jpg  
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #34

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Chuck
How's the filler board work with the non removable pedestal? Is the filler bd going to become your table top?
Old 12-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Chuck
How's the filler board work with the non removable pedestal? Is the filler bd going to become your table top?
The filler board will convert our standard dinette into a U shape in terms of seating area, like the OP envisioned. I'm hoping to mount the smaller table on the Springfield like this:
New, improved dinette table for our Escape 21 | Follow Toto

I'm going to try to cut down and finish the existing table once we decide on the exact size we want. We'll see if my skills are up to the task.
Chuck
Old 12-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #36

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Got it, thanks.