A question for the ladies about colors - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
A question for the ladies about colors

A question for the ladies about colors. I'm asking this question to the ladies about colors because I think the guys will think it's kind of silly, but I think the women understand. I am almost embarrassed to ask the question. When choosing colors for the outside vinyl stripe I have gone back-and-forth on choosing a color that matches my Tow vehicle or a completely different color that I just like. Our tow vehicle matches the dark red sample almost perfectly and I know it would look nice. But my other choice was real teal. I really like that color and I'm doing the inside of the trailer in that color. I know the inside and outside don't need to match and it makes more sense to make it match your tow vehicle and that is why I chose the red almost just because I thought I should,but I keep having these second thoughts about the real teal. My question is does anyone have any thoughts on this? ...that is beside the thought that this may really be silly to ponder over this.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, pulled by 2018 F150 EcoBoost
Sorry, this is a guy answering your post!
You will probably own four or more tow vehicles during the life of your trailer, I would pick the color I like and match the next tow vehicle to it.
pstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I think anything goes - you might change your tow vehicle so I wouldn't worry about matching that.

Having said that, we went with silver graphics which I love because it's subtle and to me, looks good with the white/black/silver that is already on the trailer and our tow vehicle. Our interior is creamy white with lots of bright color accents, but mostly teal, and all done with pillows and fabrics. My thought there was that I could change the color scheme if I get bored with it.

So essentially, I went neutral with easy to change bright pillows so I wouldn't have to commit to anything!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyer View Post
Sorry, this is a guy answering your post!
You will probably own four or more tow vehicles during the life of your trailer, I would pick the color I like and match the next tow vehicle to it.
Another guy answering...not only might you change tow vehicles but you might also get two foot itus when Escape comes out with the 23ft

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I think anything goes - you might change your tow vehicle so I wouldn't worry about matching that.

Having said that, we went with silver graphics which I love because it's subtle and to me, looks good with the white/black/silver that is already on the trailer and our tow vehicle. Our interior is creamy white with lots of bright color accents, but mostly teal, and all done with pillows and fabrics. My thought there was that I could change the color scheme if I get bored with it.

So essentially, I went neutral with easy to change bright pillows so I wouldn't have to commit to anything!
Jill, that sounds like good advice. Sounds like my mom she always told me to go with neutral choices in the home because if I pick something too colorful or busy I would get tired of it soon. And that's what I have done most of my life, just accessorized with colors. I did go with neutral countertops and floors In an off white pattern but with teal cushions and I will add other colors with pillows and the bedspread. One good thing about teal you can add colors to make it look like spring or colors to make it look like fall. Thanks for your comments!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #6

Anybody else do a red vehicle with teal stripe on their escape?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17 B
We went back and forth on choosing a graphic color also. One factor was resale and changing TV.
In the end we went with black, belly band will be left black. hopefully it will all flow nicely.
Bottom line is go with what makes you smile, it's what it's all about.
Pfaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
If you always want a red car- go for the red. If you change colors with cars, go for the teal. (Those would be my choices, too.) If you love the teal, go for it, and get a teal TV next time. (Harder to find, though.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 2005 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17
Send a message via Skype™ to mdnf
What was your first choice or instinct. Often the first choice is the right one.
mdnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
A question for the ladies about colors. I'm asking this question to the ladies about colors because I think the guys will think it's kind of silly, but I think the women understand.
I ask my wife about colors, not because she's a woman, but because she has a good color-eye, as does her brother, another artist. She picked the "Teal".

One of our sons has that same "color" gene.
The other two are like me, sound/music 'genes'.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #11
Art

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Yet another guy putting in his two cents worth, but I figure my tow vehicle will always be white as it goes with any color so my outside color was based on what I was drawn to.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Yet another guy putting in his two cents worth, but I figure my tow vehicle will always be white as it goes with any color so my outside color was based on what I was drawn to.
White varies greatly, from cold blue/white to warm yellow/white. The two can actually clash. Much better odds of a fit if you go radically different.
Look how much better the trailer looks if the propane tank cover is painted with Krylon Fusion Dover White.
Attached Thumbnails
Krylon Fusion Dover White.jpg  
Old 03-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #13

Trailer: August 2017 17b
Bottom line is go with what makes you smile, it's what it's all about." I second that!
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
I agree with the posters who pointed out that you may have several TVs. Go with the color that makes you happy
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Unhook the tow vehicle and park it behind that tree.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:48 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
well, if you want to matchy match go with red as long as you LOVE it....the complement of red is green so teal would be close to that and if you LOVE it, it will look great, might be the bridge between the outside and the inside. We used teal and I love it with the white and we do have teal in the trailer. Our TV is a gold tan color.
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:55 PM   #17

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
All colours match!!! My TV is red and I got Yellow-Green and Purple graphics on my trailer!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:55 PM   #18

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
I ask my wife about colors, not because she's a woman, but because she has a good color-eye, as does her brother, another artist. She picked the "Teal".

One of our sons has that same "color" gene.
The other two are like me, sound/music 'genes'.
Back and forth with red and my favorite real teal . Got the teal as you saw . Didn't know you did the same . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #19

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I like red might go with that but I'm buying a new tow so I will wait might want to match it. Inside I use a lot of Pendleton blankets,pillows etc so I'm using colors that will look good with them.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Back and forth with red and my favorite real teal . Got the teal as you saw . Didn't know you did the same . Pat
Do you have photos Pat?