A Shout Out of Thanks to Anne H. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Re: A Shout Out of Thanks to Anne H.

Actually, this discussion just points out the value of this forum. I wish it had existed before I bought my Escape.
And, it points out the value Tammy and Reace bring to their product by accommodating their customers.
The ideas that make sense ( weight and cost have to be considered ) have been incorporated or added to options.

I'd like an 18' trailer, but I don't think I'll ever see it on the options list.

baglo
Old 08-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #22

Interesting conversation...I think I may have learned soemthing new tonight...when the posts refer to 'lego' blocks are you talking about the chunks of wood that are placed under the jacks? .....or is this some new kind of actual block made just for going under the jacks?
eskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #23

I think they are referring to commercially available plastic "blocks" ( look more like wafers ) that stack. They're about 12" x 12" by 2" high and brilliant orange or green so you don't leave them behind, and they come in a fabric case. I bought them because you have to buy stuff, but, if I didn't already have them, I'd cut up chunks of scrap 2 x 6 just like the ones I used to have. They are a lot cheaper, they blend in with the ground so you don't have to hide them when taking pictures of your trailer and if need be, you can use them as kindling. Downside is that wood is heavier.

baglo
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #24

Good place to look at trailer accessories is etrailer.com

Some stuff can be shipped from their warehouse in Ontario so you don't have to deal with customs and brokerage ( place a phone order to make sure ).

baglo
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: nadia...Lego blocks for big kids toys...That's what they are.
To compensate for the axle lift on our 5.0 I used some leftover pieces of 5/4ths. deck boards with short pieces of cedar 4X4 screwed onto them "T" shaped. They work just fine for both the front landing gear and the rear stabilizers. Won't leave home without them!!! A few extra pieces of scrap decking in the truck box and we're good to go!!!
Attached Thumbnails
three point landing.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.
I can't help myself.... I've been here since Rease first posted on FiberglassRV and asked "what would you want." He and Tammy listened to the owners of different brands and built the first trailer based on feedback. Since then, there's been great changes... but the one thing that's NEVER changed is the fact they listen to their customers. IF it looks like it would be a good change for MOST of their customers, they initiate it. But one thing that's NEVER changed is their customer service. It is the most stellar in the molded fiberglass industry. And, that's one thing that's not in dispute on any forum... and I belong to seven!

IF and when I can get the trailer of my dreams (5.0) I hope Rease and Tammy load the back end up with so many brochures, I'd scrape the trailer pulling out of driveways

Alf, you are my hero/ You were a died-in-the-wool Boler owner (Tours Light) and look at what you are tugging now!!!!

Back to your regular topic....
Hi: Donna D... Just glad I kept in touch with the previous owners!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 08-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #27

Thanks for the explanation baglo and escapeartist on the 'lego' blocks. I've always used wood chunks...now I'll look up 'lego' blocks, as my wood chunks are pretty heavy (6x6 and 4x4's). I have the high lift axle too.

Thanks!
eskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

My lego blocks are yellow! Love, love yellow... reminds me of sun and sun makes me happy, happy! But yeah, I've seen them in other colors. I was afraid if I hauled wood chunks and it was cold out and I didn't use them leveling the trailer, I'd THINK about throwing the wood chunks on the fire
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #29

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

You can see the "lego blocks" underneath Hokie. They are light weight, stable, easily cleaned, and you only have to buy them once, so really, not a great expense in the long run. When I used 2X's in the past, if it rained, or was slightly muddy, they were slimy!!! I have 2 sets, one for the front and one for the back/and wheels. Wouldn't leave home without them. Available at any Walmart.
Attached Thumbnails
Legoblocks.jpg  
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #30

Folks, and Donna
All I said was wouldnt it be nice to have the option of scissors jacks to be able to level a trailer.

Now it has gotten way out in left field.
I am not running down Escape trailers.
I am not runninig down Reece or Tammy,
In fact my wife loves the trailer.

I just think that if an something could be added to make my life easier, why not.

Personaly I do not believe in carrying a cord of wood or a basket of lego blocks is the way to go.

When I park the trailer I get out and crank down the stabalizer arms, after jockeying the trailer onto a pile of 2X10 blocks, I would just like to crank down the jacks once and have an end to it. Nothing else, end of story.

It seems that if one makes a comment on here to improve ones life, it is taken that one is attacking Escape or Reece and Tammy, that is not the case.

If Donna wants to carry a cord of wood to level a trailer or someone else wants to carry a bushel of lego blocks, good for them, go for it. I just like to keep things simple, for myself, and would like the option of just cranking down four jacks. But lets not get off into left field over this.

As I said, when I was recently down there, Reece and Tammy were away, and I brought this issue up with Dave, the shop foreman, and as I noted, in a previous posting, this can be done in the plant.

I will be bringing this up with Reece in a couple of weeks, it is 2314 kilometers from my home to the escape factory, and I have to go back and have the fridge checked as it has not worked on 119 volts since we purchased the trailer.
Doug

Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #31

Hi: All... I just hope Anne H. doesn't mind a little spirited discourse on her "Thankyou Thread".
As in all things, opinions differ...and everyone has the right to theirs. Offering Y/MHO up can make it a target for those with other views.
I find the front independent electric landing gear and the rear BAL type stabilizers, on our 5.0, perform their jobs adequately. I do however add some form of pads on the ground for the feet to...land on.
If I had to replace the rear stabilizers I would certainly add the BAL brand to our Escape 5.0...but then again "That's only ME!!! Alf
Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Firstly, apologies to Anne H. on the thread hijacking.

A cord of wood is 128 cubic feet, bushel is 1.2417 cubic feet.....just sayin'

I carry ten 2x6x10" treated boards, nicely beveled on the ends. This comes out to just under 1/2 cubic foot. I have lots of room to store, and it only takes less than a minute to set them up.

I would get a set of the Lego blocks if they weren't so stupidly expensive and an absolutely god awful colour.

We boondock most of the time, and you need the full area of one of these blocks most often on the base of the stabilizer or jack would sink into the ground.

I do wish the arms of the stabilizers were a bit longer, especially with the lift axles, though in hind sight I would not have gotten the lift axles. I have driven on some very rough trails and have never come close to having an issue.

I am interested to hear from Reace if the jacks lifting the trailer off the ground would be a concern as far as stress on the frame. Right now I would be a bit cautious, not really wanting to lift too much.

On a side note, my fridge quit recently on electric. Reace figures it is the electric thermostat, but I am just going to go to a local shop to have them check it out and fix it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist
If I had to replace the rear stabilizers I would certainly add the BAL brand to our Escape 5.0...but then again "That's only ME!!! Alf
Yeah, me too. I really like the look of their products. The BAL X-chocks really took a lot of the bounce out of our trailer, but they are only an option with dual axles.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Escape
Folks, and Donna
All I said was wouldnt it be nice to have the option of scissors jacks to be able to level a trailer.
Doug

Hey, we're good! I wonder what buying the scissors jack you want from a wrecking yard would cost?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #35

Princess Auto (Spring and Summer 2011)

HEAVY DUTY RV SCISSOR JACK page 111

SKU 8180580 Weight 31.8 Lb

5,000 capacity

Min. 4" height 24" max.

Top bracket can be mounted to RV

Cost $99.99

Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote