All plug inverter question - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
Our trailer has the 1 outlet, and the one on the inverter itself. We are the second owner, so it was not a choice.

I would probably order the transfer switch if I was ordering a new trailer, but I admit we have made do with the one. We mostly use it for the TV with the outlet below the fridge, and we plug the DISH RX directly into the inverter since they are both below the front driver's side bench seat.
Hi Dan. Back home yet? Rally was a blast!

We were thinking about the all plug inverter but probably just to watch tv like you and Chris. Do you find the inverter tends to pull more juice than item it's powering? I fear it might be an electric hig.

Greg
Old 02-26-2016, 08:43 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Hi Dan. Back home yet? Rally was a blast!

We were thinking about the all plug inverter but probably just to watch tv like you and Chris. Do you find the inverter tends to pull more juice than item it's powering? I fear it might be an electric hig.

Greg
Rally was fun. Not home yet. We have been at SKP Saguaro in Benson AZ since Sunday, Gilbert Ray near Tuscon before that, SKP Rover's Roost in Casa Grande before that. Meeting some RV friends in Tuscon tomorrow for a couple days, then home.

I put my voltmeter in a 12v jack and turned on the inverter with nothing connected to it and I can see the voltage drop maybe a couple of tenths of a volt when I turn it on, and then go back up when I turn it back off so there is a small parasitic drain. I didn't record the actual amount.

I think it is completely off when it is turned off by the remote switch. I suppose there might be a tiny amount of drain to power the circuit for the remote switch. If there is, I think it is inconsequential.

We are running 2 6v batteries. Our 90 watt solar panels seem to be able to more than compensate for TV and DISH receiver, and anything else we use. We do not have a blender or any hair appliances so I cannot advise on that.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote