Another build sheet signed and turned in - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2016, 09:02 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 21 ft. with 2013 F150 Tug
Another build sheet signed and turned in

I know how every one likes to see the build sheets that people turn in so here's ours for our 21'er which is due August 30 2016. Here we go.
2 way hot water heater
toilet shut off valve
oven with 3 burner stove
stainless sink and chrome faucet
1 additional 120 outlet
1 exterior 12 volt outlet
1 additional 12v/usb interior outlet
dual 6v batteries
surge protector
solar panel
1 additional exterior led light
extra insulation and thermal windows
2 led captains reading lamps
air conditioning with digital thermostat
stereo/dvd player with 4 speakers
tv ready
jack tv antenna
exterior hatch
microwave
additional door on bed
2 counter extensions in dinette area
starter kit
storage cubby outside bathroom
storage box
u shape dinette
18" filler board
2 reinforced walls (2 and 4)
will not have dinette installed
water filter
sand pads
battleship gray graphics

Now we just wait till August.
grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:11 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Looks like a great setup to me. Are you picking it up or having it delivered ?
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Looks great, well thought out. What do you have planned for the dinette?

Greg
Old 01-31-2016, 11:33 AM   #4

bob, we are planning to drive out and pick it up, we love it out west so it will probably be a slow drive home.
Greg, we're just going to use the flip ups as our dinette and with the 18" filler board we'll make a lounging area.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:57 PM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by grump View Post
(snip) Greg, we're just going to use the flip ups as our dinette and with the 18" filler board we'll make a lounging area.
That's what we're going to do as well! So looking forward to that feature, with my kitties snuggled up to me (Dirk won't be along on most of my early trips).
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Looks like a great list. Assume you know that the captain's lights at the bed are standard so maybe you mean at the dinette. Assume you are also getting the standard table and keeping elsewhere.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #7

Yes, the the two extra captains are for the dinette area and if the flip up counters don't work out like we hope we can install the dinette, but probably with a different type of pedestal.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:52 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Congratulations. Getting that signed sheet in makes it seem even more real.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
Just finished build sheet and signed on the line!!! dotted the i's and crossed the t's and happy to be finished and ready to see June Bug in May along with all you folks who helped us navigate this new world of trailer ownership! Couldn't be happier with our choice.
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Yahoo!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #11

We sent the rest of the money by wire today so it's definitely feeling real now.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We mailed our final check this week too. Based upon the conversion rate we get, it will cover almost all of it. Once we know what is left, we'll call and finish it off with a credit card. It sure does feel good

Quote:
Originally Posted by grump View Post
We sent the rest of the money by wire today so it's definitely feeling real now.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #13

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Must be the week, or something in the water as they say. Because I signed off on my build sheet this afternoon. Will pay the remaining $ 1300.00 off tomorrow by credit card. now the long wait till October.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #14

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Trailer is paid for!

I drove up there today and handed them a check to pay off our trailer as well. They're only 3 hours away and it's an easy drive.

Got stuck with two poopy border guys (one for each direction). They both asked me why my husband wasn't with me if we were both buying the trailer (among a ton of other questions). WTF? What difference does that make when I told them I was going up to give them a big check as I didn't want to trust it to the postal systems. I was rather offended and thought it was sexist to ask that.

And be prepared to rattle off your license plate number if they ask ya. Yep, got asked that and fortunately I know my plate and what the PK part of it stands for (WA State Parks). Jeez.

Anyway, it's great to have it paid off. However, the exchange rate was not quite as much in our favor today. On Jan 18th it was 1.4386 and today it was 1.3605. An almost $1500 difference. Ouch!

I also went by Pioneer Building and ordered the flooring. They'll hold on to it for however long they need to. Figured I'd order it now instead of later and the supplier is out of it and there's a delay due to that. There was a bit of anxiety on my part as Jackie said they switched distributors for that brand and they weren't carrying all of the styles. But she tracked it down, found they had enough inventory on hand and ordered it. Whew!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
It's part of their job to pull your chain a little...gauge the reaction by asking the unexpected question. Doesn't pay to get peeved with a border guard and show it, especially one from the other country!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
What is it with those border crossings? Some can be almost a pleasure and the next one will leave a very bad taste in your mouth. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
It's part of their job to pull your chain a little...gauge the reaction by asking the unexpected question. Doesn't pay to get peeved with a border guard and show it, especially one from the other country!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
What is it with those border crossings? Some can be almost a pleasure and the next one will leave a very bad taste in your mouth. Loren
Yeah, I know that's part of their job, but still! And, no I didn't show i was peeved. I waited till I was home and vented to the husband.

Probably depends on how bored they are! I also got the FJ sniffed all over by a dog before I crossed over to Canada. They were checked every vehicle. Don't know what the dog was checking for.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:32 AM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
You can tell by the breed.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:44 AM   #19

Trailer: 2012 15A
Had the license plate number question asked when we crossed into Washington State last Nov. To make it even more complicated he didn't ask for the vehicle plate, he asked for the trailer license plate number. The vehicle I knew, the trailer WTF, as the saying goes, eh, NW Cat Owner?? The border guard said it's OK, he would go to the back of the trailer and look it up himself, then entered it into his computer.

He asked me to roll down the back side window in the vehicle, it has privacy glass, so he could see inside. He didn't ask to see inside the trailer and asked very few questions about what we had inside that trailer. I was expecting more questions about what we were bringing across in the trailer. We had very few food items to make it simple at the border. Felt it was easier just to buy what we needed once we were across the border and pay the exchange rate at that time of 37%! Ouch!! But we still got cheaper gas down there even with the extra 37%.

After a few standard questions he lightened up and we had a great little chat about why he moved from Yuma AZ to Blaine WA - way too hot for him to sit sweating all day at a border crossing in the summer in AZ. Then I had a few questions for him and off we went.

But my favorite question he asked was something like; "Do you know any terrorists, or have you talked to or associated with any know terrorists in the last few weeks?" I restrained myself from laughing and politely said "No". He should have know we're too polite in Canada to associate with terrorists, eh!

Sorry for being so long winded.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:59 AM   #20

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post

Probably depends on how bored they are! I also got the FJ sniffed all over by a dog before I crossed over to Canada. They were checked every vehicle. Don't know what the dog was checking for.
Maybe the dog smelled CAT??
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote