Another pick up trip - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Another pick up trip

We left home on June 25. Spent some days visiting our son & family near Knoxville. Left there on July 1. Trying to make about 400 mpd so we can get to Chilliwack by July 9. Spent the first night in Mt. Vernon, IL. Then; Manhattan, KS and Burlington, CO. Stopped early and visited my sister in Denver for the 4th. Then on the road again to Rawlins, WY after a stop at Sierra Trading Post in Cheyenne. Tonight we are in Heyburn, Idaho.
I really do not like this kind of travel where I have a deadline to meet. Have seen a lot of possibly interesting places to stop, but no time to enjoy the trip. Will be so happy to pick up The Home and we can start to take our time. And no matter how nice the motel--it is still a motel and not my camper.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Yes, wish we could take the trailer up to pick up the trailer!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:40 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmath View Post
We left home on June 25. Spent some days visiting our son & family near Knoxville. Left there on July 1. Trying to make about 400 mpd so we can get to Chilliwack by July 9. Spent the first night in Mt. Vernon, IL. Then; Manhattan, KS and Burlington, CO. Stopped early and visited my sister in Denver for the 4th. Then on the road again to Rawlins, WY after a stop at Sierra Trading Post in Cheyenne. Tonight we are in Heyburn, Idaho.
I really do not like this kind of travel where I have a deadline to meet. Have seen a lot of possibly interesting places to stop, but no time to enjoy the trip. Will be so happy to pick up The Home and we can start to take our time. And no matter how nice the motel--it is still a motel and not my camper.
I hear you loud and clear and cannot agree more. We drove from Florida to Ferndale, WA in four days......marathon drive under a "deadline." Hate motels also, and not being able to stop and see/do things. The return trip from Chilliwack, which ends today actually (stopped last evening 3 hours from home) has been far more enjoyable.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Yes, wish we could take the trailer up to pick up the trailer!
We kinda did... The original plan was to order a new trailer for spring 2014 and go out and pick it up. My wife had a conference to attend in Victoria, so we'd drive her out to her conference, pick up the trailer, and take our time getting home.

In June of 2013, our trailer came available on the lot. We had some quick discussions and figured the extra season of use was worth the delivery charge, so we bought it and had them deliver it to us in June of 2013.

We still did the cross canada trip for the wife's conference. And were still stupidly fast getting out there (Ottawa to Victoria in 5 days; we wanted most of our camping to be after the conference, just because of the season and weather) -- we just had the trailer behind us on the way out.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #5

Umatilla, Oregon tonight--Chilliwack tomorrow! Best Western was already booked up, so we will be at the Vedder River Inn again. I like that one also, and the prices are a little better.

I was kind of hoping someone from the west coast would express an interest in my classic so I could make the trip a twofer. Unfortunately, I was already on the road for a day when I got a query from BC.

The new refrigerator did inspire some interest.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I've chuckled over the thought that all this fridge chat made me remember the classic movie "Reefer Madness"

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #7

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I've chuckled over the thought that all this fridge chat made me remember the classic movie "Reefer Madness"
Can't say I remember anything about refrigerators in that movie. But, then again, I wasn't in the best frame of mind to remember all the details, other than how silly it was. HA!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #8

We are back in Chilliwack. Same room as our first pick-up in 2011.

I had forgotten how arid eastern Oregon is.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #9

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Congratulations Dick & Joanne on your pick up of your new 5.0TA! We leave to go pick up ours in 52 days!
Hope we get to meet again this time we'll have our own!
Enjoy your trip home!
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #10

Picked up yesterday. Stayed in the Lynden KOA. Leaving tomorrow for a slow trip to Bandon on Tuesday. We spent yesterday and this morning buying supplies and the rest of the day arranging. I need to get my hi-gain router hooked up, but I did not send Reace quite enough cable for his installation so I need to find a 3 foot extension. Best Buy and Radio Shack let me down (although BB had a microwave to fit the space) so I will probably have to special order a cable.
The best part of this trip has begun!
Old 07-11-2015, 11:26 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Captmath, what type cable? I'm only a couple miles from this store and could bring it to you on Thursday at Bandon.

Computer and Audio Video Cables at Discount Prices

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 07-11-2015, 11:32 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Dick & Joanne, have a good trip and we'll be following you in 2 months with a 21. We are planning to spend our first night in a campground with Charlie & Lucy and compare notes. Plus I need to plan a route home. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #13

Trailer: 5.0TA Hopeful
Dick, I know you will enjoy settling into the TA on the way home. I'm still in Santa Barbara, but hope to return East around the time you do. Happy trails, Paul
JPCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Captmath, what type cable? I'm only a couple miles from this store and could bring it to you on Thursday at Bandon.

Computer and Audio Video Cables at Discount Prices
Thanks. It is an RP-TNC male/female. I don't think your source has it, but I will be glad to pay you to pick it up if they do. I can order it from the people who make the router and hook it up when I get home.

Dick
Old 07-14-2015, 11:32 PM   #15

Spent two nights at Longview KOA. Tried to visit a local winery, but neither one was open on Monday or Tuesday. Left there late this morning and checked in at Bandon about 5:30. Lots of Casitas, Escapes and one Scamp. One other TA so far. Now I have to find the site sign I printed last month. Good luck with that. ��
Old 07-14-2015, 11:59 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Spent two nights at Longview KOA. Tried to visit a local winery, but neither one was open on Monday or Tuesday. Left there late this morning and checked in at Bandon about 5:30. Lots of Casitas, Escapes and one Scamp. One other TA so far. Now I have to find the site sign I printed last month. Good luck with that. ��
Wish we could be there. Hopefully someone will show us the sea of trailers. Hope your new Escape is doing well.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:21 PM   #17

Not so much a sea here. Lots of trees to break up the crowd. I have met a few forum friends. That is always nice.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Quote:
Not so much a sea here. Lots of trees to break up the crowd. I have met a few forum friends. That is always nice.
We'll be rolling into Bandon Thursday mid afternoon; my store had a few different cables and I wasn't sure which one would work so you get to order it instead.............

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 07-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #19

Thank you for looking. I will get my order in now.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:47 PM   #20

Ok. Back online. Two nights in Tillicum SP Oregon, then 3 nights at Cape Disappointment, WA. Two really nice places and I enjoyed not having to worry about water or battery shortages during the stay. Last night and tonight at Canal Locks, Oregon. Spent the day visiting waterfalls, the Bonneville dam and hatchery. There really are steelhead--I saw them.
Only problems so far: Toilet is leaking at a connection somewhere. Clean water runs out from underneath. The tank level monitor for the gray tank does not work. The tank overflowed into the kitchen sink and the monitor said it was still empty. The outside cable connector does not seem to be connected to either of the two inside connectors. I got a good picture when I ran the cable directly from the post to the TV, but nothing from either connection. I will have to ask Reace where the splitter is hiding since that is probably the culprit. The tank monitor is the only real problem since an overflow can get messy. Thetford should fix the toilet under warrantee when I get home.
Everything else is going really well. Our first day of rain since we just missed the flooding in Abeliene, KS on the way out.