Anyone have construction problems? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #121

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Hi Dave from WesternHardware,
We ordered a set yesterday and looking forward to installing, they look really good and I trust Pat's opinion having already installed a set.
We'll need to watch inventory on these as we may want a spare set to keep in the cabinet.
Now, maybe we can work with you on designing a better hinge for the bathroom door. That will still apply to the current models as well as past models.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #122

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Was thinking the same thing Greg; know many out there are still trying to find a Dicor 4-way slide but it doesn't seem like it is possible now.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #123

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Seeing our less than 11 month old hinges are already corroding and seeing that there may be limited supply in the future and seeing that my mind made me think there would be a run on the hinges and all the other dire consequences my brain conjured up, I ordered some. Dave at WH said he has been getting 20+ orders a day for the past few days. And I called myself paranoid! I readjusted my thinking and now think of myself as a visionary. Right behind Pat and the 60 other people who ordered before me. Wait...that just makes me a sheeple...great.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #124
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I'm ok with being a sheeple - with nice shiny new hinges. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #125

Trailer: 19' - Picking up November 29, 2017
You must have been on the R-Pod forum. I spent time there also and even put money down on a 179 model but backed out after reading about problem after problem. Big problems. Anyway we're zeroing in on placing an order for a 19' Escape. Does everyone think the counter to cabinet pole remedies the roof cracking?
Dan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. As some of you have read from my previous posts, I'm trying to decide what to purchase. I recently had a month long rental in a 32' motor home and realized it was way too big, so I'm looking for something smaller.

Hubby is a very smart man (one reason I decided he was a keeper) in that he knows whatever I'm happy with, he's happy with, so he's letting me do all the research. We both agree we detest leather furniture and that's all most of the rigs I've looked at over the past 6 months have. Yuck.

Anyway, I've been reading forums for other companies, to get information and all that. And one constant seems to be the various problems owners have with their rigs, even new ones. Such as a bent wire connection, axles too light for the trailer, paint coming off steps, water leaking through a window that wasn't sealed, A/C not working, screws/nails not all the way in (did see that in the Jayco I rented), waste tanks not properly strapped so they sag and don't empty completely, bad blinds, etc, etc. Some folks have had theirs in for so much repair they've hardly used it in the months they've owned it.

After the complaints, others will chime in saying it's the nature of the beast and that you have to accept there will be problems that have to get fixed after you buy it.

I say "forget that". I pay tens of thousands of dollars and it should be ready for me to take out on the road once I get it.

However, on this forum I'm not seeing those types of complaints. It is because I've not explored the forum enough?

Or because they just don't exist and you get a quality product that's ready to take on a long road trip right away? Is it because ETI is a small company that cares about their product? And they're not a company that's cranking out hundreds upon hundreds of their product as quickly as possible to satisfy all their dealers?

After reading the other forums, I feel fortunate the rental didn't have any problems (other than the owner of the company not telling me how to do certain things or where they were, like the breakers, TV switch for cable, reset for generator - Yeah, won't go into all that - HA!) on the almost 2000 mile trip.

If I purchase an Escape, I want to be able to take it out right away and start using it. I don't want it to sit in a repair shop.

I did see one post about the frig beeping and how the owner needed to turn off the light, but it got replaced by the company owner at some rally. That's about the only complaint I've seen (so far).

Thanks much folks. I really appreciate all your feedback.

Laura
You must have been on the R-Pod forum. I spent time there also and even put money down on a 179 model but backed out after reading about problem after problem. Big problems. Anyway we're zeroing in on placing an order for a 19' Escape. Does everyone think the counter to cabinet pole remedies the roof cracking?
Old 05-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #127
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Dan, I haven't heard any reports of "roof cracking" on an Escape, with or without the pole. It's there to provide extra structural support to the overhead cabinets. Our 2015 19 doesn't have the pole, and is sound as a dollar. I'm assuming that it was added on the new generation model because of the difference in the side profile, and Escape decided to reinforce that area.

Generally, molded fiberglass trailers don't suffer from many of the structural defects and problems of conventional stick built trailers. It's one of the main reasons we own one.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #128

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have had 2 Escape 19's and the newer one with the pole is a lot easier to exit and enter.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #129

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Does everyone think the counter to cabinet pole remedies the roof cracking?
I, too, have never heard of any roof cracking on an Escape fiberglass trailer. I have read of only one report of crazing on the roof finish but that was a cosmetic issue, not a structural one. (BTW, one should never walk on the roof.)

The pole is a structural addition for long runs of cabinets that don't have closets or walls to strengthen their overhead placement.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Dan, I haven't heard any reports of "roof cracking" on an Escape, with or without the pole. It's there to provide extra structural support to the overhead cabinets. Our 2015 19 doesn't have the pole, and is sound as a dollar. I'm assuming that it was added on the new generation model because of the difference in the side profile, and Escape decided to reinforce that area.

Generally, molded fiberglass trailers don't suffer from many of the structural defects and problems of conventional stick built trailers. It's one of the main reasons we own one.

Originally I thought it was there for the occasional 'pole dance'. Thanks for the cracking clarification.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #131

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
.... and is sound as a dollar.
USD, I presume.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have had 2 Escape 19's and the newer one with the pole is a lot easier to exit and enter.
I don't follow what the pile has to do this?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #133

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sometimes my bad knee makes me exit and enter sideways, thus the pole is helpful, otherwise in the first Escape several of us mounted an additional assist handles inside to aid in entering and exiting. Some day, Jim, you too may be grabbing that pole more for assistance.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #134

There is one mounted on the outside that would be handy. Isn't the stripper pole too far inside to be of assistance.

I'm not going to get old. I turn 59 for the second time this year and think I will just stay there.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #135

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
There is one mounted on the outside that would be handy. Isn't the stripper pole too far inside to be of assistance.

I'm not going to get old. I turn 59 for the second time this year and think I will just stay there.
If I am exiting the trailer with 2 beers, I find the first step with just my foot. If I am only carrying 1 beer, I put the beer in my left hand and my right hand finds the pole for guidance. Knock on wood, I've yet to spill a beer while ascending or descending the step

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #136
Site Team

Quote:
Ah, holding pattern at 59. So that's your secret....
Old 05-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #137

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
You are so talented , have never met anyone else for whom that worked !
Old 05-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #138

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:

You outsmart every one else!! "This Year" meaning Birthday first, party after? And in the meantime fishing for Birthday wishes?
Happy Birthday from Ponoka Jim!! Have a wonderful one!!! Cheers!!