Anyone tried a Hartland tire? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #31

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
But our trailer doesn't like the water pumps either 4 so far . Pat
I know this digresses from tires.... but our water pumps have woes as well, the current one doesnít seem to prime itself..when it stays primed, works fine, but going down the road itíll lose it, then itís pull the tank hose end off, put another one on with a funnel attached and force feed it some water! Is there some sort of valve in the pump head that can be fixed?

Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #32

Trailer: None
How does a flat tire become the fault of the tire manufacturer. ?
( Blowout being the possible exception )
I 've had more tires ( vehicle and trailer ) lose air from leaking valve stems and bad / corroded rims then any other cause.
My Carlisle tire lost 2 - 3 PSI over last winter ( 7 months ) which I find quite acceptable.

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #33

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
I know this digresses from tires.... but our water pumps have woes as well, the current one doesnít seem to prime itself..when it stays primed, works fine, but going down the road itíll lose it, then itís pull the tank hose end off, put another one on with a funnel attached and force feed it some water! Is there some sort of valve in the pump head that can be fixed?
Don't really know if this will make any improvement, but I changed this last 4 th pump to be horizontal instead of vertical . I added a accumulator tank and the longer silencing hoses . At this point I am looking for any solution . I do also carry a new spare pump .time will tell . I have a 24 year old Shurflo pump on our water distiller to bring water into house at kitchen sink and refrigerator and it is horizontal.Never had a problem with it . Knock on wood . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Don't really know if this will make any improvement, but I changed this last 4 th pump to be horizontal instead of vertical . I added a accumulator tank and the longer silencing hoses . At this point I am looking for any solution . I do also carry a new spare pump .time will tell . I have a 24 year old Shurflo pump on our water distiller to bring water into house at kitchen sink and refrigerator and it is horizontal.Never had a problem with it . Knock on wood . Pat
The tire system we bought is 507 RV , non flo through sensors . Been very happy with system so far . Thankyou Tractors 1(Charley). Pat
Old 02-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
How does a flat tire become the fault of the tire manufacturer. ?
( Blowout being the possible exception )
I 've had more tires ( vehicle and trailer ) lose air from leaking valve stems and bad / corroded rims then any other cause.
My Carlisle tire lost 2 - 3 PSI over last winter ( 7 months ) which I find quite acceptable.
Steve I guess we are am spoiled . We only buy Michelins for our vehicles .We don't get flats . The Carlisles was in year 1 . We don't drive on bad roads . Losing air in tires was unacceptable monthly . We had a long trip coming up and didn't trust the Carlisles, so replaced them before we should of needed. I will say though the Carlisles tires Escape puts on are a lot better then what other trailer manufacturers use . Since Costco installed new stems maybe that was the problem of leaking air . Everyone can have different experiences, that was ours . Our new Subaru came with Yokohama 's . Same issues as the Carlisles.repaced early with Michelins . Pat
Old 02-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I check my tire pressure before every trip (and sometimes during trips) and have found that the Escape supplied tires/wheels have lost less than about 1 psi per year for the past 4 yrs. That is good enough for me.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I've done this on all my tires, car, truck, trailer. Went to an auto parts store and bought the metal valve stem caps with neoprene seals in the tops. All my tires hold air pressure just fine.