Barker 32 gallon sewage tote - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2014, 06:09 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
It's always nice to think campers before us are going to be just like ourselves. I've found that's simply not true. In the State of Oregon, we have stringent laws about dumping gray/black water on the ground. And I'm GLAD. I can't even begin to imagine pulling into a beautiful area and finding out, many campers before me just poured stinky water everywhere. Insects, rodents and smells do not add to the pleasure.

I'd strongly suggest if you're going to camp in an unfamilar state, etc. you investigate how you are to treat Mother Nature. In my state, it could save you a big, fat fine. Keep the dollars in your pocket.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's always nice to think campers before us are going to be just like ourselves. I've found that's simply not true. In the State of Oregon, we have stringent laws about dumping gray/black water on the ground. And I'm GLAD. I can't even begin to imagine pulling into a beautiful area and finding out, many campers before me just poured stinky water everywhere. Insects, rodents and smells do not add to the pleasure.

I'd strongly suggest if you're going to camp in an unfamilar state, etc. you investigate how you are to treat Mother Nature. In my state, it could save you a big, fat fine. Keep the dollars in your pocket.
Oregon State parks we visited have dish water dumps all around the campground.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #43

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Hi Dan. Met you in Quartzsite. I see you're paying special attention to sewer totes. You still hanging on to that Gatorade bottle?
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Hi Dan. Met you in Quartzsite. I see you're paying special attention to sewer totes. You still hanging on to that Gatorade bottle?
I does come in handy, and much easier to lift. (Laughing).

We were out for the month and the tanks were never an issue. Either there were bathrooms that we could use, or conservation measures proved effective, or we had hook ups.

I think I will pass on one of the totes for now.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 AM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
If they who dump grey or black water where it should not be do get caught, for them, the potty should be over.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I also use a portable tote because we’ve found that in Texas State Parks the campsites with water & electric are typically situated a bit more in the tress and generally better campsites than the full service sites.

I hope this is close enough to this topic... I’ve searched the forum and don’t see an answer I’m looking for, so here goes –
Does anyone know of a sewer hose adapter that will connect the baronet connector (the connector that attaches directly to the trailer) to an elbo? I can’t seem to find a way to connect an elbo, that has the ring connection for the dump station inlet adapter (cone)? Or, do you folks just pour into the dump station inlet without using the inlet adapter?

This is close, but as you can see, its intended to be threaded directly to a sewer hose and I need it to connect to the fitting (female bayonet fitting) on the end of the portable tote - Camco 39733 RhinoFLEX 4-in-1 Sewer Elbow : Amazon.com : Automotive

Thanks in advance for your help on this...
NorTexCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Do you mean you need an "elbow" at the in ground pipe or an "elbow" coming out from your trailer to connect your hose to? The one pictured is the one I use and is considered "safe" for use in NP and other locales that require a sealed connection. here is another one from Amazon with an "L" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #48

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Sounds too easy, but is this what you mean.

90 Degree Clear Sewer Hose Adapter with Bayonet Lugs - Valterra T1023 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World
Old 03-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #49

Sorry for the confusion, I knew that might happen, because there doesn't seem to be an adapter out there for what I'm talking about
I hope these pictures help -->
http://picasaweb.google.com/PicasaBlair
When I disconnect the tote from the trailer and drag it to the dump station, I'd like to connect an elbow and a dump station inlet adapter, just like you find at the end of most sewer hoses. The issue is that the tote connector has no way of attaching to either an elbow or directly to the inlet adapter (see picture... I didn't show the elbow in this pict, but it doens't matter, because it can't be connected either) ). The tote is intended to connect directly to the trailer.

I figured out a way to solve this, but it costs more than I wanted. Since I already have a rhino flex hose, I'm going to purchase both a Camco 39733 RhinoFLEX 4-in-1 Sewer Elbow and a Camco 39765 RhinoFLEX 5' Sewer Hose Extension Kit with Swivel Fitting. I'll simply screw off one of the connectors on the extension and screw on the Sewer elbow & inlet adapter, then use the other end of the hose to connect the tote hose. It will add a little length, but not much when it's compressed. This will also give me an "emergency" extra 5' of hose if I need it.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #50

OK, I have to update the post with a final solution, found in no other than the Thetford owner’s manual...
The smart people at Thetford realized that after disconnecting from the trailer, folks might not want to view the contents of the tote being poured into the hole, so they offer a “Double Pin Termination Adapter”, part # 40540, that connects to a standard elbow.
Here’s both parts on Amazon

http://amzn.com/B007HRN650
http://amzn.com/B002OUIXKS

So, mystery solved... next time read the instruction manual...hopefully my wife won't read this :-)