Bathroom / Shower door question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19’
Bathroom / Shower door question

All,
Question regarding the wet bathroom. How does the bathroom door seal and prevent water from leaking when having a shower? Or is there a shower curtain you pull around? I would like to see a pic if anyone has one... if a curtain is needed does ETI supply it with a new unit?
Thanks,
Sheldon
Sowen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowen23 View Post
All,
Question regarding the wet bathroom. How does the bathroom door seal and prevent water from leaking when having a shower? Or is there a shower curtain you pull around? I would like to see a pic if anyone has one... if a curtain is needed does ETI supply it with a new unit?
Thanks,
Sheldon
I don't have a photo but there is a vinyl shower curtain that goes over the doorway. There's a skinny little rail mounted above the door and little hooks for the curtain.

By the way, I recommend you change it out with a fabric one. My wife picked up a fabric shower curtain liner, and just cut it to the same size as the factory vinyl one, and sewed the edge. Works well and much nicer than that crinkly plastic thing.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
There is a shower curtain that covers the door.
And, I like to pull a large garbage bag over the toilet to keep it dry.
In any event, every time you shower, you are also cleaning the bath. A sponge or chamois and a squeegee take care of business.
Attached Thumbnails
squeegee.jpg  
Old 12-02-2017, 01:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I bought a white waterproof fabric shower curtain at Walmart and just folded it in half so each little hook holds thru two holes in the curtain. Fits just fine. If you forget to use the curtain a lot of water will end up on the floor of the trailer. I also have a very thick cotton terry bath rug on the floor outside the shower. The rugs are approx. $13.00 each at Costco.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
After a relatively short time, the factory provided curtain will self destruct. I went on Amazon and found a direct replacement available. Also, a hiker towel does a great job drying the walls - very light and quick drying.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:43 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Kevin, can you provide the Amazon link to the direct replacement shower curtain in fabric?
Thanks.
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
Kevin, can you provide the Amazon link to the direct replacement shower curtain in fabric?
Thanks.
There are literally thousands of choices out there. Just about any curtain will work. The nice thing with fabric ones is that you can easily cut them into two, seam the cut edge, and have a spare for down the road.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Bathroom / Shower door question

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
Hi Maria!
Dora bought one at Walmart, but as Jim mentioned, you can get one with a pattern that you like from just about anywhere. The holes are standard. The one she picked did not require a liner. We threw it on the picnic table and cut it in half.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Hey Red Dog and Dora,
Just wanted say it was good to see your post. Reminded me of our first rally last Fall. You guys were the best. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #10

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Cat shower curtain

I picked mine up at Fred Meyer in Coos Bay OR when I was visiting a friend. We needed to go there and I thought "let's see if they have cat shower curtains" (since the trailer is decorated with wads of cat themed stuff), never dreaming they would. Yep, they did. I bought multiples. We were super thrilled. (Never mind the ones I had just ordered off Amazon before going to the store!)

I cut it in half and also cut away a portion on the bottom so it can easily sit on top of the pedestal without bunching up. It's still long enough to cover the door just fine and the cut away section is along the side wall when showering.

And it's way better than the crappy, stiff one you get from ETI. And, of course, it looks wwwaaayyy better!

(Have to show off the fabric curtain I put over the window. It gets flung on the bed when taking a shower, but it really helps block light coming in for when I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn.)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05332.jpg   DSC05333.jpg   DSC05334.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote