Bed in 17B - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #1

Bed in 17B

We are new and are looking for a trailer. We are interested in the 17B but have questions about the double bed and what others do. It appears that the bed is somewhat narrower than a standard double bed. Is this an issue? The wife and I are both reasonably large and when we sleep in a standard double bed at our cottage (with the 2 dogs) it's a bit crowded so I'm somewhat concerned about how well we would all fit. I love the 19 but our van will only pull 3100# so that sort of limits us to the 17B. (The dogs are small (Caviler King Charles Spaniels) so they don't take that much room but we can't live without them.)
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 17
Re: Bed in 17B

I asked the same question and was directed to this good amirie post http://escapeforum.org/index.php?topic=1411.0
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #3

I'm not sure that the wife could crall in with that extension. She is semi handicapped so she needs to be able to sit and then lie down. That puts me on the outside and her on the inside. So my question still remains does the bed seem to have adiquite room or are you cramped in it? I'm still concerned about it being narrower than a standard double bed. I would like some responses form you long time users about your experiences.
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19

Have you considered the Liberty Deluxe model from Casita ? http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/index.html. The two, separate beds may be a better alternative for your situation.

Bret
Old 07-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #5

Trailer: 17

For me, the best way was to see one in person. You can only gather so much info from internet photos. If you call Tammy she will direct you the nearest one in your area. Casita will do the same if you call them. I have had huge motorhome friends upgrade to even larger since they found it inadequate. It would be hard for me to help you out on that question. Good luck.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape

Karen and I agree with gocamp: you really do need to see it, even if in another trailer like a Casita. We have a king bed at home and yes, sometimes the less-than-double in our 17B SittEscape seems cramped. On the other hand, it's more than adequate for typical camping trips. Once in a while, we think about maybe one of us moving to the small dinette at the other end for restless nights. But we never seem to get around to it. Overall, unless there are special needs, it works.

KKSitte

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote