Bike Rack - Page 18 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #171

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
Several posts have talked about this brand, Swagman, but not sure this particular model has been discussed. Model number is S64684 and etrailer sells it for $288.

Swagman Dispatch 2 Bike Platform Rack - 2" Hitches Swagman Hitch Bike Racks S64684

It is RV rated and I can live with the price, as long as it is quality and don't have replace the dang thing in a couple of years. The down side it is non folding.

"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:02 PM   #172

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-twnbob View Post
Several posts have talked about this brand, Swagman, but not sure this particular model has been discussed. Model number is S64684 and etrailer sells it for $288.

Swagman Dispatch 2 Bike Platform Rack - 2" Hitches Swagman Hitch Bike Racks S64684

It is RV rated and I can live with the price, as long as it is quality and don't have replace the dang thing in a couple of years.
This is the one I gladly got rid of, or at least the predecessor of it. Everything looks the same though. It works by holding down on the frame, and this is what wore the paint off our bikes where it attached, as others too have complained about. My buddy following me on one trip, told me that it was bouncing about way more than the trailer was too.

Regardless of the quality of bike you have, I would only buy a bike rack that held the bike by the tires. Plenty of good options for that out there.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:14 PM   #173
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
This works for us. Uplifted stinger gives a bit more clearance.

Pro Series Q-Slot Platform-Style 2 Bike Rack for 1-1/4" and 2" Hitches - Tilting Pro Series Hitch Bike Racks PS63134

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #174

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
This rack is similar to the Swagman XTC, however instead of the ratchet down(and PITA release) it has a hand-tightened knob, and both will rub your frame's paint off where the hooks tighten. With this one the tension can loosen due to the hand tightening knob loosening. Read the reviews on that at etrailer.
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #175

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
The SportRack is baaack! Some earlier posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
My rack (never used on a trailer, just the van an a motorhome) is not a good one; it is just an older version of this SportRack.
... including two from earlier in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
Crappy Tire has a decent 2 bike cradle rack for $219.99- 25% off
Part # 40-1190-4 .
Good reviews .

CCM 2-Bike Hitch Platform Carrier | Canadian Tire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
That rack looks like a CCM-branded version of the SportRack 2 Bike Locking Platform Hitch Rack. I have an earlier and very similar version of this SportRack, and I wouldn't recommend the one I have. I chose it because the design lent itself to adaptation for a non-bike item I needed to carry, but that design has some problematic features. The top-tube hooks are not quick to secure and interfere with each other, those top-tube hooks are the only the part holding the bike down, and the secondary strap is awkward...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:46 AM   #176

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I have a single bike 1UP and love it. Easy to mount it and the bike secures nice.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #177

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
anyone use a bike rack cover i have the Swagman and mountain bike looking to buy a cover advice?
Fox hunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #178
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
This one has a buckle in the middle to help keep it on. Then tie ropes around the whole shebang:

https://yardstash.com/product/yardst...ycle-cover-xl/

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #179

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Is this one made for bike racks? It's less expensive then some of the others I am looking at-which is nice. It seems all of them have some durability issues and all need additional bungie /tie down support to keep from flapping.
Fox hunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #180

Trailer: pondering.....
well after having read this long thread for recommendations for a bike rack on the back of the new Escape 19 as the hauler....thought wow this might be pretty easy to select one....titanium road bike sure makes it easier to pick a rack style...no paint to wear off, nearly indestructible...more concerned with security (and there really ain't none for a determined thief) , secure attachment to the hitch, and able to withstand trailer hauling....
now the aluminum trail bike is a bit different for a rack selection as it is painted......even both bikes combined should weigh less than a 1up dual rack if that is the way to go.
then again maybe the best place for the titanium road bike is locked down in the back of the truck bed out of view under the bed cap and then get that 1up Single for the trail bike...like those pictures posted of the 1up both on the pickup truck and Escape.

freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote