Black Streaks - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 escape
As a salt-water boat owner black streaks are a constant problem. Stainless steel and aluminum will leave black streaks; proximity to airports and flight paths will yield jet fuel residue, smoke stacks and wood burning and every time you cross a steel grate bridge or rough surfaced road tire remnants and diesel.

The Collinite products for boats (Boat Cleaner, Boat Wax and Metal Wax) cleans and protects better than anything else I have seen. Although I will use Trewax Four Seasons wax when I am willing to spend a long time on the boat- it can be applied in direct sunlight and will last 6 months to a year in tropics.

Bar Keepers Friend is the best for removing any fiberglass stain easily- you just have to re-apply wax on the spot you clean.
Mock Tender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 19'
Today I tried Meguiar's Marine/RV One Step Cleaner Wax for the black streaks. Amazed at how well it worked. Off with the black streaks, on with the Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax.

Oh - started the day washing with Meguiar's Boat Wash, so I wouldn't disturb existing wax. I've pretty much got the Meguiar's Marine/RV collection now!
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
I've used Nu Finish on our Escape since it was brand new. It has always been top or nearly top rated by Consumer Reports at a reasonable price. Our Escape is stored inside when we aren't traveling, so the Nu Finish lasts for a year before we need to reapply. I find that if I keep the trailer polished that that the black streaks wash off easily with regular car wash soaps. The other Nu Finish product, Scratch Dr, takes off any more stubborn streaks and works well on bugs and road tar. It does take a bit of elbow grease, but it doesn't remove the wax, in fact it leaves a good shine after use.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote