BlackJack is gone, Prairie Schooner is being hatched... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Pretty bad when you watch the EMS flashing for entertainment, sort of similar to timing the old flashing neon lights. Dave, wake up......get outside, your brain needs oxygen.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Jim
I'm ok, walked one of the 40s at the farm yesterday with my grandson, Rita and Jihad Jake. That was my fresh air for the week. We're showing the 19 next Friday so will be working on it , readying for spring this week. Fishing a crappie tournament in late April south and east of Ottumwa. For now, it's wall to wall basketball.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:03 PM   #43

I have fond memories if Ottumwa, Fairfield, Rome, and Mt Pleasant.
ps, BlackJack left 6 ours ago and is already missed.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Wow Jim, nice to see someone downsizing to fit their lifestyle, and adding a 'four wheeler', whatever that is Life is a matter of choices and it is sometimes difficult to buck the trend. As we look around at all the much bigger rv's in this RV park, we consider ourselves bucking the trend just by having a smaller trailer.

You deserve a big kiss on the cheek...
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #45

I'll expect that peck if we ever meet....thanks.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #46

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
(snip) I have decided to downsize to a new 19' Escape. (snip)
Hey, time to change the info on the left of this msg then!

Congrats on the new trailer! You certainly kept this change under your hat for all the many months you've had it on order. That must have been hard! And here you lead everyone to believe it was a 5.0TA that you were ordering. (I saw in another post that someone said you can't change the trailer you're ordering and still keep your place in the queue.) Sneaky, sneaky.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #47

It has not been ordered, yet. It was going to be a 5.1 version but things changed so to keep my fiberglass blood flowing I'm going to order a 19 come 4/1
Old 03-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #48

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
It has not been ordered, yet. It was going to be a 5.1 version but things changed so to keep my fiberglass blood flowing I'm going to order a 19 come 4/1
OMG, you're going to have to wait more than year before you can go camping again?!?!??!?! I'm not getting ours until Dec (or Sept) and I'm already going nuts. How will you cope? Know of one you can borrow?

I suspect you're getting a car that needs restoration and that's what's gonna keep ya from going stir crazy until that nifty new 2017 19 footer pops out of the mold and you zip back to get it.

Let's see, will a 1967 V8 red fastback Mustang pull a 19' Escape trailer?!?!?!? With red graphics, of course?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post

Let's see, will a 1967 V8 red fastback Mustang pull a 19' Escape trailer?!?!?!? With red graphics, of course?
I own two of those, one with a 289.. the other with a big block 350.. wouldn't trust either to tow an ETI trailer bigger than a 13' something about that wheel base... do you know how heavy these are in the "nose"? Just try to go up a slopped driveway in the snow... someone better dang well be in the trunk!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #50

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Aw, Jim will get a 2017 19 order for first week of Jan and then it will get moved up with the increased production to Oct 2016 and he'll be makin the Chilli trip fore he knows it.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Aw, Jim will get a 2017 19 order for first week of Jan and then it will get moved up with the increased production to Oct 2016 and he'll be makin the Chilli trip fore he knows it.
When we were up there, Sarah said they expected the trailers to be bumped up 3 months in their schedule. But, of course, that was said before they even upped the production, so who knows what will actually happen once they do.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:13 AM   #52

I'm hoping to make the Mississippi River rally in the fall if I'm lucky. But I'll have my new toy to play with before hand, it comes in 4/2. Busy April, 4/1 with Escape and 4/2 with it....
Old 03-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #53

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
I'm hoping to make the Mississippi River rally in the fall if I'm lucky. But I'll have my new toy to play with before hand, it comes in 4/2. Busy April, 4/1 with Escape and 4/2 with it....
Well ...here's hoping you are first in line on April 1st and still make the rally !!
Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #54

Quote:
Interesting hope. So, let's see, if you're the first one to call on April 1st, you'll get the first slot for a 19' in January 2017 (unless that spot is already reserved for ya ). And to make the rally, you'd need to have it done by about the middle/not quite the end of September to make it back to the Mississippi River by the end of the month. So, if they can increase production enough for that to happen, they would actually be more than the 3 months ahead of what Sarah said they hoped for. That's assuming they get into that new building pretty darn soon. And since our trailer is originally scheduled for the end of December, that means it should be done even earlier than the end of Sept that Sarah suggested. DANG! That is GOOD NEWS!

I've got a site booked for the Fall NOG and it sounds like I could actually be using it and will have a bit of time to get the blinds installed and other things inside the trailer. YAY!

So, yeah, when you get an actual confirmed date (increased production date, not the one they may first give you) on when yours will be ready, let us know and I can plan on getting ours a little bit before that.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #55

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Jim, when you first posted your change of plans I was very excited for your decision to downsize. I was equally excited for your secret in the garage. I knew you must have been lurking on a Mustang or Corvette forum, but didn't know which. Great decision on the Mustang, and remember, "You only live twice".

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: cpaharley2008... You're going to have to change your handle to "Mustang Sully" or some such thing. All that raw Hp can get you in a heap-o-trouble... QUICK!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #57

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Let's see, will a 1967 V8 red fastback Mustang pull a 19' Escape trailer?!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I own two of those, one with a 289.. the other with a big block 350.. wouldn't trust either to tow an ETI trailer bigger than a 13' something about that wheel base...
The 1967 wheelbase is 108 inches (2,743 mm) - just as long as typical SUVs currently used to tow Escapes. There are lots of other issues, though, such as too much rear overhang. Good thing this isn't a serious suggestion

The current car with a "Mustang" badge is, of course, essentially completely unrelated. About the same in wheelbase, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
... do you know how heavy these are in the "nose"? Just try to go up a slopped driveway in the snow... someone better dang well be in the trunk!
A few hundred pounds of hitch weight would fix that!

Back in '67 all that cast iron certainly did weigh down the front - apparently about 58% of the car's mass. The current Mustang has better balanced weight distribution (only 52% to 53% front, depending on engine).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote