Bluetooth instead of built-in stereo? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 10-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
The wife asked me today if we unplugged the PVR and put it in the trailer if it would play back whats on it without the cable connection.
You can put a lot of stuff on these 500G hard drives but will it play back.? Things that make you go Hummm.
I doubt the PVR would work without being plugged into the cable.

Knowing we were disconnecting cable for our move but I was staying behind to finish work I asked our supplier (Rogers) if I'd still be able to watch recorded shows once the cable was disconnected, they said sure. So I recorded some movies, then when returning from our move, turned on the PVR to get the message "not authorized" The useless PVR is now going to electronics recycling (we don't have Rogers in MB), and I've had to resort to renting 99 cent specials on iTunes to watch over the Apple TV.

emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
We have had at least four PVRs for two different satellite systems (no cable at our house) and I think all have worked for playback without a satellite signal... although it can take a while for them to give up on getting a signal, and some specific button has to be pushed to tell it to start working on its own.

No guarantees... time to test!

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote