Breaking Bad - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
High Praise for Breaking Bad

I binge-viewed Breaking Bad on Netflix last year, and had the same addictive experience as Reace and others. The writing, acting, and production values were so good that it made everything else on TV seem lame. The first two episodes of Better Call Saul look promising, and since the producers cleverly made it a prequel to BB, any of the original characters can turn up in episodes (except for the charming baby Holly).

Along with all the Emmys and other high praise BB and its cast have won is this, a letter from one of the greatest actors ever, who worked with the very best throughout his career:

Dear Mister Cranston.
I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA. Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing. I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.
I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really. But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome. From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence. You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen. That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards
Tony Hopkins.
Attached Thumbnails
BreakingBadName.jpg  
Old 02-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
New logo for ETI?

Here's a link to the Breaking Bad Name Generator, should you find yourself with time on your hands:
Breaking Bad Generator
Attached Thumbnails
BBescape.png  
Old 02-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Ltd Edition 15B (1 of 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post

Now what am I going to do?

Reace
"Better Call Saul" is available for free on AMC's website. The episodes will stay up for 30 days. The third episode should be up tomorrow.

Sure, it's only an hour per week, but at least you'll get your "fix".
Washingtonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
I just finished watching 4 seasons of Game of Thrones in preparation for season 5 next month. Truly an amazing series. The wife mentioned Downton Abbey so we started it on Amazon Prime. The first couple episodes were somewhat tedious. Episode 3 not so much. Episode 4 and I'm hooked!

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I just learned that New Mexico in fact has... a "State tie." It is the bolo. Like Casey used to say, "... you can look it up."
Old 03-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I just learned that New Mexico in fact has... a "State tie." It is the bolo. Like Casey used to say, "... you can look it up."
I have 2 of those somewhere.....used to wear at Hank Williams Jr concerts.