Build sheet 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2016, 11:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Build sheet 19

Being pregnant from "Wallnut", our new baby, due date July 2016.
"Wallnut" will be a sun loving baby by having installed solar (front) and mostly operating by dual 6v batteries.
Her backpack will be carried in the front (storage box)
Her inside will operate simple: two burner stove (turned 90*), no rangehood, (but instead a max 7500), sink / stove switched, larger fridge. One extra 12v and one USB/12v both in kitchen area. Custom Formica, custom flooring, custom fabric (no valances). U-shaped dinette, round 32" table, front (two doors) closed cabinet, access door bench. Counter extension, 4 drawers and 1 cabinet.
Her wardrobe turns into a pantry with three shelves.
Our baby will be protected from whatever weather or road damage by extra insulation, thermal windows, spray foam, extra wheel well protection, as well as a surge protector.
Dishes, dirty feet, dirty paws can be cleaned outside ps.
Trying to keep her safe on the road, being seen by others, we ordered extra tail lights. And when, at the campground, we can't find our baby, she can turn on the led awning lights to guide us home. (and mom and dad get a switch installed by the door to turn on one inside light, so they don't stumble in the dark)
"Wallnut" would like to hear from you in case she is missing something, but is pretty sure that as long the sun is shining, she will be the perfect "baby"

Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:42 PM   #2

Oops. Forgot to mention I also can look out the kitchen window, and can call my mom when it is open :-)

Old 01-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #3

And for cold mister winter: a T-valve. For the bathroom a shut off valve in case problems occur. Also the benches will be raised 2".
Old 01-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop", sold Coleman pop up
Sounds great! What is the front (two doors) closed cabinet? I have not heard of that. Also, what is your reasoning in switching the stove and sink positions? Just wondering what are the pros and cons to the positions? Last, what is done for the extra wheel well protection? I'm sure your plan is well thought out. Thanks!
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:23 PM   #5

Above the dinette there are closed cabinets on the sides, the front is open to store the posts from the table. The open one we will have closed as well with a cabinet door on the left and right. So cabinets will be all around in the dining area.
We switched the stove and sink, as well as the max fan. With the opening window above the counter and the maxx fan running, we will be able to cook without a fan, which we eliminated, as the draft from the window and the sucking from the maxx will do the job.
The wheel wells will get coated (don't know what they use) to protect the fibreglass from up spitting rocks.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
We switched the stove and sink, as well as the max fan. With the opening window above the counter and the maxx fan running, we will be able to cook without a fan, which we eliminated, as the draft from the window and the sucking from the maxx will do the job.
As fun as it is to make the trailer "your own", that's one mod I'd be very careful about doing. I've dealt with a lot of range hoods over the years. If they're doing their job they end up gunked up with the by-products of cooking.

So I think the question folks considering having the Max fan do the job of the range hood fan is: would you rather have the gunk concentrated just on a range hood fan or would you rather have it drawn upwards and coating the vinyl headliner and the Max fan?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ron,

Sounds like you cook Chorizo and eggs like us SWesterners.
Greg A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:06 PM   #8

We will mostly use the barbecue outside for "greasy" food. The stove inside only for coffee, soup, etc. And might put a protective barrier underneath the cabinet above the stove if necessary.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post

Sounds like you cook Chorizo
Had to google Chorizo Nope, just plain old bacon and eggs for me.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:10 AM   #10

We also eliminated the range hood with no poor consequences. We cook with waterless cookware (always use a cover and low heat) and don't cook anything that spatters. Our range hood at home is never used, so we didn't feel a need for the range hood in the 19.