Build Sheet Almost Done, A Few ? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2016, 11:07 PM   #101

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Our flooring cost $434 US (with the exchange rate that was current when we ordered). We ordered it quite some months ago and Pioneer has been holding it for ETI ever since. They knew it'd be on hold for many months and they were fine with that.

Yeah, the paying for the cost of the flooring ourselves and not getting a credit from ETI since they're not using their paid-for flooring could get rather irksome, if you really thought about it. Not to say I didn't! But Dirk said to forget about it, as he was. So, I did.

We really, really like the flooring we picked out. It's very cushy to the feet so I guess it has some extra cushion to it. Neither of us are rug people, so using runners was never an option for us. Neither of us like their stock flooring, so that wasn't an option either. THANK GOODNESS we could pick our own flooring, even if we had to pay for it, plus an extra hundred bucks (Canadian!) for that option.

So, the extra cost is worth it to us. But, I well understand why it won't be to others. And that's half the fun of these trailers, huh?

Congrats Stephen for picking out your flooring (maybe!), formica and fabric. Yay!

You can finalize your build sheet now, but still make some changes to it. Up to the date of when they start to put your trailer into production or the immediate process before it starts to get built. We turned ours in the second or so week of January (forget now) and yet we've made some changes to it without paying a change penalty fee. However, the prices of everything we want was locked in. I don't know if ETI will be changing prices on items like they were at the beginning of the year. Two things we wanted increased in price, so I wanted to get it turned in before anything else went up. I don't have any way of knowing if anything else did increase afterwards, so I don't know if my turning it in so early was brilliant or not.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:35 PM   #102

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We bought an Armstrong floor through Pioneer and it was only about $250 for our 21'. There were much more expensive choices at the time but ours was cheap, yet looks great. Of course, it will not last like the others. There are different grades of flooring, so people might look at that if they want to pay less.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:13 AM   #103

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
We also bought our flooring at Pioneer. With the discount that they give ETI customers, our total came out to $241.92 CAD including tax. We got Armstrong Cushionstep G2070 $1.50 sq ft. We were happy with that price since we had seen it more expensive at other stores. Also, Jennifer who helped us at Pioneer said that Escape gets the thinnest vinyl flooring for their stock inventory, so whatever anybody gets on their own is going to be thicker quality than the stock floor. Pioneer now has our flooring stored in their warehouse free of charge until Escape needs it for our 19' build next year.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 AM   #104

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I won't dispute that the stock flooring isn't of the highest quality, but I'd like to point out that it doesn't need to be. The inside of a trailer isn't a high traffic area. What is required in a commercial kitchen is much more durable and much more expensive, but unnecessary.
Only pointing this out for those who might think the standard flooring is sub-par.
I'd be hard pressed to notice extra cushioning.
Just trying to console those who are on a budget.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:32 AM   #105

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
See post #143 here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...a-1657-15.html
I installed a laminate floor in my other Escape 19' among other modifications. Went right over the stock vinyl without any changes, installed molding to secure one side and matching caulk around the other side to allow for expansion. The floor "floats" on the stock floor and can easily be removed without any damage to stock. Purchased 2 boxes at Home Depot for less than $100 and took maybe 2 days of trimming and then finishing the molding.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #106

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
On the Armstrong website I don't see any way to filter the selection by price or performance class. Am I missing something?
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #107

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
I think I just answered my own question. Apparently they list by price regardless of how you filter so the most expensive is at the top of the list.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #108

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I won't dispute that the stock flooring isn't of the highest quality, but I'd like to point out that it doesn't need to be. The inside of a trailer isn't a high traffic area. What is required in a commercial kitchen is much more durable and much more expensive, but unnecessary.
Only pointing this out for those who might think the standard flooring is sub-par.
I'd be hard pressed to notice extra cushioning.
Just trying to console those who are on a budget.
I totally agree that it's not necessary to go with a higher quality flooring, that's why mine is one of the cheaper ones and it will still last a long time. I just like the look of a wood floor as opposed to tiles. I appreciate the fact that we have the option to choose a different flooring (just wish it wasn't the extra $100 for installation...oh well).
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #109

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
See post #143 here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...a-1657-15.html
I installed a laminate floor in my other Escape 19' among other modifications. Went right over the stock vinyl without any changes, installed molding to secure one side and matching caulk around the other side to allow for expansion. The floor "floats" on the stock floor and can easily be removed without any damage to stock. Purchased 2 boxes at Home Depot for less than $100 and took maybe 2 days of trimming and then finishing the molding.
This is pretty much what it runs me for the Allure flooring I do when I renovate a Scamp and it's not a difficult job although I do prefer to lay it under the entire trailer so it takes me a bit more labor.
One big point however, is that I'm not retired yet and I get paid for my time when I sell the Scamps. In my IT business I average let's say $90 hr so two days at 8 hrs per day = 16 hrs which would be $1350+cost of materials so not very economical to do flooring myself at the moment. I do enjoy the work, and if I was retired I'd look at this in a heartbeat, but since this trailer is a keeper I wanted it completely finished with the exception of small stuff when it left ETI. Everyone has a different situation, however, this is how I looked at it with my current situation.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:58 PM   #110

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Has anyone checked the weight difference between the Escape supplied vinyl floor and an upgraded vinyl? IIRC the Allure is pretty heavy.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #111
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Has anyone checked the weight difference between the Escape supplied vinyl floor and an upgraded vinyl? IIRC the Allure is pretty heavy.
Allure weighs roughly 40 lbs per case. In my 19 it will take just under two cases to do the exposed floor area (not going under the bed or benches). So, roughly 75 lbs or so. No idea how much the sheet vinyl piece will weigh (I plan to remove the vinyl where the Allure goes).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 04:37 PM   #112

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
I love looking at all the beautiful choices for floor,cushion,countertop. We will be getting a different counter,but our thought was keep the standard floor and cushion. Those are things we can handle. When that starts looking old or we need a change, we remodel and it feels like a new trailer. I'm filing away all the wonderful choices others are making. Of course, I've got until next May,so I could be swept away by something I can't resist.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:42 PM   #113

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I found that just by changing the trim color, the floor and countertop compliment one another. An inexpensive upgrade...