Build Sheet Almost Done, A Few ? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2016, 11:15 PM   #31

Trailer: 2005 Fleetwood Pop up, Escape 21 April 2017
For the modifications to Blackjack, specifically to the U shaped dinette, what are the dimensions for the lounging board with the two cushions on top? Or is that a smaller table top? Either way, I would appreciate knowing the dimensions for the top and for the two cushions that are sitting on top of it. Thanks.

casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:07 AM   #32
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Once you take delivery the "U" dinette option all you do is measure the distance between the openings where the slats are and cut a piece of 1x3" lumber, measure again for the next one and cut. They are 2 different lengths as the opening is not square since the trailer is not exactly square. They are about 1/4 to 3/8 difference. Remove the stock table and place the slats in place in the rear (you may want to number them #1 and #2) remove the 2 corner cushions from the back and squeeze them in place. You now have a nice wide couch or even a single bed. You can then use the 2 flip up tables for what ever. We put the stock table in the tow vehicle. So the only extra thing you have are 2 small pieces of lumber which can easily be stored.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:25 AM   #33

Trailer: 2005 Fleetwood Pop up, Escape 21 April 2017
Nice idea. Thanks!
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:33 AM   #34

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Hi Jim,
We are making our own small table to mount on a Springfield pedestal and having ETI provide a cushion for it. ETI told me the width dimension is 34 1/2 inches and that there is no change from front to back in that dimension. I have read a few other posts that refer to a slightly smaller front dimension. Now I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I have my trailer before making the table which is very disappointing as we are planning a very long sight seeing trip home and the lounge is to be used as a bed for the Airedale at night. What to do!
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:40 AM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
Hi Jim,
We are making our own small table to mount on a Springfield pedestal and having ETI provide a cushion for it. ETI told me the width dimension is 34 1/2 inches and that there is no change from front to back in that dimension. I have read a few other posts that refer to a slightly smaller front dimension. Now I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I have my trailer before making the table which is very disappointing as we are planning a very long sight seeing trip home and the lounge is to be used as a bed for the Airedale at night. What to do!
Take along a hand saw and a rule, measure your exact opening, stop and get a 8' 1x3 piece, cut and use the slats as a temp set up until getting home. I realize you want it perfect upon pick up, but you will have this trailer for a long time and there will be a lot more chances after returning home and installing your custom table to use it.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Great idea! Thanks
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #37

Trailer: Casita SD 17,sold. 21 ft, May17,2017 pick up day
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Once you take delivery the "U" dinette option all you do is measure the distance between the openings where the slats are and cut a piece of 1x3" lumber, measure again for the next one and cut. They are 2 different lengths as the opening is not square since the trailer is not exactly square. They are about 1/4 to 3/8 difference. Remove the stock table and place the slats in place in the rear (you may want to number them #1 and #2) remove the 2 corner cushions from the back and squeeze them in place. You now have a nice wide couch or even a single bed. You can then use the 2 flip up tables for what ever. We put the stock table in the tow vehicle. So the only extra thing you have are 2 small pieces of lumber which can easily be stored.
I'm confused😶 the cushions are on 2 slats? No board between them? How far apart do you put them? They will support weight without collapsing?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #38

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Not slats, but what ETI refers to as a "Filler Board". In the past they have offered a 12" board with upholstered cushion for $100. The board is 3/4" plywood and very solid. It lays on the side rails mounted on the face of the dinette benches- which h is what the table rests on when in the bed position.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I'm confused😶 the cushions are on 2 slats? No board between them? How far apart do you put them? They will support weight without collapsing?
You are confusing what the factory provides and what I made myself after leaving the factory.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #40

Trailer: Eureka Equinox 6 person tent. (with a broken zipper) 5.0 TA on order July 2017 delivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
You might want to wait on the fridge fans. The DM2663 is a different fridge than the ones Escape has used in the past. The new ones actually work vs the older ones that don't. I have a Casita with a RM2454 that is the same type as the new fridge and have no trouble with it and have no fans. ps I am in Texas with ambient temps of 100+ - the fridge stays cold and the stuff in the freezer frozen.
I have wondered what you get for the $175.00 External Fridge Fan. Is it an after market fan system which goes on and off whenever the fridge cycles on? Is this an easy add on later if it is needed? Will I save propane using it? Does it work on both propane and 120v usage of the fridge? I'm in Colorado and don't plan on getting the Air Conditioner option either. I would also have the freezer stuffed with the reusable ice blocks.

SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote