Build Sheet Almost Done, A Few ? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
We have our 21 build sheet almost done. Just a few items to figure out. On the first page of the build sheet is an external fridge fan for $175. I think I understand that one and want it. On the second page there is a Fridge Fan for $21. What is that?

Shelves in closet - are these removable or fixed in place? Anybody know the height of the closet without shelves in place?

Counter extensions - I'm thinking one by the sink and one on the drawer stack and none in the dinette. Not really asking a question here just made asking for an opinion.

Inverter - not planning on getting the microwave and can't think of a reason to add the inverter since almost everything else will be 12V. But our laptops need 120VAC to charge (does anybody make a 12v charger for Macbook Pros?). Hate to spend $550 for that but it's always good to have options and it would be difficult to add later I suppose. I do have a small 400 watt portable inverter that would probably handle the charging task.

Wireless temp gauge for fridge $32. Sounds like a good idea so you can check temp without opening fridge but is it decent or should I shop around?

That's about it except for formica, fabric and flooring. Still trying to decide on those items.

Been in weather up to 100F lately with two-door 2015 refrigerator working fine. No fans. Have the one Ross showed but have not used it.

We use the closet for shirts and jackets, no shelves, and really like it that way.

We have the counter extension at the drawer stack. We usually do not use it with both staying in the trailer but when only one is in the Escape, the extra counter works well.

An inverter, at least 1500w, can be used for a hairdryer and some other items but you may not need it.

We don't have a wireless gauge and that would be good to get.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
We got one closet shelf 10 inches from the bottom and wish we had gotten one more another 10 inches up. As for spacing, they will place it where you want it. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
My understanding from ETI is that the $21 fridge fan is just a little fan that sits inside the fridge to circulate the cold air throughout the inside of the fridge to help keep all areas inside the fridge at the same temperature. I'm sure other fans can be bought off the web, but we figure ETI has settled on a pretty good one, so if we decide to get one (waiting to here reports back on the new fridge once it's out there), we'll probably just go with ETI's.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #24

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Shelves in closet - are these removable or fixed in place? Anybody know the height of the closet without shelves in place?
From post #98 on the thread on the new 2nd Gen 2017 21' trailer:

"Cabinet under the microwave cabinet: 17.75 side (doesn't have hinges on both sides) by 34" high by 23" deep"

The photo is flipped sideways, so it's kind of hard to figure out exactly what all is being shown. Measurement doesn't include the door latch/hinge as I wanted to know the size for shoving a solid object inside each cabinet.

ETI is going to add 2 shelves in that cabinet for us, equidistant from each other. Any clothes that needs hanging will go on the coat hook that will be attached on the bathroom wall above the bed. Which means coats as nothing else needs to be hung up.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:55 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
ETI is going to add 2 shelves in that cabinet for us, equidistant from each other.
I was asked what spacing I wanted for the two shelves that were added to the cabinet in my trailer; I assume that still applies as a buyer's choice.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:00 AM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We have the same Accurite wireless thermometer set and find it works well, even from the trailer to our TV while traveling. We use lithium batteries in the sensor that goes in the freezer so it can handle the cold.
Bob K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I don't think you'd like the counter extensions in the dinette if you have a table. I don't have a table, so I got 'em.
Hi Donna,

Do you have any photos of your dinette table you can share. I too don't use the stock table since we eat outside. However, a small counter space in the dining area is nice for snacks and a drink (beer bottle).

Rich
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Hi Donna,

Do you have any photos of your dinette table you can share. I too don't use the stock table since we eat outside. However, a small counter space in the dining area is nice for snacks and a drink (beer bottle).

Rich
No, Rich I don't. But I'll be going over later today and can take a few. Remember, I don't have a dinette table. Just the two Stooge tables. Is that what you want to see?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
go to post #230 here for some pictures http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...k-3134-23.html
Old 07-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Rich, post 42 shows my stubby factory table.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...tml#post109618
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:15 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
For the modifications to Blackjack, specifically to the U shaped dinette, what are the dimensions for the lounging board with the two cushions on top? Or is that a smaller table top? Either way, I would appreciate knowing the dimensions for the top and for the two cushions that are sitting on top of it. Thanks.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:07 AM   #32

Once you take delivery the "U" dinette option all you do is measure the distance between the openings where the slats are and cut a piece of 1x3" lumber, measure again for the next one and cut. They are 2 different lengths as the opening is not square since the trailer is not exactly square. They are about 1/4 to 3/8 difference. Remove the stock table and place the slats in place in the rear (you may want to number them #1 and #2) remove the 2 corner cushions from the back and squeeze them in place. You now have a nice wide couch or even a single bed. You can then use the 2 flip up tables for what ever. We put the stock table in the tow vehicle. So the only extra thing you have are 2 small pieces of lumber which can easily be stored.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:25 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Nice idea. Thanks!
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:33 AM   #34

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Hi Jim,
We are making our own small table to mount on a Springfield pedestal and having ETI provide a cushion for it. ETI told me the width dimension is 34 1/2 inches and that there is no change from front to back in that dimension. I have read a few other posts that refer to a slightly smaller front dimension. Now I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I have my trailer before making the table which is very disappointing as we are planning a very long sight seeing trip home and the lounge is to be used as a bed for the Airedale at night. What to do!
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:40 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
Hi Jim,
We are making our own small table to mount on a Springfield pedestal and having ETI provide a cushion for it. ETI told me the width dimension is 34 1/2 inches and that there is no change from front to back in that dimension. I have read a few other posts that refer to a slightly smaller front dimension. Now I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I have my trailer before making the table which is very disappointing as we are planning a very long sight seeing trip home and the lounge is to be used as a bed for the Airedale at night. What to do!
Take along a hand saw and a rule, measure your exact opening, stop and get a 8' 1x3 piece, cut and use the slats as a temp set up until getting home. I realize you want it perfect upon pick up, but you will have this trailer for a long time and there will be a lot more chances after returning home and installing your custom table to use it.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Great idea! Thanks
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #37

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Once you take delivery the "U" dinette option all you do is measure the distance between the openings where the slats are and cut a piece of 1x3" lumber, measure again for the next one and cut. They are 2 different lengths as the opening is not square since the trailer is not exactly square. They are about 1/4 to 3/8 difference. Remove the stock table and place the slats in place in the rear (you may want to number them #1 and #2) remove the 2 corner cushions from the back and squeeze them in place. You now have a nice wide couch or even a single bed. You can then use the 2 flip up tables for what ever. We put the stock table in the tow vehicle. So the only extra thing you have are 2 small pieces of lumber which can easily be stored.
I'm confused😶 the cushions are on 2 slats? No board between them? How far apart do you put them? They will support weight without collapsing?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Not slats, but what ETI refers to as a "Filler Board". In the past they have offered a 12" board with upholstered cushion for $100. The board is 3/4" plywood and very solid. It lays on the side rails mounted on the face of the dinette benches- which h is what the table rests on when in the bed position.
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I'm confused😶 the cushions are on 2 slats? No board between them? How far apart do you put them? They will support weight without collapsing?
You are confusing what the factory provides and what I made myself after leaving the factory.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
You might want to wait on the fridge fans. The DM2663 is a different fridge than the ones Escape has used in the past. The new ones actually work vs the older ones that don't. I have a Casita with a RM2454 that is the same type as the new fridge and have no trouble with it and have no fans. ps I am in Texas with ambient temps of 100+ - the fridge stays cold and the stuff in the freezer frozen.
I have wondered what you get for the $175.00 External Fridge Fan. Is it an after market fan system which goes on and off whenever the fridge cycles on? Is this an easy add on later if it is needed? Will I save propane using it? Does it work on both propane and 120v usage of the fridge? I'm in Colorado and don't plan on getting the Air Conditioner option either. I would also have the freezer stuffed with the reusable ice blocks.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote