Build Sheet questions: Down to the wire - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #41

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21. 2016 Kia Sorento EX+ V6
Send a message via Skype™ to travdes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
I have the Lagun mount as well. I order the U Shaped Dinette but requested that they not install the table. Is that how you handled things too?
Yes, that's exactly what we did. We'll use the table they are providing to install the lagun.
travdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #42

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Thanks.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #43

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by travdes View Post
gbaglo: No worries there, I don't fish or hunt .

Rubicon: Love the widget for the tap though, I originally suggested that to my wife Desiree as a selling point to having on the passenger side, and she doesn't understand wanting to do dishes outdoors when there's a perfectly good sink inside :-) . I didn't have a rebuttal, other than not dirtying the trailer. I'm leaning towards passenger side, and just use the hose out the back on the dogs if they get muddy. We have a Golden who seems to find and lay in every puddle.
I recommend both sides. Driver side for clearing the stinky slinky and passenger side for an outdoor kitchen. It is amazing how much dirt can come in the trailer if you have a group outside and the "kitchen" inside. It is not unusual for us to "host" others at our campsite who are sleeping in tents. Since we have the trailer, we provide all the cookware, dishes, silverware etc.. It works much better to set up an outdoor kitchen under the awning and reduce the in and out as much as possible.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yeppers, dueling showers on my build with dueling rear storage hatch covers....
Old 01-29-2019, 09:43 PM   #45

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
I recommend both sides. Driver side for clearing the stinky slinky and passenger side for an outdoor kitchen. It is amazing how much dirt can come in the trailer if you have a group outside and the "kitchen" inside. It is not unusual for us to "host" others at our campsite who are sleeping in tents. Since we have the trailer, we provide all the cookware, dishes, silverware etc. It works much better to set up an outdoor kitchen under the awning and reduce the in and out as much as possible.
Yes, many uses on the passenger side beyond just a traditional sink for dishes. Having a place to wash hands, fill a dog bowl, or grab some water for cooking, etc. without having to go inside will be very convenient.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:32 PM   #46

Trailer: 2016 21
Our build sheet was very similar, with a few additions.

We added exterior lights, controlled by an internal switch, so all 4 sides of the trailer has lights. They're useful when you're late birds like us trying to set up a campsite in the dark/dusk, especially the one over the storage box,

We also added a 2nd door for access under the bed, that has come in handy when accessing that large storage area.

Lastly, we had 3 walls reinforced, the 2 by the dinette and the one on the right side of the wardrobe so at some point in time(not yet, though) we could mount a TV easily.

We went with the oven, the front window, opening bathroom window, exterior(passenger side) faucet with no regrets on any of them, they've all been used, good to have.

We've really enjoyed the trailer, I'm sure whatever options you choose will work for you as well.
Bill_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:09 AM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0TA
Good job...don't know if they offer the full dinette in the 21..but we love ours in a 5.0TA
algonquin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:29 AM   #48

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by travdes View Post
(snip)
  • Graphic Color: Slate gray with no pinstriping . I loved the look of "NW Cat Owner"'s trailer, but I felt that Escape should be able to market themselves, so I left the branding.
Thanks! I love the look as well.

The Escape name is on the mudflaps, so they still got their branding in on the trailer.

I don't know if it's standard now or not as I haven't paid attention to all that, but we added the door under the bed, next to the bathroom. Then I got Charlie of RV Widgets to install a box with dividers that I put shoes in. Works great! I come in the trailer, sit on the bed and change to slippers and the shoes stay out of the way in the box. (And order the drawer toppers from him while you're at it - I have 3 in there and love 'em.)

If you do read in bed, that window and/or shelf will make it lots trickier. I have to read a bit before I go to sleep, regardless of how tired I am. It's a lifelong habit and one that doesn't work if I break it.

Are you getting filler boards for the u-shaped dinette? I got two and use one all the time. We didn't get the table installed and I use a TV tray for my meals. With the one board in place, it's great for lounging and reading a book. All of my DVDs are burned to hard drives and I can set my laptop up on one flip up counter to watch them. I'm not a watch TV in bed sort of gal.

The second filler board is used the few times Dirk has come with as that's his bed.

Not pertaining to your build sheet, but just an FYI. I just added a yoga mat to under the dinette cushions yesterday. I had installed two under the bed last year and it really made a difference in how cold the bed was. I had stayed in a Walmart parking lot the first night and noticed how cold it was. The next trip, a few weeks later, I did the same, but with the yoga mats, and I really noticed the bed was warmer (same outside temperatures). That was a tip I got from this forum. (For when I have power I have a heated bed pad and foot pad to get the bed toasty warm.)

Great build sheet - you'll love the trailer!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05408.jpg   DSC05409.jpg   DSC05344.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Looks like you have a good set up. We did get the front window and like it fine. There is no problem with rocks, because it has the white shield that closes down on it while traveling. If you want you can close it at night to block out campground lights. You can still sit up and read. I do it all the time. The only drawback is you can't have the shelf with it. That didn't bother us.
We love the automatic jack. We wish we would have gotten the additional door to store stuff under the dinnette. Haven't needed our outdoor shower yet. Have used our solar panel and zamp outlet with portable solar panel at National parks. Love our remote ceiling fan. I am always turning it on, off, up or down from bed. It is great for those of us who have hot flashes. I have umbro hooks that ETI installed on wall beside my bed which we use for jackets, purses, umbrellas, or what ever is the need at the time. We added lights on all four sides of the trailer, which has come in handy in different occasions. Did not get the WDH after talking to professional truck and trailer drivers who said it was completely uneccessary for what we were pulling. We additionally bought Tire minders to monitor pressure and temperature with a remote so we can read it from our tow vehicle.( We had a friend that blew a tire in a large tow and had major problems getting it all off the road safely) We have the refrig and freezer monitor that we can also read from the monitor in our car. We have the remote awning and had problems with it and spent months on getting it replaced and think maybe we should have gone with the manual one. If you look up awing on this site you will probably see things I have written about it. I also just wrote some things about it on Bea's message about their list.
It's exciting and making your list is the hardest part. Good Luck! Nancy
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #50

To me, the hard part was sending in the money.................
Old 01-30-2019, 10:37 AM   #51

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19', 2009 Casita 17'
Of all the items you've got on your list, the oven sticks out. We had it on our initial build list, but when we went to finalize it at the factory, it was apparent that the oven took up way more cabinet space that we would have liked.

When we thought about our previous Casita travels, without an oven, we realized that we cooked outside as much as possible, and ended up buying a really great set of roasting pans that fit our portable Weber, and we just use that as an oven when we need it. It's not going to work for baking bread, but for roasting veggies, cooking a chicken and the like, it's fine. And we have more space in a storage-constrained trailer.

We talked about it with Tammy, and pulled it from the build sheet, and have been absolutely fine with it. Tammy said that they brought a small toaster/convection oven for the times when they were hooked to shore power, which made sense.

The one thing I wish I had added was the power jack; the crank is a PITA with a really loose gear ratio. It works fine, but there are times when I think it would have been great.

I do hate the A/C though; it's loud and obnoxious, but there's not much you can do about it. Don't get the heat strip option, though; it's loud and useless, compared with the propane furnace, imho.

I also would have gotten another 12v outlet on the shower side of the unit, and possibly a propane outlet to hook up one of our outside stoves. (The shower is great for all sorts of things, btw. We set up a camp kitchen by it to do the dishes outside, and it's nice to have a place to wash off after a long dusty hike in the desert..)

Have fun!

Rick
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #52

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yeah, that too!
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Then you must be a beggar for punishment because you keep doing it over and over.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:15 PM   #54

Escape Groundhog Day........
Old 01-30-2019, 01:43 PM   #55

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
I recommend both sides. Driver side for clearing the stinky slinky and passenger side for an outdoor kitchen. side.
We do not have very much experience with dumping black and grey water as we have used the Escape only 80 days, mainly on the west coast. But every place we have used a dump station, even those along interstate highways, have water for rinsing out the stinky slinky. The water might be labeled "not for drinking water use", but it is still sufficient for cleaning out the sewer hose.

Where have you encountered no water dump stations? Our Escape only carries 28 gallons of fresh water, we sure would hate to lose even 5 gallons to cleaning out the dump hose.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #56

When you stay in campgrounds with full hook ups, like Osoyoos, you will have water and electric and sewer hookups. You do not need to go to the dump station, you merely connect your hose and open the tank valves. Thus water would be helpful to clean out the accessory hoses. Having another water source right next to the dump valves would eliminate the need to disconnect your supply water and use the cg water. The existence of cross contamination exists and it is frowned upon to rinse out your sewer hose using the water supply bib.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #57

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have a separate ( cheap ) garden hose for rinsing the sewer hose at full service campsites.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:45 PM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I use an old washing machine hookup hose for back tank stuff. Cheap and distinctive, no chance of using it for filling the tank.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:53 PM   #59
Red

Trailer: 2018 19 ft Escape
We have the shower on both sides and i am surprised how often they get used. Joldie suggested both sides when we could not agree. It was a $150 compromise that has been well worth it. Drivers side is for dirty stuff like cleaning the barbeque and passenger side for clean like cooking and dishes.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:28 AM   #60

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21. 2016 Kia Sorento EX+ V6
Send a message via Skype™ to travdes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
The Escape name is on the mudflaps, so they still got their branding in on the trailer.
I guess its also on the tire cover :-)

Quote:
I don't know if it's standard now or not as I haven't paid attention to all that, but we added the door under the bed, next to the bathroom. Then I got Charlie of RV Widgets to install a box with dividers that I put shoes in. Works great! I come in the trailer, sit on the bed and change to slippers and the shoes stay out of the way in the box. (And order the drawer toppers from him while you're at it - I have 3 in there and love 'em.)
Those look slick, I'll have to look it up. I'm game for widgets that make life easier!

Quote:
Are you getting filler boards for the u-shaped dinette? I got two and use one all the time. We didn't get the table installed and I use a TV tray for my meals. With the one board in place, it's great for lounging and reading a book. All of my DVDs are burned to hard drives and I can set my laptop up on one flip up counter to watch them. I'm not a watch TV in bed sort of gal.
We didn't but we're laying in bed and watching TV types :-) . But it does sound like a good idea for just vegging/lounging. Sounds like something we could make fairly easily after the fact though. I signed off on the buildsheet today. Thanks for the awesome tip on the yoga mats!
travdes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build sheet, escape 21